NBA 2K9 & NBA Live 2009 Official Thread

Had a bit of a play with this one, and OMG.... OH MY GOD!!! Graphics are INSANE!!!

Playability, yes please!

This'll make ya laugh.....Played a Quick Game, Nets V Mavs (I was NJN). Towards the closing of the game, Kidd gets the inbound pass, and litterally ran coast to coast, and didnt stop... yep, he turned it over! Ran straight outta bounds!!!

One thing, there's this annoying "line" that comes up at the bottom of the screen and doesnt do anything.... just sits there... kinda looks like it should have an update or a stat-line or something, but so far, nudda, not a thing... any ideas?

Tried out Dunk School. Not much of an improvement here, other than graphics.
This lead me to a "game"... what sort of game? How about we have a game, see who can post up some unreal dunks and stuff!

I had a bounce alley over a barrier/sign finished with the VC elbow dunk. Then I had a over the barrier/sign finished with a windmill flush. This one I recorded on my mobile, looks crap tho.

Any ideas how to get these recorded properly? I could record on the HDD, then burn to disc, then open on PC then rip and upload, but eh, what a journey....

Back to 2K9....

Love the look of it 100%. Sh!ts over 2K8, which IMO totally shat over Live 08. Without playing Live 09, and only the Demo, it's hard to say how good that game really is, considering I hated the 2K9 demo, but didnt mind the Live 09 Demo.

Anyone else got some more comments?

on Live dynasty mode, portland is a great team to pick cause they are all young.

they got a great team.

will get 2k9 in the next few weeks

Will pick up 2K9 over the weekend....Can't wait. Tough choice is who to pick for my first association....Portland for it's great looking youth movement, New Orleans, Milwaukee or Golden State.

great game....last night i played a quick game - International All-Stars vs. Team Jordan (and i got my arse kicked!) haha...(i was team jordan)....Bogut got more minutes than Yao....probably because i was down by 30 points at one stage......still love playing it...the attention to deail is fantastic, ...example, you can run into a reff. Also free throws, if you use Ray Allen, he actually does his shooting form before the free throw...now thats attention to detail! haha

Girlfriend came home from the shopping with 2K9 for me. It's the PS3 version though....i do own both 360 and PS3 but and deciding whether to open it and start playing or take it back and swap it.

Most people here seem to have the 360 version so if i want to play someone or start up a league 360 might be the way to go?

What are the 360 servers like compared to PS3 for stability online???

great game....last night i played a quick game - International All-Stars vs. Team Jordan (and i got my arse kicked!) haha...(i was team jordan)....Bogut got more minutes than Yao....probably because i was down by 30 points at one stage......still love playing it...the attention to deail is fantastic, ...example, you can run into a reff. Also free throws, if you use Ray Allen, he actually does his shooting form before the free throw...now thats attention to detail! haha

Most of that was also in 2K8 too. They've just beefed it up a lot more this year. Especially the in-game movement, and also the post-play motions.

Girlfriend came home from the shopping with 2K9 for me. It's the PS3 version though....i do own both 360 and PS3 but and deciding whether to open it and start playing or take it back and swap it.

Most people here seem to have the 360 version so if i want to play someone or start up a league 360 might be the way to go?

What are the 360 servers like compared to PS3 for stability online???

Have no idea what's better, but I think the majority have 360 here, so if you're wanting to play it online, I'd go for the 360. I think PS3 might be better graphics, but not sure???

Been playing this a bit, love 2K9!

Started an Association with the Nets, I think it's on Pro, and havent adjusted anything.

4-1 in the season, got flogged by Cleveland, then flogged Atlanta!! Go figure.

Made a couple of small trades, but only to get bench warmers for cap space at the end of the season. I had Stromile Swift demanding a trade, cos I don't play him. And also Bobby Simmons wanted out.

Ager sits on the bench but tells me he's "happy with his minutes"...???

I consitently get blocked in the low-post, too quick to shoot rather than fake. Can't get many blocks myself, my players might get 1 or 2 now and then, but I'm hopeless at getting them on my own.

So far, Harris is 2nd in PGs (All-Star Voting), Carter is 2nd with SGs, no SFs are ranked, Ryan Anderson & Brook Lopez are up there with the Rookies, hoping Anderson will get ROY, he's a gun!

If anyone wants an online game, hook me up!

Yep, i took the PS3 version back yesterday and picked up the 360 one. Haven't had the chance to play yet but hopefully will get a game tonight.

Once i've played a game or two then i'll def be up for an online game...gametag is digeze (go figure). Love to organise a league at some stage too :thumbsup:

who else has this on ps3? so we know who has 360 and ps3 versions...then hopfully start leagues or something? sounds like a great idea...will be the closest we can all get to playing basketball against eachother! haha

Both the games look great!
At the end of the yearr i plan to buy a PS3, but the hard part will be choosing which game.
Ive been playing NBA Live 08 lately on PS2, found it better than 2k8.
But found 2k7 better than live 07 ... so im kind of crossed between which one to get?
haha probs will get both
Can't wait tho, as my PS2 just cant cut it anymore, def's gotta get a PS3!!!

If we all have 360's with 2K9, are we going to start up some sort of league or tournament we can do?

What sort of comp would you guys like to run?

I havent looked at the online options yet, but I'm guessing there's:

Team1 VS Team2 (2 players)

Team1 VS Team2 (10 players - 5 on 5 with player lock)

1 on 1 (2 players)

1 on 1 on 1 on 1 - Game of 21 (4 players)

1 on 1 on 1 on 1 - Dunk Comp (4 players)

1 on 1 on 1 on 1 - 3pt Comp (4 players)

Personal preference for me would be Team1 VS Team2 (2 players) in a Playoff type tree. Winner plays on.

We can set it up, but we're gonna have to pick a team that someone else does not want, or is OK with someone else picking.... make sense?

You can normally do a proper league.

Everyone plays against everyone with a proper schedule. At the end a playoff tree is created for the top teams. Also have the ability to do live drafts too.

Also, i just tried to login to find my 360 live has expired...anyone know roughly how much it is going to cost me to get back online for 360?

Hi All,

Being a virgin 2K9 playa, i cannot figure out how to load a saved game, i play 1 game and when it finishes i save, but when i go to load, it doesn't load. WTF. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

just ordered Live09 for $80 stoked.

JB HiFi are selling 2K9 for $79 bucks too... not happy, just paid $99 for mine last week! OOPS!

Hi All,

Being a virgin 2K9 playa, i cannot figure out how to load a saved game, i play 1 game and when it finishes i save, but when i go to load, it doesn't load. WTF. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you start an Association?

When in the Season (of the Association), go to Options, Save. Then when you reload the game (or next power it on), go and Load Game.... :thumbsup:

anyone here play online with Nba2k9 for xbox360?

Let me know, have to have a game:thumbsup: , waiting on my copy to come in mail.

Let us know when you get your copy, no point in wanting a game without the game....

Back
Top Bottom