I hate auspost, never send normal post

ausjack

Who asked for a Clown!
Real Name
Jayson
:mad: I hate auspost, I was to get some things from a fellow member and due to missing a chunk of brain I forgot to ask for reg post and it looks like a postie got a nice little work bonus at my expense so I don't blame the member but please if your sending anything remember to ask if they want reg as I just totally forgot :( and this is the first time EVER that anythings gone missing and I've got stuff from the US and Hawaii with no problems but I do always get reg as express will just leave things on the door step in the rain and I found that one out the hard way too, but I hope it saves someone the distress of the loss :thumbsup:

Thanks Liam, it's all good mate. Just as long as it helps someone else from making the same mistake :thumbsup:

Believe it or not but I do make the odd mistake from time to time :lol: but I also try and learn from them ;)

Sorry to hear that something went missing, Jayson. Hopefully it's just caught up somewhere and will show up.

I routinely have things take 7 - 9 days to arrive from Queensland (after being advised of it being posted and not including weekends), which seems excessive to me, but that must just be the way AP works from that area.

As for having parcels left on the porch, you can always ask that things not be left, but that you are carded to your Post Office, if you are worried about things being 'safe dropped' (in the Parcel delivery persons opinion). Probably need to speak directly with the Parcel Delivery person, not your postie.
However, to be safe, as you said - requesting registered ensures that the parcel won't be left, as it requires a signature.

Sorry to hear that something went missing, Jayson. Hopefully it's just caught up somewhere and will show up.

I routinely have things take 7 - 9 days to arrive from Queensland (after being advised of it being posted and not including weekends), which seems excessive to me, but that must just be the way AP works from that area.

As for having parcels left on the porch, you can always ask that things not be left, but that you are carded to your Post Office, if you are worried about things being 'safe dropped' (in the Parcel delivery persons opinion). Probably need to speak directly with the Parcel Delivery person, not your postie.
However, to be safe, as you said - requesting registered ensures that the parcel won't be left, as it requires a signature.

Unfortunately that's not always the case. I've had the postie sign it themself for me and then leave it on my porch!

:confused: we just can't win, but at least there's a little cover with reg if something does happen(even if the postie does signs, but that's still a big worry) but only to $100 I think and any more than that and you need extra cover..there's money to be made there if you had it to set up another postal service as the US doesn't just have one service like we do. I've found both USP and USPS are both about the same in delivery time to here and don't know about FedEx.

I have had 3 things go missing in 6 years lucky the members have traded with me before this site and know that i would have sent them i have also bought cards on ebay and had a padded bag delivered to the wrong address even though it had my right address on it. The old lady where it was delivered put it back on top of her letter box for the postie to pick up next day but he didnt few days later she brings it around to me it was empty someone had raided it while it was on top of her letterbox its near a school.
SPEWIN got a great deal on them cheap rang aussie post put in a claim form got my money back but still not happy cards were worth more than i paid and i am still chasing those cards.
Cheers Brian

They have us by the short and curlies and they know it..what can we do, couriers can be just as bad :cautious:

:woot: just had a thought..what about the grey nomads, they go everywhere :lol:

Registered is not always safe but it minimizes the risk. I have had registered left in the post box and on making inquiries about the item it was determined the postie just signed the receipt book.....WTF. I have also had registered post go missing........how does that happen.

:mad: I hate auspost, I was to get some things from a fellow member and due to missing a chunk of brain I forgot to ask for reg post and it looks like a postie got a nice little work bonus at my expense so I don't blame the member but please if your sending anything remember to ask if they want reg as I just totally forgot :( and this is the first time EVER that anythings gone missing and I've got stuff from the US and Hawaii with no problems but I do always get reg as express will just leave things on the door step in the rain and I found that one out the hard way too, but I hope it saves someone the distress of the loss :thumbsup:
I am really lucky i have 2 fantastic posties that deliver to me and they go out of there way to make sure my mail arrives safely.
I also think the 6 pack of beers i give them at xmas helps.:thumbsup:
I have also taken the precaution of putting padlock on my letterbox as i live right near a high school.
Even with all this in place i still worry..... But i worry even more when i send cards it is always a relief when i hear cards arrive safe.
Sorry to hear this has happened..... But dont give up hope just yet as i have had things turn up a week late.

Registered is not always safe but it minimizes the risk. I have had registered left in the post box and on making inquiries about the item it was determined the postie just signed the receipt book.....WTF. I have also had registered post go missing........how does that happen.

Makes ya wonder all right especially when we pay extra :ermm:

I am really lucky i have 2 fantastic posties that deliver to me and they go out of there way to make sure my mail arrives safely.
I also think the 6 pack of beers i give them at xmas helps.:thumbsup:
I have also taken the precaution of putting padlock on my letterbox as i live right near a high school.
Even with all this in place i still worry..... But i worry even more when i send cards it is always a relief when i hear cards arrive safe.
Sorry to hear this has happened..... But dont give up hope just yet as i have had things turn up a week late.

so that's what I did wrong, I'll get a slab and hope for the best then :rofl: I live in hope Dave ;)

Always a concern with regular post. I have never had any of my deliveries lost, but have had a couple that I've sent disappear. Having said that, there have been a few that took a scary long time to arrive. Got a Foran TP a while back from Goldcoastcards that took almost a month. He is one of the very best and I don't know what Aus Post could have done with it for that long, but it finally lobbed.
I'm now happy to pay for registered and insist registered for any high-end cards I sell.

Always a concern with regular post. I have never had any of my deliveries lost, but have had a couple that I've sent disappear. Having said that, there have been a few that took a scary long time to arrive. Got a Foran TP a while back from Goldcoastcards that took almost a month. He is one of the very best and I don't know what Aus Post could have done with it for that long, but it finally lobbed.
I'm now happy to pay for registered and insist registered for any high-end cards I sell.

Gee I hope that's the case here as I know Glenn and he's a really nice bloke and see he's got a new site if I can give him a little plug :thumbsup:

I'm normally pretty good and remember to ask but just forgot as I was in a bit of a rush and I find when I rush things now I stuff up :ermm:

I am a huge fan of regular mail, both AusPost & NZ Post. Touchwood but never had any parcels go missing (in either direction) and its a fraction of the cost of registered. Plus in NZ, registered items are not left in letterbox/at door, if you are not home, you must sign and collect from local post shop which is a huge pain in the ass to do. Granted registered may be a few days quicker, but if you dont mind the wait, regular all the way!

Same deal here with registered. If they can't get a signature they leave a card and you collect from PO. Maybe more "tea leaves" in Australia, my missus (a Kiwi) still reckons ya can never trust an Aussie, 'cept me of course :whistle:.

PO Box all the way!!!! cut out the mailman all together!!
and always put mail in a postbox outside a post office, not one on the street.
do these,cut out a few hands and reduce the risk of Auspot stuffups

WTF is right - I'd be SPEWIN if that was the case.

PO Box all the way!!!! cut out the mailman all together!!
and always put mail in a postbox outside a post office, not one on the street.
do these,cut out a few hands and reduce the risk of Auspot stuffups

Still goes through the postie, as the mail + parcels go to the (local) delivery centre, gets sorted and then the postie delivers to the P.O. during their run, I believe.

Still goes through the postie, as the mail + parcels go to the (local) delivery centre, gets sorted and then the postie delivers to the P.O. during their run, I believe.

Yeah I think it's the same here Bob or very similar :thumbsup:

:woot: well some really good news team, they finally turned up a week after a complaint form was lodged :thumbsup: but I still don't like auspost as it would have been quicker for me to walk the 2000km to get them :lol: so I wonder where they've been :blink:

Back
Top Bottom