UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

I think Rory handles Lombard easy, I didnt think he was overly impressive in his last fight. Rory will stay on the outside and pick him apart like he did to Woodley.

i think you're right. although rogan reckons they struggle to find people to fight lombard supposedly hes that guy that no one wants to vs.

but yeah, i can't see him getting the job done, his last fight was very lacklustre

HAHA Jones in rehab for 1 night.

Way to get some help! _________________ <- SNORT HERE

Last edited:
Anyone watch ariel hawanis podcast the mma hour? I listened to the hendricks interview

Found some of it interesting, if you can get past the fact that "you know what i mean" is the only phrase in his vocabulary, his talk of cutting weight and what not for the lawler 2.0 was interesting

image.jpg

What the f?

I thought we were getting a trilogy?

And what about rory vs lombard now?

And lawler whats instore for my main man

So for the last year or so now I've become pretty dubious of Overeem's autos, especially given I've received none of the pending redemptions with Topps.

I even posted about it in another thread

As an Alistair Overeem collector, I can relate

WZgluaa.jpg

All his early stuff looks like this

XLAoJ3S.jpg

His UFC-era Topps stuff is like this

oP0W0eO.jpg

and lately his IP stuff has looked like this

kNeadS6.jpg

and this

Now this has just surfaced on eBay

pet89ST.jpg

From the 2008 K-1 Dynamite set. These were #/18.

They pre-date anything Leaf produced by at least two years. I'd like to say I have some faith in Leaf's autos, but then you see things like this...

LBHSgeA.jpg
b7LADG3.jpg

and compare those two, with the Leaf Legends of Sport card quoted above, and you have 3 autos with obvious variations. The Legends of Sport auto looks very carefully done, mimicking the symbol for anarchy. These two both feature the quickly done 'AO' side by side, but then one of them looks like someone has added 'vereem' to it.

Whatever the explanation, out of all these variations the one that sticks out as the least likely are the ones coming out of Topps.

So for the last year or so now I've become pretty dubious of Overeem's autos, especially given I've received none of the pending redemptions with Topps.

I even posted about it in another thread

Now this has just surfaced on eBay

pet89ST.jpg

From the 2008 K-1 Dynamite set. These were #/18.

They pre-date anything Leaf produced by at least two years. I'd like to say I have some faith in Leaf's autos, but then you see things like this...

LBHSgeA.jpg
b7LADG3.jpg

and compare those two, with the Leaf Legends of Sport card quoted above, and you have 3 autos with obvious variations. The Legends of Sport auto looks very carefully done, mimicking the symbol for anarchy. These two both feature the quickly done 'AO' side by side, but then one of them looks like someone has added 'vereem' to it.

Whatever the explanation, out of all these variations the one that sticks out as the least likely are the ones coming out of Topps.
Wouldn't Reem be able to cause topps some serious trouble if they were forging his signature?

Think theres more chance that overeems probably got his little brother or cousin or something to sign them on his behalf wouldnt be the first time that something like this has happened

Thoughts Fellas?

He sure knows how to put on a show. The hype behind him continues to grow.

i missed the cowboy fight, will download that later tonight, but saw he got the job done so im stoked with that.

Very happy with McGregor getting the win, big fan of the guy. Not at all a fan of Cerrone so would have liked to seen him get beaten.

say what you like about it, but at the end of the day, everyones going to be watching that fight. and his pockets are just getting filled deeper with cash.

Everyone knows Connor talks the talk to pay the bills. It's been a proven technique in combat sports since the days of Ali. The good thing for him so far is he's backed it up. I think people expected him to walk through Siver, which he did, but I don't think people appreciate how dangerous Siver is. Anyway, it was a great performance and I'm excited to see how he goes with Aldo.

This year has started out great for fight cards so far, and we've got Johnson v Gustafsson next week, Silva v Diaz the week after that and Rousey v Zigano a few weeks after that!

not to mention rousey zingano is coupled with weidman and belfort.

interested to see if belforts the same guy off TRT

UFC185 is absolutely stacked tooo!

not to mention rousey zingano is coupled with weidman and belfort.

interested to see if belforts the same guy off TRT

UFC185 is absolutely stacked tooo!

I completely forgot about the Wiedman v Belfort fight. That goes to show how good the cards are at the moment.

I think Zigano is amazing and has the really grit/killer instinct that is could take to challenge Rousey. I still don't think it will happen, but I am interested to see to badass chicks throwdown.

lesnars next

and i heard gina carano talks again haha. this ones becoming a joke, i think we can say shes definitely done now for sure.

Back
Top Bottom