Interest in Something New ???

What do you think of this idea ... would you participate??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for all the comments, Linn. I am actually going to buy a webcam for our French exchange student coming to stay with us tomorrow, so that's a great idea if everyone else is happy with that making the process honest and transparent. I think we might replace the Luxury Box with something else due to the problems of the multiple jerseys ... with that particular product, its all a bit hard.

I think with the high priced "hits" like Ai, we just need to agree in the rules which team they belong to and price the team accordingly. AI has been with Denver for quite a bit now, so I just think we state in the rules, the AI cards go to the person that purchases Denver. Everyone agree? What other players are going to cause issues?

The reason I had Portland and Seattle low is if we decide to go with the boxes I suggested, the only Durant/Oden cards will come from the Finest box. So in the whole scheme of things, we won't get many of those players. If we delay the break until more 07-08 products are available (I'd prefer not to wait ... we can always do another if this works out well), then we may need to rethink the tier allocations.

Anyone else have a problem with the tier a particular team falls under???

Matt,

that is just great. actually, asking French exchange student to loan you for a couple of nights should even save more money... :D

At the moment, the team allocation should be discussed.. i do not have problems with the price of the team, but i think some other people will..

Well, when i said about Portland thing, it's not only Oden, but also Aldridge and Brandon Roy rookies.. as well as ultimate collection and GOTG, there will be legend cards.. when you price the team with long history, like Rockets and Spurs, they also not only have current super stars, but also very popular legends, for example, if you pull DR.J's auto patch and it will belong to Sixers team who paid the least, and it maybe only the mojo in ultimate collection...I am pretty sure it's all about lucky, but team like Memphis, Toronto and New Orleans have only a few years history whereas New York, Houston, San Antonion, and most importantly Celtics and Lakers... (Celtics being lowest and Lakers being highest, but here we have more celtics fans)...

For example, GOTG auto, generally speak 2 per box..
no players with grizzlies, heat, magic, raptors, hornets (only charlotte which could now be anthoer issue if pull, where to belong? Hornets or Charlotte Bobcats).

And ultimate collection, Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson and JJ Redick didn't sign in 1240 different cards of the set including base and game used... Hakeem signed 4 sets in ultimate collection... Brandon Roy and L. Aldridge signed 6 sets.

(T-Mac, Yao Ming, Hakeem mainly)
(Drexler, Walton, J.Jack, J. Magloire added more auto patches)

and logoman...extreme case.

only sixers 2, wizards, GSW, Bulls 4, memphis 2, kings 2, raptors, nuggets 2, detriot 2, portland 2, clippers 2, hornets 3, spurs, jazz 2, bobcats, rockets 3, nets 3, indiana, lakers 2, celtics2 , cavs, knicks, suns...

23 teams will have logoman in extreme case, 7 teams are missing...
bucks, hawks, heat, magic, mavs, wolves and sonics..

and let's take a loook at sure signatures pull..i believe this is guarentee auto...

Raptors 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Andrea Bargnani USAB
Pistons 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Bill Laimbeer USBL
Raptors 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Chris Bosh USBO
Blazers 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Brandon Roy USBR
Nuggets 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Carmelo Anthony USCA
Hornets 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Chris Paul USCP
Jazz 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Deron Williams USDW
Rockets 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Hakeem Olajuwon USHO Grizzlies 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Hakim Warrick USHW
Sixers 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Julius Erving USJE
Nets 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Jason Kidd USJK
Pacers 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Jermaine O'Neal USJO
Nuggets 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures J.R. Smith USJS
Lakers 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Kobe Bryant EXCH USKB
Cavs 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures LeBron James USLJ
Kings 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Mike Bibby USMB
Lakers 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Magic Johnson USMG
Bulls 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Michael Jordan USMJ
Suns 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Steve Nash USNA
Grizzlies 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Rudy Gay USRG
Bulls 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Dennis Rodman USRO
Celtics 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Bill Russell USRU
Hawks 2006-07 Ultimate Collection Signatures Shelden Williams USSW

So, 2 raptors, 1 piston, 1 vblazer, 2 nuggets, 1 hornet, 1 jazz, 1 rocket, 2 grizzlies, 1 sixer, 1 net, 1 sun, 1 hawk, 1 celt, 1 bull, 2 lakers, 1 net, 1 king, 1 cavs..1 pacer...

only 19 out of 30 teams signed, and 19 offering, jordan, james, paul, nash, bill russell, magic, dr.j, melo, roy... so u gotta think about the other 11 teams who will not basically pull anything but a common from ultimate collection....

I think team price should have allocated on number of stars on the team and the popularity of each possible players to pull..

Lakers has James worthy, byron scott, kareeem, magic, kobe to name a few, including kobe's signing this season...

I would try my luck with Boston (Bill Russell, Larry Bird, McHale) or Dr.J and partly Iverson's Sixers if you are willing.... even Iggy or Pierce cards would do. besides, 4 of the very few logoman are iggy, larry bird, dr j and paul pierce.... that combination will still be less than Minny, Detriot or Magic cost, and still can expect an auto.. or a patch..

So, i hope u reconsider a bit..

i am hoping others will read and throw more input on this matter...

thanks for reading...

Thanks for all the comments, Linn. I am actually going to buy a webcam for our French exchange student coming to stay with us tomorrow, so that's a great idea if everyone else is happy with that making the process honest and transparent.
I think with the high priced "hits" like Ai, we just need to agree in the rules which team they belong to and price the team accordingly. AI has been with Denver for quite a bit now, so I just think we state in the rules, the AI cards go to the person that purchases Denver. Everyone agree? What other players are going to cause issues?

The reason I had Portland and Seattle low is if we decide to go with the boxes I suggested, the only Durant/Oden cards will come from the Finest box. So in the whole scheme of things, we won't get many of those players. If we delay the break until more 07-08 products are available (I'd prefer not to wait ... we can always do another if this works out well), then we may need to rethink the tier allocations.

Thanks for all the comments, Linn. I am actually going to buy a webcam for our French exchange student coming to stay with us tomorrow, so that's a great idea if everyone else is happy with that making the process honest and transparent. I think we might replace the Luxury Box with something else due to the problems of the multiple jerseys ... with that particular product, its all a bit hard.

I dont agree with that bit...Why should the person who purchases Denver get all the Iverson cards when a lot of them will still be in Philly uniform and have the Philly logo...specially 05/06 GOTG which was made before he was even traded...If the card has a Denver logo, then the Denver person gets them, if it has a Philly logo, then Philly person gets it, thats the best way to avoid fights...

I dont agree with that bit...Why should the person who purchases Denver get all the Iverson cards when a lot of them will still be in Philly uniform and have the Philly logo...specially 05/06 GOTG which was made before he was even traded...If the card has a Denver logo, then the Denver person gets them, if it has a Philly logo, then Philly person gets it, thats the best way to avoid fights...

Agreed. Not cause I'm going for philly, but if you start making rules for specific players then you have to do it for every player. Keep it simple, Team logo=for the person whom has that team. That way no ifs, buts and what ifs. Simple

Yes.. i second that. team logo goes to team person, easy to deal...

But fortunately for this ultimate (which will be about 35% of the total or more expensive box), Iverson has Denver GU/Patch on 07 ultimate.. also JR and Melo.. so, the pricing for Denver is alright with me..

Iverosn patch

and team allocation, coz Drexler is Blazers uniform there.. even he won championship with Rockets..

we shall work on that...

thanks for the input

I agree with Matty.

I think just about every card has a team logo/name on the front or back, so if AI says Philly he goes to Philly, if it says Denver he goes to Denver etc.

AI has been with Denver for less than 12 months so why should all of his cards go to Denver after all he served the more years with Philly.

Every needs to be set in concrete before any money is taken, otherwise it may turn to crap.

All sounds good to me, if that's how you all want it. I'm flexible ... just want this to go ahead and everyone be happy with the setup to get as many particpants as possible.

kobe4mvp said:
Every needs to be set in concrete before any money is taken, otherwise it may turn to crap.

Don't worry, Kobe. I won't be taking any crap for the time and effort this project will take. EVERYTHING will be in black and white before anything happens.

Note, I've replaced the Luxury Box with a second Trademarks Box (4 autos per box). I've moved T-Wolves down to Tier 3 in response to AJ's comments, which I thought were quite fair. Because Philly will feature AI, they've gone up to Tier 2.

As it stands now, can we get an idea of who would participate, and which team(s) people would take THIS DOES NOT INDICATE A COMMITMENT, IT IS A "MOCK DRAFT" TO SEE HOW WE ARE GOING. Don't worry if your team has been taken, so far - put down your preference anyway - people may drop out or depending on the system we adopt, you may still get your team.

We are still formulating the system/rules, and changes may still happen:

Tier 1 = $US50
Los Angeles Lakers (Standout: Kobe)
Cleveland Cavaliers (Standout: LeBron)
Chicago Bulls (Standout: MJ) Richo AND Jayzhou23
Miami Heat (Standout: Shaq or D-Wade)
Denver Nuggets (Standout: AI or Melo) BillyHoyle
Phoenix Suns (Standout: Nash & Stoudemire) whereiswally78

Tier 1 contribution to total: six teams x $US50 = $US300

Tier 2 = $US35
Detroit Pistons (Standouts: Chauncey & Rip) MattyJ
Dallas Mavericks (Standout: Dirk)
Houston Rockets (Standouts: Yao & T-Mac) A Iverson I, Hugo
San Antonio Spurs (Standouts: Duncan & Parker) whereiswally78
Orlando Magic (Standout: Dwight) Nandalinnaung
New Jersey Nets (Standouts: Kidd and Vince Carter) Jewellstah
Toronto Raptors (Standouts: Bosh & Bargnani)
Philadelphia 76ers (Standout: AI & Iggy)Nenjabin

Tier 2 contribution to total: eight teams x $US35 = $US280

Tier 3 = $US25
Portland Trail Blazers (Standout: Z. Randolph & Oden) thepie
Utah Jazz (Standout: Boozer & D-Will) A Iverson I
Seattle SuperSonics (Standout: Durant)
Los Angeles Clippers (Standout: Brand)
Charlotte Bobcats (Standouts: Morrison & Gerald Wallace) MattyJ
New Orleans Hornets (Standout: CP3)
Minnesota Timberwolves (Standout: KG) WolvesJr34

Tier 3 contribution to total: seven teams x $US25 = $US175

Tier 4 = $US15
Atlanta Hawks (Standout: Joe Johnson & Josh Smith) Ducky_poo
Boston Celtics (Standout: Paul Pierce) Jewellstah
Milwaukee Bucks (Standout: Bogut) Richo
Sacramento Kings (Standout: Artest)
Washington Wizards (Standout: Arenas) Jayzhou23
Golden State Warriors (Standout: Baron Davis & J-Rich) HBM
Indiana Pacers (Standout: J. O'Neal)
Memphis Grizzlies (Standout: Gasol & Conley Jnr.) Nandalinnaung
New York Knicks (Standouts: Marbury) WolvesJr34

Tier 4 contribution to total: nine teams x $US15 = $US135

I'd take PHOENIX, and SA Spurs

I will take Pistons :)
Charlotte Bobcats (Standouts: Morrison, J-Rich & Gerald Wallace) <-- all products are 06/07 J Rich hasnt played a game for Charlotte yet so he's hardly a standout for them ;)

New York Knicks (Standouts: Z. Randolph & Marbury)
Same there, Randolph will be with Portland in every product we are getting..

I'd be up for Portland if no one has already chosen it :) Hope it works out well

I also agree - That is the easiest way to solve it......what ever logo appears is what team owner the card goes to !

Back
Top Bottom