UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

Now all I want to hear is UFC Melbourne Velasquez Vs. Werdum and Rousey Vs. ???? and Hunt Vs. Bigfoot 2

This whole situation stinks, and it doesn't paint the UFC or NSAC in a great light.

- Jones failed an out of competition test taken on December 4.

- The results of which were known by the UFC and NASC on December 23.

- On January 1 the UFC announced that they'll abandon their own out-of-competition testing.

- January 3, UFC 182.

- January 7, Jones admitted to rehab.

Because the cocaine metabolite (benzoylecgonine) he test for isn't banned out-of-competition by NSAC (Vegas, lol) their was apparently nothing they could do.

And all this is why Dana aren't putting Jones to the sword, like he has done before with Matt Riddle and Pat Healy.

Plot thickens.

Now there's speculation Jones is using PED's after Kevin Iole from yahoo posted this on twitter

BTW, for those who care, Jones' T/E ratio was 0.29 to 1

0.7:1 is the low side of healthy.

1:1 is considered healthy.

4:1 is high, and the limit under the WADA code

6:1 the limit under NSAC or NCAA.

Overeem got popped at 14:1, and Sonnen at 16.9:1.

So for Jones to be so low is a strong indicator that he's masking PED use by using synthetic epitestosterone to balance the ratio.

That or he's one of the fittest addicts you've ever seen (as long term cocaine use can also inhibit natural testosterone production)

really ? one win over diaz and he gets the next shot? i thought rockhold vs machida got the next shot?

really ? one win over diaz and he gets the next shot? i thought rockhold vs machida got the next shot?

Agreed, or maybe the winner of Rockhold and Dragon to fight Silver for the shot. Or is that too long between title defences?

I think its just a ratings thing, I was only thinking the other day that if Vitor manages to win ( Which I doubt) that a rematch between Anderson and Vitor in Brazil would be massive.
I personally think Rockhold can beat Weidman and see him as the next champ!

anderson has already said he won't fight any brazilians to get to the title. but yeah i'd love to see rockhold get a shot. In saying that i'm a huge machida fan too, but i don't think i can see him getting the job done.

Theirs a lesson for all the ufc fighters, if your going to do drugs then make sure it's cocane and now weed, because weed will get you suspended for a year but cocane won't, ufc is a bunch of hypocrites

Ethically, yes.

But legally, no.

Jones failed an out-of-competition urine test (December 4), and under the WADA code, cocaine isn't prohibited during the out-of-competition period.

Nick Diaz, Matt Riddle, Pat Healy, all failed post fight tests. So they essentially fought with marijuana in their system.

Had Jones failed a post fight test, he would have been punished just the same as the above three. And the fight would have been ruled a No Contest.

The tricky thing for marijuana users is it stays in you system a lot longer than cocaine.

Ethically though, they are hypocrites. I'd wager they don't give a shit what you do in your own time as long as you don't f*** up their plans. That's why they had no hesitation in throwing guys like Healy and Riddle under the bus.

Hilariously, while marijuana has been decrimilised in some US states, it's still listed as a Schedule I drug, where as Cocaine is a Schedule II drug due to its use as a topical anesthetic, despite multiple studies showing the medicinal benefits of marijuana.

Rockhold vs Machida has been booked Finally. Keen for that fight.

Rory and Lombard booked for UFC186, supposedly getting the shot at the Winner of the Hendricks Lawler Trilogy

Poor old rory is probably thinking well i've heard that before. but great fight good luck to lombard i hope he wins and when he does he can lose his next fight to my boy lawler in his 2nd title defence

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom