Is Shaun Tait a chucker?

axeman23

OzCardTrader
Watching the 20/20 match the other night, I was very suspicious of a few of Tait's deliveries, mainly his "fire-bolt" balls. But I was willing to put it down to me having a few drinks and possibly wanting to find (another) Aussie chucker. So I let it slip. But now it seems others share my views, including some of the Kiwi side. Lets forget about Murali and Malinga for a sec, what do you think of Tait's action?

He definitely dosnt bowl with a straight arm, the hard thing for the umpire is that its harder to pickup a chuck because of how fast they come in and the fact that they are watching the front foot for over-stepping.

Yeah, Ace. Its definately harder for umpires policing fast bowlers actions because of the speed they bowl at and also having to watch their feet for no-balls, etc... I just brought it up because of the recent criticism of Murali, and as an example that there are Aussies who have a "suspect" action, which seems to get denied alot. Not saying here, but in the wider Australian community. And the reply you are given more often than not seems to be: if you don't like the Aussies, maybe you should move to Sri Lanka.

Yeah, I'd say his action would probably fall under the 15degree rule, but as far as I know so does Murali's, and this doesn't stop his knockers. This why I asked if people thought he was "chucking", not whether it was legal under the new rules.

Didnt the new law (15° movement) basically make everyones action legal?

It certainly made MURALI legal (Except his doosra IMHO) but in answer to your question Mattj - NO

I think it is 15° for spinners & 10° for fast bowlers.....that said I don't think there was 10° in Tait's movement. There was a slight straightening of the arm but it would have been about 5° IMHO.

So NO - I don't think Tait is a chucker and
YES - I STILL think Murali is a chucker (lol) :D

Get over the fact people are criticising Murali and move on instead of trying to find an aussie 'chucker' in retaliation :lol: The ICC bent the rules so Murali could still bend his arm and not be called. So, people are now taking advantage?

we should organise an ozcardtrader cricket game, winning team gets a box to break up between them hehe. i havent played for a few years but id be in :p.

Back
Top Bottom