LiveBoxBreaks thread

just out of curiosity, who do you guys normally go with for your live breaks? Recently I've been trying a few new guys to see how they go, nothings sticking yet. You guys generally stay with the same people or just go with whatever you can get?

liveboxbreaks.net is about the most consistent, breaks 4 -5 times a week and is pretty well organised

Also he ships internationally for only $3 too which is a good deal.

I had the itch to get into a couple breaks last night and with no case breaks happening and not many breaks with the Raiders available I opted forbox breaks in:
Spectra - Bears (they have a few HOF autos which would be nice!)
Crown Royale - Raiders and Ravens (hopefully some nice tradebait for Neil!)
Contenders - Giants (too cheap to pass up)
Select - Raiders

just out of curiosity, who do you guys normally go with for your live breaks? Recently I've been trying a few new guys to see how they go, nothings sticking yet. You guys generally stay with the same people or just go with whatever you can get?

Yeah, liveboxbreaks is getting my money at the moment. Reasonable pricing, $3 OS shipping per order, his breaks nearly always happen the same day, if not the next and he ships out every Monday like clockwork. Nothing worse than some of the past sites where the breaks took forever to fill - like months - and then stuff wasn't shipped until you hounded them!! Not surprising that some of those sites are no longer around...
Been considering giving Laytons a go, they seem to have a lot of breaks on the go, inc cases. Friendly's is another option I'm looking at too....

Friendly are great to deal with also, the only thing I don't like is that normally the teams are random and not pick your own.

Trevor, who is Laytons?

http://laytonsportscards.com/

I asked them on Twitter if they ship OS and they do - not sure of any costs as yet though... Seem friendly. Lots of case breaks, but don't know how they're pricing compares as the Rams have already gone ! Suspect they might take a while to fill the breaks too, I'm kind of watching that now...

And another decent mailday today -

lbrams (Large).jpg

I had a little bit of luck in the Spectra, Crown Royale, Contenders and Select box breaks. Picked up a John Bostic auto /299 in Spectra (was hoping for a HOF auto) and a Michael Cox auto from Contenders (was hoping for a Nassib). The Spectra box was a beauty: had a Te'o Green Laundry Tag auto /5 and a Terance Williams Green NFL Logo auto /5. Also there was a nice Zac Stacy auto /100 in the Crown you missed out on Trevor.

I had a little bit of luck in the Spectra, Crown Royale, Contenders and Select box breaks. Picked up a John Bostic auto /299 in Spectra (was hoping for a HOF auto) and a Michael Cox auto from Contenders (was hoping for a Nassib). The Spectra box was a beauty: had a Te'o Green Laundry Tag auto /5 and a Terance Williams Green NFL Logo auto /5. Also there was a nice Zac Stacy auto /100 in the Crown you missed out on Trevor.

And no breaks on there for a whole week....my bank account says "yay!", but the bug is saying "What else can you buy....???"

uh oh...

Stunk up the breaks today, had two in National Treasure and a Spectra and Museum. Don't think I pulled a single Ram - base or otherwise ! Guess I donated to the Hawk retirement fund ! Must have used all my mojo in non sport last weekend.

Not overly impressed with NT, saw a nice Ball NFL Shield Auto card pulled, but way too many rookies and the cards aren't really anything to justify the cost in my eyes...

Stunk up the breaks today, had two in National Treasure and a Spectra and Museum. Don't think I pulled a single Ram - base or otherwise ! Guess I donated to the Hawk retirement fund ! Must have used all my mojo in non sport last weekend.

Not overly impressed with NT, saw a nice Ball NFL Shield Auto card pulled, but way too many rookies and the cards aren't really anything to justify the cost in my eyes...
I was drooling over the preview on the Panini Blog, but the box breaks show it up to be a massive hit and (mostly) miss release. For the $$$ per card, it's just not a viable option, box buy or box break, for mine.
A case break might give you a fighting chance of a monster hit, but it also could turn out to be a whopping big donation.

Haven't bought breaks for a while until late this week. Stunk up the first three single boxes, not a single Ram, and thought I was going to get hosed on the Five Star case until this came out - and the same box had a Montana Auto booklet. I'd have been happy with that one too !

mf1.jpg

Release day for Inception today, bought a bunch of Rams from boxes and took a stab at the case break too. Pulled a Michael Sam on card auto from the boxes and a Tre Mason from the case...but not much other Rams love not even a base, so think they might be a bit scarce in the release. Cards look real nice again, can't help thinking how great a release it'd be if there were Vet hits in it...

Didn't get a single Raider in my case today, then next case had gold ink Derek Carr.

Can be a cruel world this card biz!

I know it's the wrong sport, but 2 case breaks via liveboxbreaks at the NSCC and not one Bulls card.

Didn't get a single Raider in my case today, then next case had gold ink Derek Carr.

Can be a cruel world this card biz!

Bummer ! Being a sucker for punishment, I just bought the Rams in the second case...I do like it when my team is towards the lower end of pricing though - unlike last year!

Yeah I'm the opposite this year, was easy to grab pick a teams from LBB last year but with Carr selling so well I can barely get into a break.

Think that's it for me for now... Today I had the Rams in a Case of Inception, box of black 2012, black 2013, Elite and Triple Threads...came away with one insert out of Elite I think....not even an Inception or Black base ! Yikes!

Oooh that hurts Trev, have been trying to limit myself due to the lack of Ravens and Chargers stuff but have had a go in a couple for tomorrow seeing as its the free break day

Back
Top Bottom