LOST IN MAIL

Lions2003

Banned User
Real Name
Jacob
Bought something ..paid ... 2 weeks later ... seller says they think it's lost in mail and still haven't received.. what do i do as the buyer (paid via paypal by the way)?

You can file a Paypal claim - do this via paypal, explaining the item never arrived. You'll need to provide a short description of when the item was purchased, contact made with seller etc.
The seller will need to provide proof that he/she sent the item, so Registered Post/tracking.. If they can't do this, you will receive a full refund through Paypal.

The onus is really on the seller to make sure it arrives safely! It is not really your concern if he is out of pocket, there is insurance for that, his choice!

i bought a card 9 days ago and he reckons its posted...yet my end doesnt say posted....

half the time they just say that because they havent really posted it paypal should cover you !!!

I have bought around 200 singles on ebay and never with insurance/reg...from OS, I have had ONE go missing, a $6 card. I let it go and didn't follow it up because obv in my case the seller sends it AT LEAST over 99% of the time and I don't want to open a claim in case the seller stopped sending to AUS.... I have over 350 feedback at 100% and have never left bad feedback (a point I make to perspective sellers to illustrate im not a scammer).... These two things have got me a lot of cards from sellers who dont usually send here.... However, if a card was high in value and went missing I would make a claim, as the onus is on the seller and if a card is over say $30 I would pay insurance if the seller stated that as per terms of sale

@AI; Site or state/country? Site: gamerzplanet / State: not sure - was Australia though. If I sent via paypal gift there's no way of me winning is there?

I've been on the bad end of a deal buying cards on ebay before but man as a seller i'm also sick of buyers. 2 auctions i had going today for microphones ended, one guy pays for it including regular postage then asks if he can have it sent express and it should be covered by what he paid for regular posting....another guy contacts me wanting to pay direct deposit when it was clearly stated in the listing i would only accept paypal.

@AI; Site or state/country? Site: gamerzplanet / State: not sure - was Australia though. If I sent via paypal gift there's no way of me winning is there?

Mate if you paid by gift, wave goodbye to your $ you have no chance if card doesn't arrive. You have given a gift, not paid for an item so paypal don't give 2 sh*ts obout it.

Back
Top Bottom