Knott

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Apivit
eBay User
knott1402
COMC User
knott
Hi, guy I been selling on eBay and never have a problem with the shipping until today I recived an email from a buyer from China username liamao2013 (with a weird and very long address) claim that he didn't receive the card yet and opened the case on eBay. The card was send using standard international (no tracking #) since Monday 5 Jan 2015 then on Sunday 11 Jan 2015 he ask me to give him a tracking number so I reply and told him that the standard mail service does not provide the tracking number but you should receive within 2-3 weeks if not please let me know. The card is 2013-14 panini select J.J. Redick gold base #10/10

My question
1. Did Auspost can track the standard mail? If yes how?
2. Is it possible if buyer did actually receive but still claim that he didn't to get the seller to refund as there is no tracking number?
3. Basically I really need help don't really know what should I do.

Thank heaps!!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry to hear man. You are pretty much screwed if you can't prove delivery.

My question
1. Did Auspost can track the standard mail? If yes how?

Did you fill out a customs declaration form? There is a bar code on there and sometimes those get scanned (usually it doesn't but you might be lucky).

2. Is it possible if buyer did actually receive but still claim that he didn't to get the seller to refund as there is no tracking number?

Definitely possible.

3. Basically I really need help don't really know what should I do.

Not much you can do unless you can prove it was posted.

^ +1.

Sorry to hear the bad news, it doesnt sound good, but I hope for a positive outcome.

A little over a month now, if it hasnt arrived yet, there's a chance it won't, or possibly already has and they're claiming otherwise.

Hi bud

Your screwed, there's no tracking with customs forms, I've tried that before haha!!

Unfortunately the buyer can put in a claim even if he did get the card, if you can't provide tracking you will lose the case straight up, I've had a lot of this happen and there's not a thing you can do about it. I still send economy because no one is going to pay $25 shipping with tracking for $5, $10 $20 cards. The people who have opened cases I've blocked from buying. Those long Asian addresses are terrible haha. I print all my addresses straight from the paypal transaction details. With my experience shipping to these locations it takes a minimum of 3weeks, avg around 4 weeks

Slim

@Slimzy69 you just ruin my hope only hope thank mate I was going to post office :crazy: , I auctually have a feeling when I saw those address that something bad gonna happen before I even shipped it, and it's suck that if the buyer did get the cards and still make a claim for it.

@Slimzy69 you just ruin my hope only hope thank mate I was going to post office :crazy: , I auctually have a feeling when I saw those address that something bad gonna happen before I even shipped it, and it's suck that if the buyer did get the cards and still make a claim for it.
Sorry mate it's just a harsh reality of what goes on, our options are limited with selling on eBay and there are a lot of scammers out there you just don't know these days...

@Slimzy69 Thank mate, well I guess I have no choice but to refund the guy. Gonna be my first negative feedback lol.

@karlsta26
Thank I won't ship anything to China again.
If he's opened a case you won't get neg feedback, feedback can't be left by buyer or seller if you haven't left it already. You can still ship worldwide just add the countries to the excluded list :)

i have had the same problems with you.
i even sent using registered, but the weird thing that i cant track it once it departed from my post office.
i had to ask my post office guy to tracked it to China post office, and finally found the package was already arrived in China post office since two weeks before the buyer opened the case.
imho, i think the problem is the post office service in China, instead of the buyer.
it's a freakin mess down there..

anyway since then i exclude shipping to China, unless the buyer want to pay for EMS/DHL.
probably the best way for those honest China buyers is to set up a PO box/mailing address in USA, such as using COMC.

Well I went to the post office today, Ask them to track the standard mail that sending to China, the post office guy said it can't be track at all. Now I wonder if we have receipt from the post or even a photo of customs declaration would be will able to use as a proof for eBay? I guess not! I think Auspost should have some sort of tracking option for those standard mail nobody going to pay $25 for registered shipping $10 worth of card. now I've refund the guy and if he really didn't get it I feel sorry for him.
I also exclude shipping to China from now on. Thank everyone here for the help.

Did you fill out a customs declaration form? There is a bar code on there and sometimes those get scanned (usually it doesn't but you might be lucky).

They should actually always be scanned at the point of lodgement at the local PO. You are not supposed to lodge them in post box (needs to be lodged at PO). But they are not for tracking purposes and they will not give you tracking details.

What I do is whenever I do lodge them, I take a photo after it has been lodged by the PO, with the "ID Recorded" sticker has been placed. This is put on by PO officer, so at least you can:
1. see the International Customs number
2. see that the item has gone past your hands to the hands of post office.

Then it is up to EBay if they accept that as proof of lodgement.

Alaric

Just a question/thought......if we're sending stuff to China with addresses written/typed in English are we hoping that someone in the Chinese Postal service can read it?? Imagine if someone from China (or anywhere else in the world) sent something to Australia with the address written in Chinese (or relevant native tongue).....I'm not sure what Aust Post does (or can do) with these items to get them to their intended destination. They're probably still sitting in a post office somewhere.

@marcus : i've had a same thought like you too
that's why i usually translate it using google translate, and put both address (printed in each languages) on the mailer.
it's actually happened not only for Chinese language, i've had Russian buyer writing their address in Russian language too..
luckily Google translate is really helpful for this kind of matter xD

Back
Top Bottom