Interest in Something New ???

What do you think of this idea ... would you participate??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
good idea but would have to work out for the premium teams.

would have to auction em off. have a thread with starting prices and update it when pm offers come in maybe.

thats the only prob atm with the idea i think

OK ... have another look at my original post.

I've taken on board everyone's suggestions and modified the proposal.

Have done the "tiers" - they are open to debate, of course.

I've also changed the choice of boxes to get a better "Upper Deck" and "Topps" mix to improve exposure to all players.

More comments?

The rule behind the players you get is this: the player belongs to the team that
they played their last NBA regular game for, to date (ie. MJ would be Washington); or in the case of an 07-08 Rookie, the team
that owns the rights to the player on the day everything is finalised. These of course, are just proposals.

I still say that should be changed to what ever team logo appears on the card..specially since youve put Chicago in tier 1 with MJ as the standout ;)

Yes.. as i said, post 2004, all Jordan cards are produced with Bull uniform...

But i think this tier standout thing is not working... i mean, kobe doesnt sign alot and still in top tier.... of course, we can expect byron scott, james worthy and kareem... though... so, i think u should put the possible top pull players instead of current hot players..... so, we will know who we can get as top cards to pull..

And i don't like luxury box.. let's say what if we pull quad or 6GU from different team, it will be an issue... and luxury box has many mesh teams...:p

hope this idea works out...

and hopefully, i can take orlando magic :)

I agree with linn, we need a rule to comply with meshed GU's as well as autos. Otherwise i think its a great idea and wouldnt mind giving it a go if it does go ahead :)

I'd be interested in a bulls or portland lot depending on how everything goes

I was actually trying to avoid boxes with players of different teams; obviously I failed :) I think the MJ situation is easy: everyone knows MJ is a Bull at heart ... he goes with the Bulls.

Also agree with this:
mattyj said:
make it simple and say whatever team logo appears on the card...that would stop arguments

I don't have a solution if, for example, we pulled a dual auto with players of different teams .... suggestions?

Linn ... can you elaborate on the video conferencing idea ... what hardware/software would you require ... otherwise, if I got hold of a webcam, would that work??

Anyone know customs laws very well ... are we likely to get stopped at customs and charged duty???

Dual autos could pose problems, i guess, if you get say, for example (extreme example) Jordan/LeBron dual auto, both parties are given the option to buy the other out (half ebay price) - if they cant agree then it gets soldon ebay and split the funds?

Getting a good response ... reckon we are doing relatively well with numbers for this to go ahead, considering the post has only been going for less than 24 hours.

Would like to know how everyone feels about the total number of boxes/cost, too? Also are there any boxes in that list that you are totally against?

i really dont like SP Authentic, and Stadium Club 07/08 should be out soon (and others) should we wait for those products to get a nice scattering of this great rookie crop?

Yeah, I did a quick search for 07/08 products, but struggled to find much available until October/November/December. This is something I would like to organise in the next three to four weeks and maybe do the break in early September if everyone is in agreeance.

Fair call, though, Matty.

With regards to SP Authentic
http://www.dacardworld.com/sports/item.das?sku=BV2110G75C&nPar=1 said:
Each box contains (2) Autograph Cards and (1) Game-Used Memorabilia Card. 90 regular cards plus Unsigned Rookies numbered to 299 and signed Rookies numbered from 399 to 1299.

Signature cards are as follows-- Chirography & Sign of the Times- with the following versions - Rookies #d to 100, Veterans #d to 75, All Stars #d to 50, Legends #d to 25, Dual #d to 25, Triple #d to 15 and Quad #d to 5.

Hopefully, everyone will respect that they are not going to love EVERY box in the buy, I'm just trying to get a package everyone feels is reasonable with plenty of variation.

oh and the customs thing, i THINK if its over $1000 we get slugged customs fees...i could be wrong though

Radolph won't be a standout for knicks cos all his cards will be Blazers ones for the most part if you get current boxes! And it so isn't worth investing in the Timberwolves for me.... KG is the only real major pull on offer.... overpriced in my opinion. But that's just my opinion.

Matt,

yes, all u need is webcam and u invite someone who will be a referee, maybe voted by ozcard.. :) or one of our mods? dunno...

u just need to setup a webcam to either msn or yahoo, they are platform independent, so i think it's all good...

dual GU and dual autos.. luxury box will give ultimate issues.. others, they are hard to pull.. or some are teammates, so it's okay.. but we all know how luxury boxes are... :)

and for custom, maybe u can avoid the tax if u can tell the seller to write less than 800???, i think it should be fine.... please ask Matty, Ducky, or Chad, they know quite well regarding custom matters..

if the boxes are topps oriented, i think Portland can be shifted one tier up, coz aldridge, b. roy and oden cards will be all RCs and XRC.. therefore, they have better chance of pulling great cards.. that's just my thought.. i mean, otherwise, everyone will want to pay let's say 25$ bucks for possibly rookies of alridge, roy and oden.... it's a big chance... maybe change with Detriot, coz Detriot players do not sell well, even if u pull top cards, especially ben wallace is no longer there....

money wise and players wise, portland cards will be RCs whereas Clippers rookies u don't wanna talk about... with biggest hobby star Brand is not even listed in beckett...

if it's Ultimate collection included, i will take Magic and Memphis. if no one else takes Magic and Memphis.... so, 2 teams i can take...

i am pretty sure almost all teams will be sold to members here... i am just not sure about clippers (being same price at Portland).. Indiana Pacers, same case with clippers.. no hobby love...and don't forget some Philly cards will be Iverson until early 06-07 products.. that produced until feb07 and mar07.. coz the production took about 2-3 months for one product.. so i think Iverson cards will be major issues..
So, regarding Matty's rules, we need to shift Philly from $15.. (sorry Ben hehe)... coz EX and Ultimate Iverson didn't sign... and most of the topps are Iverson Philly..

And I am very keen with trademark moves over big game, 4 autos per box.. or 5? i mean, not good for me since Dwight doesn't sign with topps, but good for emeka, melo, wade, shaq, ai3 collectors..

I like the idea of dual different team cards.. :thumbsup: sell it on ebay..and split..

hope this thing works out...

thanks for the idea..

whereiswally78 said:
Linn ... can you elaborate on the video conferencing idea ... what hardware/software would you require ... otherwise, if I got hold of a webcam, would that work??

Back
Top Bottom