NFL Rookies - Who Are You Collecting ?

vansan

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Van
eBay User
Vandals88
Hey guys
Well the Pre Season has begun and the teams are shaking out some cobwebs before the official kick off.
So I thought since I have had plenty of time on my hands to check out this years newest crop of Rookies and there teams I would start this thread.
So I am interested in your thoughts on who you think will be a rookie to collect for the future and which rookies cards will go through the roof by the seasons end.
Also which Rookie you are already Collecting for the PC.
If you are chasing any maybe post here and we can help each other out with a trade
I started with the Cowboys Rookies Who are my team which I have a few of them in transit arriving soon.
I also have a few others I collect quite often as a matter of interest which are -
Manziel,Bridgewater,MurraySimms,Bortles
Here are a couple - Nelson Agholor (Eagles) Jarvis Landry (Dolphins)
I think could be stars by seasons end as there cards are pretty cheap being early in there careers and hopefully $$ down the track
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thinking of collecting Amari Cooper. Curious how much impact he can have on the offense of Oakland, and always been a bit of a Raiders fan.
Man he is touted as a fine prospect in early reports and an expensive player to collect as he is very popular with collectors already.
So with all the hype you would think he will have instant impact on a team that has not had great success but is building so be ready to shell out some $$ and hopefully he delivers

hmm I wasn't aware he was so popular already, and I figured from being in a far from outstanding team there may be some chance for something great there, but perhaps others think the same.. Not keen on collecting an expensive rookie so going to have to change my mind and maybe just a small Cooper PC from busts and trades.

Perhaps Melvin Gordon the Chargers running back, should be getting starts and he's a tough boy, could really impress.

Ha ha yeah it's part of the fun I think trying to find the rookie who is not as high in picks or already given big wraps and then becomes a star not to mention his cards are cheap to start with at least.
Certainly Melvin Gordon looks to be a good thing also but hey it's early which is the part I enjoy picking a couple of not so well known rookies and hoping they get a start and just burst out of the blocks.
The tricky part is finding that player with so many to pick from and not knowing how the team they play for will go
Good luck with whoever you choose

Ha ha yeah it's part of the fun I think trying to find the rookie who is not as high in picks or already given big wraps and then becomes a star not to mention his cards are cheap to start with at least.
Certainly Melvin Gordon looks to be a good thing also but hey it's early which is the part I enjoy picking a couple of not so well known rookies and hoping they get a start and just burst out of the blocks.
The tricky part is finding that player with so many to pick from and not knowing how the team they play for will go
Good luck with whoever you choose
Plenty of the 4-6 round picks even spots 100+ that have plenty of potential and the fact that it's a team sport as you say and not individual, always going to be factors.

Will be after the Ravens rookies, especially Maxx Williams, as he looks a potential beast at TE. Hopefully Breshad Perriman won't be a bust, we'll see when he finally gets on the field after getting injured on the first day of practice. Buck Allen could be a dark horse RB too with the other new guys Carl Davis (who played most of the first preseason game), TE Nick Boyle and WR Darren Waller apparently both looking good in practice. Will be looking to pick up any Chargers at the right price too. Had a bit of a scatter-gun approach to the early box/case breaks and picked up a few autos from other teams as well to add a bit of interest including an Agholor from Prestige.

Always nice to get a free hit from the card Shows 1 hit from 2 Packs is pretty good I think so can't complain.
Now as far as Murray goes it's quite funny as I was not intending to collect him at all to be honest I some how kept getting the KC Chiefs in random breaks.
Therefore he kept popping up and a friend who I have traded with before in the U.S. wanted a few 49ers cards I had so he traded me a couple of Murrays so I ended up without really trying a PC of him lol.
So needless to say not really chasing any of him right now but If a nice card pops up I would certainly have a look
Found a couple of other cards which may be of interest to you and maybe not prefer to sell ATM to replenish my PayPal which has taken a beating since I have been off work.
Ps I have baseball cards which I will send through as well for you
image.jpg

Will be chasing my ravens rookies, well racing @Rusty Nail for them lol. Love me some duke Johnson, denzel perryman and Phillip Dorsett as they are ex hurricanes. Leonard Williams and Eric kendricks will be targets for me as well. Will probably find me some other guys through preseason for this years crop. I have already got one of the big QBs (awaiting to see the rest of the break haul lol) so a Winston would be cool to hit lol

Will be chasing my ravens rookies, well racing @Rusty Nail for them lol. Love me some duke Johnson, denzel perryman and Phillip Dorsett as they are ex hurricanes. Leonard Williams and Eric kendricks will be targets for me as well. Will probably find me some other guys through preseason for this years crop. I have already got one of the big QBs (awaiting to see the rest of the break haul lol) so a Winston would be cool to hit lol
I have some dupes of Nick Boyle and Carl Davis from Contenders and a Terrance Magee from Bowman if you are interested Michael

Noted, I am still getting financially reset after Chicago (which I should post on here).

Being a Washington man I'm looking at Crowder to PC, finally a half decent year for rookies since 2012! Other than him I'm looking out for T.J Yeldon, I think he Wil do well and get a lot of time at the Jags. I collect running backs as a preference so the obvious ones like Abdullah, Gurley and Gordon but trying to find one who will break out as said bove as all those guys come with high rice tags already

Being a Washington man I'm looking at Crowder to PC, finally a half decent year for rookies since 2012! Other than him I'm looking out for T.J Yeldon, I think he Wil do well and get a lot of time at the Jags. I collect running backs as a preference so the obvious ones like Abdullah, Gurley and Gordon but trying to find one who will break out as said bove as all those guys come with high rice tags already
Watch out for for Ravens RB Buck Allen, apparently going well in practice. Have got a Mat Jones Bowl Ticket auto from Contenders and a nice Crowder numbered Patch from Prestige on its way from a box break.

Good to hear your thoughts guys and redskinsfan I can tell you your man Crowder is an easy pull in the inception as in Auto Patches as I have watched quite a few breaks and he has been pulled in every break

Back
Top Bottom