Latest Maildays (Updated 08.05.13)

Definitely an interesting watch, a good insight to the Raiders for that period of time

Very interesting watch. I know when AD was around it was always he wasn't too worried about off-field issues etc as long as you played hard and didn't disrespect the shield. And if he liked you, you stayed on the team no matter how much it cost him in Contract money or how crap a player they actually were. One player that comes to mind like that was a LB called Sam Williams. He was a very average player at best who barely contributed, and every year I would always think this has got to be his last, but every year he was re-signed. he was kept from when he was drafted in 2003 all the way until 2011 season and his whole career he managed 130 odd tackles, 1 sack and 1 forced fumble. That is a decent statline for a season, but that was his contribution for 9 years!!

Another good one is Kurt Warner. It is on youtube if you want to watch it. He was always a favourite player underdog of mine going from stacking shelves in a supermarket to being a SuperBowl winning QB.

Very funny :D gonna have to start watching them

The Kurt Warner one is one of my faves.... Love his story as well and he just seems like a champion bloke as well

Yep Warner is a great story. Seems to be an extremely down to earth guy. Might have to try and hunt an Auto out for him.

That is so true. I guess he never really preached his faith so much as Tebow has. Plus, Tebow was a College Superstar where Warner wasn't so much.

That is so true. I guess he never really preached his faith so much as Tebow has. Plus, Tebow was a College Superstar where Warner wasn't so much.

Yeah I guess the collage thing probably has more to do with it. I've read Warners book. Really good read, the guy is a champion on and off the field

Will have a look into having a read of his book.

Think I may have to make a list of past and present guys I would like to try and get an auto of. Something else to chase after when I should be pulling back on all everything I am chasing after :oops:

Yep Warner is a great story. Seems to be an extremely down to earth guy. Might have to try and hunt an Auto out for him.

I'm still chasing one... I want a REALLY NICE auto of Warner.... Unfortunately they don't come cheap.... Just got a few sweet PC cards this week including a Nat Treasure auto patch that wasn't cheap so the funds aren't stretching too far

Agree that Tebowmania is just as much a result of the college record as the christianity but unfortunately the circus that comes with Tebow puts teams off more than anything... In a perfect world I actually wouldn't mind the Chargers looking at him as we have McCoy now and used right (which McCoy def did in Denver) he would be really effective but with the media circus and everything else that comes with him I hope they don't go near him

You guys think it's bad getting Warner's auto's now...You should have tried getting them back in the days of "The Greatest Show on Turf" like I did ! :confused:

You guys think it's bad getting Warner's auto's now...You should have tried getting them back in the days of "The Greatest Show on Turf" like I did ! :confused:

The Greatest show on turf Rams era is up there as my favourite era from any NFL time in history... Faulk, Warner, Bruce, Holt and Prohel.... As a neutral it was awesome to watch... can't believe they only came away with one Lombardi

The Greatest show on turf Rams era is up there as my favourite era from any NFL time in history... Faulk, Warner, Bruce, Holt and Prohel.... As a neutral it was awesome to watch... can't believe they only came away with one Lombardi

Yeah, we should have won against the Pats two years later...That one was pretty much taken away from us...

Latest lot of "Maildays"...

First lot from a great member on these boards, Neil (Rusty Nail)
photo2_zpsf653db23.jpg

All going to the PC for my Gridiron set:
Brian Quick Triple /199
Chris Givens Triple /199
Chris Givens Twin /49
James Laurinaitis /100
Plus some other key base for the set

Second lot from another great member here, Jonathon M
photo6_zps7d200431.jpg

All going to the Raiders PC:
Howie Long Crown Majestic jersey /201
Nnamdi Asomugha Topps Rising Rookie jersey (I miss him in the Silver and Black :( )
Taiwan Jones Absolute jersey
Darius Heyward-Bey Absolute jersey
Daryle Lamonica Crown jersey /299
Plus some nice other Raider base for the PC

Next lot from a few other purchases/trades on different sites and Redemption
photo3_zpsc08adc63.jpg

Rhett Ellison Sage Next Auto /40 (die cut) PC
Rhett Ellison Sage Next Auto /30 (non-die cut) PC
Rueben Randle 2012 Gridiron Rookie Gems Triple Patch Auto 2/5 (another low numbered Gridiron for the set) PC :kick:
Rhett Ellison Gridiron Blue Auto 5/5 PC :kick:
Da'Quan Bowers 2011 Playbook Rookie Signatures Silver /299 Redemption for tradebait

And last lot from more purchases/trades....
photo4_zps05297cb0.jpg

Will Smith 2012 Crown jersey /99 (tradebait)
Juron Criner 2012 Crown Auto /245 (nice PC Auto)
Rhett Ellison 2012 Panini Black 'Black' /10 (another nice low numbered PC pickup :kick:)
Rhett Ellison 2012 Crown RC /399 (PC)
Juron Criner 2012 Crown Silver Crown /149 (PC)
Von Miller 2012 Crown Silver non-die cut (SSP /5 :kick: for tradebait)
Stephen Hill 2012 Crown Rookie Royalty jersey /149 (tradebait)

eklab Ive got a Riley Reiff rc au from gridion kings if ya need it for ur set

Von Miller 2012 Crown Silver non-die cut (SSP /5 :kick: for tradebait) this im keen for

Back
Top Bottom