Miles Burris!!

ekalb

Raider Nation!!
Real Name
Shannan
eBay User
ekalbnz
Finally got my first Miles Burris in the mail today. As far as I am aware Burris only features in Absolute so far and this is the rarest version from the set - the Spectrum Platinum version #d/5 (this is #d 1/5 and I am currently working on trying to get the #d 2/5 at the moment).

BURRISMiles2012AbsoluteSpectrum_zpsda4e7229.jpg

This made my day :kick:

I am on the search out for the other 7 versions of this card, so if anyone pulls one (or another of this version!) let me know!!

Have the 1/5 and 2/5 in hand currently, and just had a very good friend in America get the 5/5 for me off ebay today after the seller would only ship to USA and had blocked all International bidders from bidding and asking questions on their auction. In fact it didn't show up if I serached "Miles Burris" because of this, but thankfully because I have it saved as a search I still get email alerts even if it wouldn't normally show in my searches.

Now just to find 3/5 and 4/5!! I have been seraching random forums looking, watching Absolute breaks on youtube and everything I can think of! But you never know, maybe the last two are still in packets somewhere :blink:

When u get all 5 it will be awesome :thumbsup:

have you heard that intl postage prices have doubled in the states and a lot of sellers wont bother sending intl anymore (apparently)... Had a massive VBrown collector shove my face in it via ebay message because I sniped this from him last week and he has sand all up his vagina about it ;)

I think I got it for a good price considering what this went for

This is what he sent me, what an ass!

Jonathan,

You sure do like paying those high prices on Vincent Brown, why? Guess we'll make this into a bidding war and neither of us will get deals...Seems pretty silly to me...US Postal Service just raised there international prices to almost $7 so most sellers aren't gonna sell over sea's anymore...So that will really hurt you in getting his cards...Have a good day and see you in the next bidding war...LOL!!

Dave

What a dick! How did he even get your details? You can't see who the high bidder is in auctions no more can you? If someone sent that to me I would deliberately try and bid against him and jack up the prices on the items he wanted :whistle:

As for the postage prices it wouldn't surprise me. I know the postage prices have got up here in the past week quite considerably. Most sellers are more than willingly to ship overseas still from what I have seen and very rarely does it ever go over $5. But even if it went up to $7 I don't mind paying the extra as long as it is actual charges and not just exaggerated prices. I have had a lot of sellers that have listed in their auctions they won't ship overseas and after contacting them they have 90% of the time been more than willingly to ship over here for the bit extra in cost. Some try and charge $30 so I don't even bother but most are generally really good. If I am buying cheaper cards I tend to buy a bunch of other tradebait too just to make the shipping worthwhile.

But yep looks like you got a very good deal. I know I would rather a Vincent Brown than Hankerson! I think he should come back next year strong. Brown and Alexander should make a very good WR tandem.

He sent me a message a few weeks ago (must have linked ended auctions with feedback etc) with a link to his photbucket (here) Its impressive.... 28x 1/1's all these cards Ive never seen pretty much (a lot I got pipped at the post on too :() Guess he thought it would intimidate me or something or scare me away... Anyways I give him a link to my pc thread as I'm sure he was unimpressed but big deal, I'll play... I think It actually blew up on him because it made me realize that Im never gonna get every card (knew it but this reinforced it) so I should just concentrate on the "fuckin awesome ones" and even pay a few bucks more as required.this made me get the pc passion back. Since then with Matt's help "Shawn Bradley Fan" I snipe a Nat Treasure R/C off him /49 (been outbidded like 4 times from this clown), ALso got him on a cpl of /25 cards I dont have and that BGS badboy - gonna get him on a cpl more as well) :kick: He is one of those collectors who needs as many of a nice pc card as he can get (look at his photbucket).... multiples of heaps... I'd kill for one of some of them.... Thats why I LOVED fucking him on the BGS10... had the sniper set at $120.... I just knew this would piss him off and it did (You can have 100 Exquisite RC's motherfucker - BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE THIS!!! It pissed him off enough for him to send a "FU" msg... awesome :thumbsup:

Here's my response to the Ebay msg (I think I was fair).

Dave

Not sure if Ive taken the tone of your message correctly but it seems of a bit of "in your face" so I will respond accordingly and if I have taken it wrongly I apologise

High price? I'd say I got the bgs10 /9 for a decent price considering the Hankerson BGS10 /10 went for $157. I also only paid a dollar more than what you were prepared to (not inc post)
The price rise is a bummer for sure, however I have a few options. I have someone in the states who bids for me when stubborn sellers wont budge on sending to Australia and he charges me shipping plus a few $ per card for himself which is no big deal especially when I get a few at a time. There is also Borderlinx which I am looking into as there service becomes quite cost effective now as it works out to about $5 a card if you get say six or more a month ($30/package) and that includes insurance etc. I am happy to pay extra on a card if it's a "bidding war" and it's for the pc. I also don't need multiples of a card so once I get "said card" I move on. I'd hate to think how much more you have paid when you out bid me on "said card" you already have as If I already had one I would not be bidding and it usually comes down to us so this bidding war has prob cost you more than it has me

I also think the postage rise will allow me to bid higher for higher end cards as I'm not doing the impulse buys on $3 cards as they now go from $6 landed to $10. I now have more ammo for higher end PC cards. Dont feel bad about that BGS 10, I had you well covered and I even paid for Priority post (most USA sellers are happy to send once they see my feedback and I am happy to pay priority on higher end cards if thats what the seller requires)

What seems "pretty silly" to you? the fact you aren't getting a free run at the cards? An extra $3 for post just gets built into what we're prepared to pay = less money for the sellers. Your sellers are paying for the fact your economical basket case of a country cant fund their pensions

Brown and Alexander should make a very good WR tandem.

Down Forget Malcolm Floyd mate (DA, Floyd, VB/Royal in the slot.... Meachem serving the drinks :D) Gonna be a decent passing attack... just give Philip a fucking OLine and maybe Matthews doesnt get killed every second game and we get more than 2ypc)

Hahaha I love it!!

It's crazy what some of the cards of the guys I collect can go for. With Miles Burris for instance for a Raiders fourth round rookie LB some of his cards have sold for a more than I expected but generally I was still willingly to pay the money. The 1/5 I won for $24.60 (didn't expect it to get that far but still!). The 2/5 had a BIN of $99.99 and I sent an offer of $40 (more than reasonable I thought!) while the 1/5 auction was going and he declined me. After the auction finished I sent him a second offer - this time $25 with a message to the other auction showing what it sold for and the seller accepted this time :thumbsdown:. Then the 5/5 that just popped up today had a BIN of $25 so I managed to get my American buddy to swipe that up for me pretty quick. I got into a bidding war for his RC /399 that I would only go up to $8 and ended up losing out when it sold for $9.28. That night I serached "Burris Absolute" and included the search to include descriptions as well and low and behold I got the RC with 4 others for a BIN of $10 delivered!

And with Rhett Ellison (another guy that I didn't think would get much attention!) I have got into a bidding war with another seller. I won a Crown Royale Blue Auto #d 5/ for around $15 and then the non-auto Blue version came up #d/5 and I had a high bid of $20 thinking I would be safe and lost out when it sold for $20.51. I didn't quite understand that one...

If you collect the /5 set the money wont matter mate, it will be worth it... This is what has fucked me off with this guy... I'm not trying to stockpile as many nice VB cards as I can for investment (why???) or greed or whatever... I just want to enjoy my pc with as many diffent cards as I see fit... See me, Im the type of person who if the shoe was on the other foot I'd share the pc love and let the smaller but still passionate collector grab a cpl I already have without competing for them..

Some people man.....

Im not suprised low Raider draft picks go so high... I mean... Raider fans gotta launder the money somehow ;)

VB has so many cards out there too. Share the VB love around a little! What I hate the most is when player collectors talk about their "supercollections" and expect you to practically just give them the player card for free because they are such a big collector!

VB has so many cards out there too. Share the VB love around a little! What I hate the most is when player collectors talk about their "supercollections" and expect you to practically just give them the player card for free because they are such a big collector!

Couldnt agree more... Back in the day you had to give double $BV for that shit in a trade unless it was pc for pc...

I guess with higher postage from the states, its gonna be harder for ppl justifying asking to buy for a dollar bc it sold on ebay for 99c... now that shit is $8 landed :eek: ($5 dlvd doesn't sound that bad now does it???)

f***ing tell me about it... logged on to becket once, cant remember the amount but jeez... they didn't tell ya that in the brochure

Currently 512! But in comparison to someone like Andrew Luck who has over 1100 already in only his first year, it ain't too bad!

I dont even have 200 yet
Anything over 100 is a damn good effort really! And I bet you could pick up a lot of cheaper ones easy enough. Have you have checked out checkoutmycards.com? Great ssite to pickup cheaper base type RC's and lower inserts etc.

Anything over 100 is a damn good effort really! And I bet you could pick up a lot of cheaper ones easy enough. Have you have checked out checkoutmycards.com? Great ssite to pickup cheaper base type RC's and lower inserts etc.

Yeah, Ive had a look a while ago (I just signed up to blowout... I'm catching on slowly), there was a nice /10 letterman but it was crazy expensive... I only have maybe 15-20 non auto/jersey cards (Ill get around to it) so considering most are auto/jersey I'm pretty happy with the effort

I have just signed up to Blowout also. Been watching and reading their threads for a long time though, but decided I would join recently and just had my account activated a couple days ago (took 10 days for it to be activated!)

What a d***! How did he even get your details?

You can still find out who won an auction, it's especially easy if you bidded on it also...do a bidder search and put in YOUR user id...you'll see all the auctions you've bid on and if they completed, you'll see the winner's user id - and it's not hidden at all...

Back
Top Bottom