NBA 2K9 & NBA Live 2009 Official Thread

I hope they make the dunks more realistic.

But the graph's look pretty slick on that vid. Sweat running down his face.

Looking forward to more 2K8 vids!!!

I'm drooling !!! They must have just updated their site as I didn't see that before. I just hope they've fixed the gameplay so that on NBA Live you don't score 170 points playing 12 minute quarters and beat the computer by 50 points - that was the problem I found on their previous releases even on the hardest setting. I actually traded my copy in at EB games and switched to 2K*.

Live has always won the battle of the graphics for me.

For anyone that hasn't seen what Scotty and I and rambling about ... its here:

EA Sports : NBA Live 09 : Media Page

I'm drooling !!! They must have just updated their site as I didn't see that before. I just hope they've fixed the gameplay so that on NBA Live you don't score 170 points playing 12 minute quarters and beat the computer by 50 points - that was the problem I found on their previous releases even on the hardest setting. I actually traded my copy in at EB games and switched to 2K*.

Live has always won the battle of the graphics for me.

For anyone that hasn't seen what Scotty and I and rambling about ... its here:

EA Sports : NBA Live 09 : Media Page

Damn, I have trouble sometimes with 2K, where one minute you get whooped, then the next time you flog them, then others you've got a triple OT....

Maybe it's the crappy way I play??? :lol:

Damn, I have trouble sometimes with 2K, where one minute you get whooped, then the next time you flog them, then others you've got a triple OT....

Maybe it's the crappy way I play??? :lol:

Nope, that's normal in 2K. You'll go into the 4th quarter leading by 16 and think it's in the bag, then at the end of the game you're left scratching your head wondering how you managed to lose.

I've never had that problem. I think it's funny that in the live versions, you can hit 100+ points in 5 minute quarters EASILY, while in 2K8 you are lucky to hit 80! Double-doubles and especially triple-doubles are much harder to get too, not to mention blocks.

I was a huge advocate of LIVE for a long time had 04-07, then bought 2K8 and I've been turned. 2k* all the way!

can't wait for this game...
yeah im the same malonb....i was a huge nba live fan...like have them on playstation 1 nba live 1996,98,99,2000,2001...then on ps2 nba live 2002, game cube nba live 2003..then ps2 nba live 2004, 2005, 2006 lol....then got a ps3 and got nba 2k7!...im hooked on 2k now lol..

Anyone know when the demo's usually come out for these two??

I'm starting to like the "Live" feel in Live this year, how the players actually get updated with how their real-time players are performing...

Still think that 2K might be better (again)...

Live 09 Demo is up on Xbox Live Marketplace. I think I'm sticking with the 2k series for another season, but that's only after a quick play last night.

i can't wait for 2k9 to come out....really looking forward to it. i downloaded the demo for tiger woods pga tour 09...that looked pretty good too (i have 08)

I've never had that problem. I think it's funny that in the live versions, you can hit 100+ points in 5 minute quarters EASILY, while in 2K8 you are lucky to hit 80! Double-doubles and especially triple-doubles are much harder to get too, not to mention blocks.

I was a huge advocate of LIVE for a long time had 04-07, then bought 2K8 and I've been turned. 2k* all the way!

haha your not wrong mate, i used to play 2006 and i played about 5 minute quarters, i'd usually average around 105-115 points most games, when the shots weren't falling mid 90's, and when the 3's were falling 120+.

then i started playing 6 minute quarters and very often hit 127+ haha.

XBox 360 release date for NBA Live 09 in Australia = Oct 8th ( Ref: w*w.dstore.com.au)

XBox 360 release date for NBA 2K9 in Australia = Oct 1st ( Ref: w*w.dstore.com.au )

Thanks for info on the demo *Oz; will be having a crack at that after my real-life basketball game tonight!

Back
Top Bottom