NBA 2K9 & NBA Live 2009 Official Thread

I got myself a PS3 today and shall be setting it up tomorrow!
Also got a copy of NBA Live 09, always been a bigger fan of live .. so thought id stick with it.
Any other Live 09 users out there on PS3, i'd would def's be interested in a game, once i brush up my skills!

I used to love nba live but I switched over to 2k in around 2007, never looked back.

I like playing 2k9 now and seeing what stats I can get with different players. Good fun.

I just played clippers v lakers and lost by 3 (thanks to who else but Kobe). I was down 73-66 with 58 seconds though and came back to tie it up. Good fun :)

Ha ha, good one!!!

Sometimes I can play, and win by 40, then play and lose by 40!

On a more serious note, I can't seem to find that happy medium. I either lose by big margins or win by big margins, It's never a close finish. I have been putting the offensive & defensive sliders up approx 10 for myself or I might just increase the stats on certain players.:)

Anyone interested in a small tourney for 2K9 on the 360? (PS3 owners can copy same methods, or make up their own if they like, sorry, but I'm a 360 man).

Thinking like a Playoff-styled event.

Say 8-10 teams.

Play, win, play on. Lose, you're out.

Nothing in it, other than bragging rights.

Players will be randomed As will the teams. Best way to do this, is to have the players pick their top 3 teams each, then the top (8 or 10 depending on players) teams will be randomed for those players.

This way, there's no distinct advantage other than ability to play with good, great and average teams, and players.

With me so far?

Here's an outlook:

8 Players, 8 Teams.
Each player lists top 3 teams they'd like in the Tourney. Players will be randomed to how they appear on the playoff tree, where 1 plays 3, 2 plays 4, 5 plays 7 & 6 plays 8.

1 2
3 4

5 6
7 8

The top listed teams will them be randomed, and teams will be matched with players.

Games can be played at any time, but will probably introduce x amount of days to get it done, so there's no long waits for the next round(s).

Losers will go into an aditional tree to play off for the bottom pool, or something.

How do ya'll feel about this, and would you be interested?

If we get this up and running, I'll start a new thread with details of tourney, and contestants.

We can even run this longer if you wish, say best of 5 wins, rather than 1 win rounds.

I am Taz, definitely. Won't have it until next weekend though. Will have Gears 2 release day but that don't help you. :p

Will let you know when I'm online again with it, have a mate from here who'll be in for sure.

Sounds great guys, thanks for showing interest. If we can get at least 8 or 10, even more depending. It should be an event for the ages!!

Maybe should do a list of everyones gamer tags who use Nba 2k9 on the 360 live:thumbsup:

There's already a list of most members' online tags for the 360.

HERE

Just a matter of referring to it, to hook people up.

Updated my Live today, if anyone want's a game of 2k9 , my gamer tag is
silent303

Not a big fan of this years online 2k network, since the lobby is no longer,
played 3 games , won the first game by 2, lost the next by 1 and then won
by 22 in the last, i always find with 2k you win big, lose big or is close and
give up big leads aswell:lol:

Back
Top Bottom