NFL teams/ players ozcard members collect

Nice thread idea Marco ! Thanks for adding me.

As for a break, I'd think you'd want something with a lot of cards in it. While Absolute and Limited are nice, they have so very few cards in them that who ever misses on the hits mightn't even come away with many base or RC's for their investment. Certified or G/Gear might be better. Another option might be to buy two or three boxes each of a bunch of different products to mix things up a bit ? I know it's a game of chance, but evryone should at least get something I think..
Random order of positions for a team draft would probably work best. That way people could trade/swap their picks if they wanted to I suppose. But not sure how some team collectors would would feel if they missed out on getting their team altogether ??
While you'd probably need to break online somehow for integrity's sake, I'm like Rusty as I like to bust my own packs :) I've watched a few online breaks and I don't really get why the customers do it ?? Especially if they only get the hits mailed out...doesn't really seem worth it at all ???
That being said, as I'm on a box buying hiatus at the moment, I might be interested in a share or two of a NFL break if we're thinking of doing one ? Maybe we need another thread to register interest, suggest products, how much they'd be willing to pay for a share etc ?
Does OCT have break rules ?

I really like 2010 topps finest if anyone wants to do a case share i'd probably be in depending on the cost

The way I would do group breaks is everyone puts their name down until the case is filled then you enter the names in random.org then you do the teams in numerical order and what ever number your next to that's the team you get. Of course you could swap teams if you wanted to. Like say if I pulled the Rams and ausram pulled the Lions i'd want to swap with him as I want the Ndamukong Suh auto and he collects the Rams.

---------- Post added 08-02-2011 at 04:28 PM ----------

You can also cross me off the list....Huge thank you to rambiboi (I'll save it for a mailday but Jaames you know what it is;))

Looks like Finest might be getting scarce...D&A don't list a case price and neither do Blowout (who won't ship here anyway!) It was a fun product to bust though!

I suppose your "double-random" way of assigning teams would work and might give a better chance of something good still going to those who got dropped down by the random sort...Possibly lead to a lot of trades too. Knowing my luck I'd get the Jaguars or some crap -useless to me, and no one else would want 'em !! ;-)

What would people be looking to pay for a share/team I wonder.....bearing in mind that the 32 shares would need to cover the case, its shipping, Oz postage and supplies ??? And you'd have to sell all the shares. $50 a share would easily cover a 16 Box case of Gridiron Gear ($1300), but something a bit more premium like Certified would probably be $70-75 as it's a 24 box case ($1920)...Do you think moving all 32 shares at that price might be a bit hard ??

The problem is you can't have all 32 teams in a share. There are at least 2-3 teams each product that have pretty much NO hits.

I understand where people are coming from with the random.org idea but I personally would prefer to open a box myself. If we do the random.org at least one person will be upset with the team they get and they won't want to do it again. Here is an idea that I just thought of though. Once you pay for your box you get to choose or get assigned a position of a box inside the case. (Whoever holds the event has to record the case opening and assigning of boxes though.) The person who holds the event then mails your box to you and then we make a thread for trades, sales etc.. Sound alright?
eddy

Eddy, in that scenario you'd be better off buying the box directly yourself and save on the second lot of postage, there's not much saving in buying a case over the price of the individual boxes that make up the case, so we're not getting a bulk discount as it were. The idea of the break is it gives you the chance to get cards from all the boxes in a case, and (big maybe) a better chance to get a big hit... and maybe it's a bit of fun ??
There's still risk involved, and someone might very well end up unhappy, but if as Jaames says, not all teams are assigned then perhaps those who didn't do so well, might get an extra team or something ?? And everyone would still get a stack of cards for their share, and that share price should be a bit less than buying a sinlgle box yourself.
I'm only thinking out loud, I've never been involved in one...

True Ausram didn't think about that. This will be my first case break so I am a bit of rookie for this sort of thing.
eddy

Hey guys , thought I'd open up another thread talking directly about the boxes/ cases that we may want , or continue on here, whatever tickles ur fancy ;)

Hey guys, just sorted through a bunch of common cards from 80's, 90's and 00's. Will list teams for sale if anyone interested. Heaps and Heaps over 2500 cards in total. Cards range from near mint to fair condition, majority on great condition. Want these gone so grab a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom