MINI LOGOMAN Mailday, but what do I do......

rhysjsolomon

@mojochasers
Real Name
Rhys Solomon
eBay User
mojochasers
COMC User
Pugzlife
Hey guys!!!

Got a slip in the mailbox yesterday to go pick up a package from the Post Office that was delivered registered!!!

And with me only having 1 card incoming via registered post, I got quite excited and rushed down after work to get it!!!

And this is the result...

[youtube]hNLXsHQMdyE[/youtube]

Now what do I do about this?

The card has some slight damage but not too much!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I've contacted the seller with the following...

hey buddy!!!

received the melo logoman today!

but the toploader thing the card was in has done no good for the card!!!

when i opened the package the card was hanging out the top of the flimsy toploader and now has some damaged slightly corners!!! and also had the chance of being bent!!!!

Not too happy as its an expensive card for me and also I paid extra for registered shipping! I thought the card would have atleast had some type of protection!!

I now have 5 of these mini logoman cards (as I'm slowly building the set) and this was the only one that wasn't sent with care, as the cards don't come cheap!!!

Not too sure what to do, but I thoughht I'd come to you first, as I wanted to let you know that you may wanna ship the cards in future with better protection! maybe in a hard plastic case and between 2 pieces of cardboard also!!! even a magnetic one touch case!!! especially with cards that cost so much for collector's to acquire!!!!

thanx mate

God bless

ps. also busted the package on camera after I picked it up from the post office and decided to oppen it on camera there and then as the package felt like it was not protected! so did it on video as i do alot of stuff on youtube!! So if u wanna see the opening of it, I'll send u the link once i post my mailday on youtube!

thanx

the sellers response...

Dear iggy9philly.
Is the envelop damaged? If it is please go to the Post office and let them see it. I sent all my cards in this manner and I had no problems before. Please send me a picture of the envelop.
It is impossible for the card to slip out of the toploader as you are suggesting because I alway seal the toploader with tape. If it was as you say then somebody tampered with the package at customs. I suggest that you go after them as my packaging was professionaly packaged. Your u tube proves nothing. You could be opening anything under that camera. Go after your customs or your post office as you proved to me that the package was tampered with.
Thank you
God bless.
Kirk

So I responded with...

thanx mate!! the envelope is fine!!!

but the card was half out the top loader and the tape was stuck to the mini sleeve!!! so it was possible for it to slip out, because it did!!!! and the top of the card was out of the toploader with no protection!!! (if u can call that crappy piece of plastic a toploader!!) (they're good for single base cards, not thick 1/1 logoman cards!!)

I do have the video of me opening it at the post office in my car!! so don't know what u mean by me opening anything under that camera!! dont see why sending a picture of the envelope would be much different?

it doesn't look tampered with and the envelope is fine! just thought i'd let u know the card slipped under the tape and got slightly dinged corners!!!

thanx mate!!

God bless you too

Next reply by the seller...

I sent out all my cards this same way since 1999. Do you really believe that I would neglect to package an expensive card in an insecure manner. Did you ever receive any redemption card expensive from Upper Deck?. They packaged them the same way I do. If the tape was touching the mini slip then someone released the tape. I believe that you just want your money back. I sent you a perfect card professionaly sealed. You are blaming the wrong person for the tape being changed in the way I sent it. It is impossible for the tape to come of the plastic of the toploader on it's own. Someone tampered with it. or in your excitement you opened it carelessly. How can it happen to only you after over 8000 packages I sent out?. Describe how I sealed the bubble envelop, I need to know. It is important.
Kirk

and another from the seller after the last one...

I re-read your message and to prove that you are lying, you said that the tape got stuck to the soft sleeve (mini sleeve) so if it was stuck to the soft sleeve then the card was still protected making it imposible for the corners to be damaged and also you said that the soft plastic of the top loader was for thin cards it proves that the thick card was even more snug in the top loader making it more impossible for it to slip out on it's own with the bubbles of the envelop holding the card. In front of a witness we tried to do what you said and we shook it vigorously and still it would not come out. Try that yourself with a thick card. Again I ask you to describe the way I packaged the bubble envelop. I sent you a perfect card strait from the tear card to the toploader.
Kirk

and my reply...

I'm lying now am I???? I dont think so my friend!!! The card was PC so I was ready to spend the amount on the card! But didnt think the card would be sent with no care at all!!! Yes u taped it up, but the card was still out the top and now has damaged corners! How would I make this up??? I have the video, it is up now! Check it if you want to!! It is here... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNLXsHQMdyE"]YouTube - What Would You Do??? Mailday sort of!!!!! MINI LOGOMAN my 5th one[/ame]
I also have scans at the following link... http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/foru...17-mini-logoman-mailday-but-what-do-i-do.html
I've never received an expensive redemption from Upper Deck, but I have received numerous redemptions from them and they've all been sent in a normal hard plastic toploader!!! If you have truelly been in the hobby since 1999, you would know that the flimsy toploader you used, do no good for cards while in transit!!!
Thanx very much! Check the links if you have time!
God bless

next reply by the seller...

I'm asking you again to describe the way I package the bubble envolop.
Thank you.
Kirk

my reply....

Hey buddy! Not sure why u dont know how u packaged it, as u've said you've done 8000 transactions the same!!! So not sure why u dont know!!!
But I'll put it in layman's terms for you!!
You put the card in a mini sleeve and then placed it into a crappy piece of plastic which we'll call a "wannabe toploader!"
Then u placed some tape over the top to try seal it in! Although the card is thick and with a simple movement can unstick the tape!!!
You then placed it into a bubble mailer and shipped it away!!!
What you did wrong????!!!!! The card is not a card you place into this type of sleeve protector!! Let alone any card is for that matter! Especially if sending the card away!!!
It may be good for your own Personal Collection, but if you are sending a multiple hundred dollar card, you need to do it with a certain bit of care!!! And basically package the card the way you would like to receive it!!! Coz now the card is damaged and has lost value, so if I ever wanted to sell, I have to show the damaged corners and won't get anything towards what I paid!!! Where if you sent in a magnetic one-touch or 130pt hard plastic toploader, there wouldn't be a problem!!!! If you watch the video you will see what I mean by the card hanging out the top and being in plain view for damage!!! Which is what it got!!! Sorry it happened, but it did!

seller's response....

Why are you not anwsering my question about the outer packaging. This is the fourth time I'm asking you to describe the package you received. Please answer this e-mail. Kirk

my response...

hey buddy! it's a yellow envelope with the Canada Post Registered sticker. It was sealed down with a little bit of sticky tape. Is that what you were asking for? Sorry, I misunderstood the question! But that was the 3rd time you asked!!

Another message from the seller....

The name of the sleeve I used since 1999 is Ultra Pro Semi-Rigid Card Holders. If you check with the Becket compamy for grading any card they will always advise you to ship the card to them in the same holder I just described to you. They advise this so the card is well protected. Go to Beckett.com ? Beckett Media LP and see for yourself.
Kirk.

my repsonse....

The name of the sleeve you used was "Cardboard-Ruined-After-Placing" which in other words is C.R.A.P!! I've spoken to and received comments from over 50 people about this situation and not one of them has said you did a great job in sending this item! Its a freaking expensive card and I dint pay so much to have it just shoved into a bubble mailer with no care!! What good have Beckett done to the hobby the past couple years anyway!?!?!? I could rip the card in half and it will still grade a 10!!! I'm over this now! Paypal can decide the outcome! Unless you can come up with a fair way of deciding what to do about this! Peace out and God bless

another message sent by me....

Also I checked the beckett site and found the following... Beckett Grading Services | Submission Form ...in no way did you package the way they said to!!! So I'm sorry mate, you are in the wrong!
God bless

a new reply from the seller....

Dear Rhys.
Please read all your e-mails. You are lying and if I have to I will take this to court. I tried with knowledgable witnesses and we abused the package in every way we could and in no way what you said could move. I won't tell you what it is because I am saving that information for the Courts as my lawyer advised me and also under legal advise, your vidio tape means nothing. I'm taking this matter very seriously. One of your e-mails proves that you are lying. Also do not forget that you received it by registered mail. I have been in these business for over 20 years and I have been with e-bay since 1999.
Kirk

my reply....

Hi Kirk! Just wondering how in fact I am lying? I have told you the truth of how it happened and I've also got the video of myself opening the package after I just received it at the Post Office! Not sure how much more you could want? And don't know what calling me a liar is helping you do? I'm far from that and thats the last thing I'm going to do! You're lucky that this situation happened to me and not someone else, as I have been nice to you the whole time and haven't stepped out of line at all! But all I am asking for is a simple bit of compensation for the card being damaged! But you keep coming back with these silly messages!! Once again I'm sorry it happened, but hey guess what.... it did!! It wasn't sent with care! And it wasnt properly protected even by becketts standards, after seeing the site! God bless mate! Rhys

another message from seller....

I sent 40 cards this way to the Beckett as they told me do not try to bluff me. I have their booklet instructing me. I do not know what you were looking at. And by the way God does bless me every day of my life. Kirk

my reply....

How am I trying to bluff you???? I sent you the link saying to send in between 2 pieces of cardboard, which is what I wrote in the first ever message I made to you!! You just threw the semi rigid thing inside a bubble mailer, just by itself! In no way is that following Becketts instructions!!! It's an expensive card and after being in the hobby 20 years as you say, you should know how it should've been sent! God bless you my friend! I'm glad God blesses you to, as no one deserves anything better! Take care. Rhys

message from seller....

Dear Rhys.
I wasted enough time on this transaction. Please return the card to me in the same top loader (flimsy or not) and also put it into a bubble envelop and put scotch tape at the opening of the flimsy Ultra Pro. I feel comfortable to received it as I sent it to you. I will never give you a discount on the amount. In my 20 years of business, I dealt with people like you but thank God only a few. As soon as I receive my card I will immediately refund your $335.15. Let's put this behind us. Enough is enough.
Kirk

and another from seller....

Dear Rhys. Claim # PP-623-668-032.
Please return my card in a soft sleeve and in the same(flimsy as you call it) top loader. Don't bother with putting it between carboard. Just make sure the opening is secured with scotch tape. I feel comfortable receiving it this way. As soon as I receive my card back I will fully refund your $335.15 for the 08/09 Topps Treasury Mini Logo Gold C. Anthony #1/1. eBay ID #110330271660. Please understand, I will never agree for you to keep my card and to give you $160.00 back. I wasn't born yesterday. I sent over 1000 thick cards this way and I never-never-never had a problem. my feedbacks speak for them selves. Please sent it immediately and get this over with.

Kirk

and another from seller....

PS to previous e-mail.
Mr Rhys understand that my lawyer has all copies of are e-mails and I wiil expect the card to be in the exact shape that you described. Believe me when I say I know cards.
Thank you for your attention in this matter.
Kirk

my reply to the seller....

Hey Kirk. I'm sorry. I've had enough of it all too & can't bother to try communicate with u anymore, as its going nowhere! U call me a liar, yet u say u've had 8000 transactions & never had a problem!! Yet look at what I just came across....

"Card came badly creased because of bad shipping!!!! Would not respond to email. redwings1340 ( 319) Jul-01-08 21:10
Reply by ckirk6o2q (Jul-14-08 09:37): BUBBLE ENV. S. RIGID TOP LOADER POSTAL DESTROYED ENV. I REC. NEG.? ARE YOU OK?
Follow-up by redwings1340 (Jul-14-08 11:03): Not in top loader!-- (#140236063093)"

Thats the exact same thing! Damaged card coz of Semi rigid top loader! WOW! I'm sorry buddy! But even with ur so called "lawyer," u have sent the card wrong, I have video evidence showing exactly how it was received, I have over 200+ people who agree with me & no lawyer firm is gonna pursue a case for a $300 card sent to Australia when it is plain to see seller in the wrong. Please no more emails! Its now upto Paypal!
God bless, Rhys

reply from seller....

Hey Rhys
No it is up to me not to Paypal. I just closed the case by phone by offering you the full amount when you send me my card back. No changing my mind I want my card back and you will be refunded fully from Paypal your $335.15 when I receice it.
Thank you
Kirk

another message from the seller....

iggy9philly:
On Feb. 2nd. I saw, recorded and I put on a disk your youtube garbage. I am sending this e-mail on this particular e-mail so that you can read and understand how you received my package which you even stated on your youtube that it was sealed with scotch tape. This is the way I could tell that it wasn't the post office that tampered with it. It was you who tampered with it. Now in your youtube, you have four discrepancies. Study your tape!! (Do you really believe that Paypal and EBAY are that naive?) First of all, I do not want to waste any more time e-mailing you. I phoned Paypal on Feb. 3rd and I instructed them what to look for on your so called opening of my package. rethink how you really received my package because I have over 7000 witness' who can verify my method of packaging inside and outside. When you held the card in front of the camera which supposedly had been 'JUST' opened You proved in front of the camera my proof against you. Think over how you received my package and how the toploader was wrapped inside compared to what you showed on camera pretending that you just opened it. Remember when I said "thank God" that there are only a few of them? I was hoping that you wern't one of them. Now stop this nonsense, because I have an envelop addressed and ready for another party who would be very interested in this and in seeing our youtube taping along with statements from my former customers who have received their packages from me. Also thank you for showing my card so clearly on camera that it is still in perfect condition. Now this is your choice. Return my card to me and get your money back fully because no way in the world will Paypal give you $160.00 from me due to my instructions to them, or stop this nonsense, close the transaction end this in good faith. I have been in business with my store for over 20 years you are not the first nor will you be the last who tried to cut the price down this way.
Kirk

my reply....

Hey Kirk.
You can try and justify and defend how u packaged it, but for a thick 1/1 logoman card, there was no care involved. The video is legit. It was filmed right when I received the package and how I received the package. With 20 years in the game and only a few mistakes, you've done well. But unfortunately, one of the mess ups was this! Hopefully because of this you have learned how to post high value cards, to save anyone else and yourself to go through this again. The last thing I'm gonna do is be dishonest and rip you off! As I'm a full fledged Christian and believe in doing the right thing at all times. You can keep calling me a liar & keep up the childish games, but I'm sorry to say, this situation did happen & everything has been true. I'll be keeping the card, as I got it for my PC & since its the only one, it's staying with me! God bless. Rhys

and the next updates at this link...
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/forum/432751-post92.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah! A good card but wasn't happy with the way it was sent being a multiple couple hundred dollar card!!!!

There's more of the discussion also on HK's: HobbyKings.com :: View topic - MINI LOGOMAN Mailday, but what do I do......

Here's some scans...
The crappy toploader it got sent in!! (if you can call it a toploader!)
melotoploader.jpg

The damage on the corners (mainly left corner) and top
melodamage.jpg

And now the card
melo.jpg

But it's PC and staying with me! So its still an awesome card! But hey, what do you do?

Here's the auction link: 08/09 TOPPS TREASURY MINI LOGO GOLD C. ANTHONY # 1/1 - eBay (item 110330271660 end time Jan-01-09 13:41:48 PST)

And the seller ID: ckirk6o2q

Thanx and God bless all!!!

Rhys

you have to leave a neg at the least. Those things are good for nothing.......any collector knows that. Then to have him talk smack when you try and contact him is a joke......gotta be accountable for that. If you really plan on keeping the card, doubt you would get anything from paypal. They usually make you ship it back to the seller to get a refund. Judging off the sellers response they won't be stepping up either. Sweet card all the same mate

Awesome card bro, sorry about the condition of it and the way it was sent. I say leave him a neg to let everyone know what sort of seller he is.

id like to see what his reaction would be if someone sent an expensive card to him in such a poor state. I bet he would be the type of person to jump up and down and be an abusive sook.

As you said in the video - deplorable. You're way too nice to these morons Rhys.

Ry

Hehe! yeah I have that problem! I'm too nice!

Excatly what Ry said. Id be claiming something back, surley you can get some compensation from paypal for Item not as described. Youve got video evidence.

Yeah I'm waiting for next reply and then I'm going to show him the video and the link to this thread!!!
Then I'll see what paypal say!

Thats bull**** Rhys, hope you get some compo for it.

Thanx mate

you have to leave a neg at the least. Those things are good for nothing.......any collector knows that. Then to have him talk smack when you try and contact him is a joke......gotta be accountable for that. If you really plan on keeping the card, doubt you would get anything from paypal. They usually make you ship it back to the seller to get a refund. Judging off the sellers response they won't be stepping up either. Sweet card all the same mate

Yeah, I dont have a clue why he sent a 1/1 Logoman in one of those toploaders!!! makes no sense!!

But yeah I'm not too sure if paypal are gonna be much help as I'm keeping the card! As there isnt another Melo out there is there! hehehe

Awesome card bro, sorry about the condition of it and the way it was sent. I say leave him a neg to let everyone know what sort of seller he is.

Thanx mate!

Hey guys! added some scans also!!!

Peace

I'd leave him a negative - nice expensive card shipped in a very low expensive way! 1-touch would of done it and would cost stuff all in the states, unbelievable!:eek:

Yeah thats exactly what I sent to him too!!! Just coz he doesn't have the card anymore doesn't mean he can do whatever he wants with it!!!

id like to see what his reaction would be if someone sent an expensive card to him in such a poor state. I bet he would be the type of person to jump up and down and be an abusive sook.

Haha! Yeah exactly! And I was nice in the way I let him know about it too! Just by saying in future he may wanna watch how he sends stuff and take more care so the same situation doesn't happen again! But after his reply, I'm thinking of going for a claim or so! hahaha

Isnt that one of those card savers you submit cards for grading in, if it is the grading companies suggest cardboard on either side , packed in a box with packing noodles. Would be no where near thick enough either.
Rob

Sweet addition still. :thumbsup:

That guy that sent you that card!! What a jerk Rhys!! Its a super sweet Meloman 1/1 Logoman that you paid hundreds of dollars for I'm sure!!! Why couldn't the seller just pay an extra $2.50 (at the very most!) for a one-touch magenentic holder for the card ?? The seller should not even be busting wax to obtain such a nice card, and then not to know that you put a card of a NBA Superstar that says 1/1 on the back of the card, in something called a one-touch Pro!!! Get a partial refund from paypal and keep that beauty!!!!! Congrats, but F that seller!!!

you gotta love the semi-rigid holders mate. no, i wouldn't make a huge deal about it but i would for sure file a complaint to paypal and and request a partial refund. you might not win but you should have a good shot at it.

there is NO excuse, no whatsoever for that card to be shipped like that. NONE. thats just plain lazy piss poor service and i would ask for a partial. good luck mate

That is one nice card sorry bout the shipping at least a real toploader woulda been good i hate those plastic things i would def leave him a negative under no means should a logoman be shipped like that.

That is a sweet card!!! But seriously what kind of fool would send a logoman in that.

Thanx mate! yeah who knows why anyone would send such a rare and expensive card in that!!!???

Isnt that one of those card savers you submit cards for grading in, if it is the grading companies suggest cardboard on either side , packed in a box with packing noodles. Would be no where near thick enough either.
Rob

Sweet addition still. :thumbsup:

haha! thanx mate!

it is a sweet addition!!!

Very sick card Rhys. Its a shame the way the seller shipped it. I'd be peaved myself. And the rude response, it makes you even more upset seeing those horrible responses.:worthy:

Yeah, exactly! If he responded differently, it would be different!

Thanx mate! But its still awesome in hand!!! Next up I have to get that Rudy off you!!! hahaha

Easy 1 word answer rys...NEGATIVE :thumbsup:

thanx mate!!! Yeah thats a very strong possibility!! I've never given one out either!!!!

cool card but the dude is a d!ck hole

thanx Josh!!!

That guy that sent you that card!! What a jerk Rhys!! Its a super sweet Meloman 1/1 Logoman that you paid hundreds of dollars for I'm sure!!! Why couldn't the seller just pay an extra $2.50 (at the very most!) for a one-touch magenentic holder for the card ?? The seller should not even be busting wax to obtain such a nice card, and then not to know that you put a card of a NBA Superstar that says 1/1 on the back of the card, in something called a one-touch Pro!!! Get a partial refund from paypal and keep that beauty!!!!! Congrats, but F that seller!!!

Yeah! who knows? Magnetic one-touches don't cost much!!! It would have also saved the dude all this drama!!!

sick card rhys and that packing of the card was just poor ,does deserve a neg...

jono

thanx Jono!!!

you gotta love the semi-rigid holders mate. no, i wouldn't make a huge deal about it but i would for sure file a complaint to paypal and and request a partial refund. you might not win but you should have a good shot at it.

there is NO excuse, no whatsoever for that card to be shipped like that. NONE. thats just plain lazy piss poor service and i would ask for a partial. good luck mate

cool! thanx mate!

That is one nice card sorry bout the shipping at least a real toploader woulda been good i hate those plastic things i would def leave him a negative under no means should a logoman be shipped like that.

Damn straight!! It's a logoman! It's numbered 1/1 and its not of just anybody! It's Carmelo Anthony!!! A superrstar in the NBA!!! Why send it with basically no protection? It blows my mind!!!

Back
Top Bottom