Knicks IP @ hotel 11/21/07 & Sixers IP @ game 11/23/07 (LONG READ)

sigman101

OzCardTrader
Real Name
N
Was busy with the holiday stuff over this holiday weekend. Since I had alot going on over this holiday weekend besides these 2 days of graphing I was able to do, I decided to combine these recent results into one big post involving what I was able to get in person over this recent holiday weekend. Before I start off sharing my results here, I want to first off wish and hope that everyone of you that read this post today has had a nice and enjoyable holiday weekend!!! Okay now on to my stories for this post:

Back on Wednesday since school was closed for the holiday break, I decided to head up to the hotel to try for the New York Knicks from the morning up to when they board the bus for the game. It was a big mess since it rained at this hotel here all day long and it was a challenge trying to get items signed and dodge the raindrops. This was a day of quality over quantity that is one thing for sure. Besides waiting and singing in the rain for the New York Knicks most of the day, one collector spotted another big name that was in town trying on suits at a higher scale clothing shop that is in the area surrounding this hotel. It was a player on the Detroit Lions. I will explain more shortly. Here are the results:

Knicks @ Hotel 11/21/07

Wilson Chandler 4 cards (3 came out horribly. I will try to erase the autos off of them and try to get them done again when they come back to town later in the season.)
Eddy Curry 1 card (Auto did not come out good ugh...)
Jared Jeffries 3 cards
David Lee 3 cards (1 card smeared from the rain.)
Stephon Marbury 1 Beckett cover!!! (Yeah I did meet Marbury again!!! StarburyMatrix3 phone me and AIM me I got a story to tell from meeting Marbury again!!!)
Quentin Richardson 1 8x10 photo, 3 cards (8x10 did not come out so great along with one card. IDK if I will try to get them done again who knows???)
Nate Robinson 1 Slam Streetball Cover ("I am only one per now holmes.")
Malik Rose 3 cards (I should of just handed this guy a water bottle to sign my cards with honestly. These 3 cards just did not turn out so great and it looked like they were done in water oh well.)
Mark Aguirre 2 cards (1st card was horrible but 2nd card turned out decent.)
Herb Williams 7/8 cards (Traded one card to a collector that was a big help to me on this rainy day at the hotel here.)
Dave Hanners 1 card (Traded with another guy that had a UNC card of him up here. He was most talkative on this day in my opinion since that he brought up the fact that he signs all of his mail he gets and that we were not the only collectors here in the country that had a card of him. He's claimed he has seen his cards elsewhere. What a nice guy he was.)

Mojo pickup of the day....

Isiah Thomas 1 Mitchell & Ness Pistons 88-89 Throwback jersey, and 1 card!!!!!! (I was very happy to finally run into this guy!!! I remember when I was little watching with my family the Pistons in the Bad Boy days. He also had an amazing story on Fox Sports Net awhile back called "Beyond the Glory" that was very touching and memorable. I will always have appreciation for Isiah Thomas for what he did on the court and his life story off the court. Despite what he has been through recently with the disgruntled Knicks employee, he was still smiling and talking to fans about his career and life story. Heads up to anyone else that might run into the Knicks and Isiah Thomas this season that he has a bodyguard with him wherever he walks now. I don't blame him for having a bodyguard since those recent charges were brought against him but it was nice to finally see one of my favorite all time Pistons players!!!)

Bonus of the day.....

Since nothing much really happened early in this rainy day with the Knicks, a collector spotted that a Lions player was in the area trying on suits at a higher scale suit store in the surrounding area the hotel is based at. I thought it was crazy at first that this collector bought a Lions Pennant to chase after him. But after the collector confirmed it was him, I decided to give in along with a few other collectors purchase a Lions Pennant and go with the group to wait outside the suit store for him to come out. Well we got there just about when he made his purchase and he did stop to sign and pose for pictures with all of us:

Jon Kitna 1 Detroit Lions Pennant!!! (I never thought I would run into this guy at all ever lol. He did a recent Circuit City store appearance about 1-2 weeks ago and hearing he did multiples at that appearance I would think he may become hard to get. Well I did get him but this item will be going to a friend I know that is a Lions fan for a Christmas gift.)

That is all I have to share from a 6 hour day of waiting and singing in the rain for autographs lol. Thanks for viewing this story!!!

Sixers IP @ game 11/23/07

Did the Sixers back on Friday. I was suppose to do them for the whole day but they ended up switching hotels and stayed at the hotel where we cannot get any autographs at. Despite only being able to do them at the game, I still did well. Here are the results:

Sixers @ game 11/23/07

Louis Amundson 1 printout roster sheet
Calvin Booth 1 printout roster sheet
Rodney Carney 3 cards
Samuel Dalembert 1 card (His sig is ugly.)
Reggie Evans 1 card
Willie Green 1 card
Andre Iguodala 1 card!!! (Was shocked to get him since I heard he picks his people usually. He did at least 10 at this game.)
Kevin Ollie 4 cards (His sig differs. One came out very small on a card he did for me here. His sig is strange.)
Shavlik Randolph 8 cards (This guy is a signing machine.)
Jason Smith 3 cards (He was very nice and pleasant at this game. From what I heard he was tough so far this season. Not this time around.)
Louis Williams 5 cards
Thaddeus Young 3 cards (Only 1 topps card partilally smeared out of the 3 I got done at this game. Was happy about that.)
Maurice Cheeks 2 cards ("I am not doing all of those cards kid.")
Aaron McKie 1 card
Todd MacCulloch 7 cards

That is all I have to share with what I got result wise at this game. I remember when the Sixers were known for being a tough signing team. I guess since Iverson left they gotten alot easier at signing from what I heard. I was glad to get around to doing this team for a change.

Alright that is all I have to share here result wise from these 2 days of graphing I did. Thanks alot for looking!!!

Next up for me: I have no clue at this time....

I would be interested in any Yankees IP autos if you have any especially Derek Jeter.

LMK

HA HA I didn't do the Yankees it was the NY Knicks I did. I have heard stories from other collectors I have talked to that done the Yankees in the past and its usually a waste of time to chase after them. IDK if I will ever try to do them.

Back
Top Bottom