How NOT to finish off small set chases

skip20

The (un)official PC Showdown Special Comments Guy
Real Name
Skip
Hey collectign fam, what's good?

Just thought I'd post up a couple of small set chases so you can learn how not to do things.

First up, 02 03 Upper Deck Dunkvision Inserts which was a seven card set with 1:24 pack odds. Not high tier but some good names and what I think is a nice looking TV gimmick. How i stuffed this up is by somehow acquiring multiple copies of multipel cards, losing track of what I already had in hand in trying to complete the set.

Jason Richardson
- grabbed this twice...

Richardson Ja.jpg

Steve Francis

Francis S.jpg

Tim Duncan - bit of an odd name for this set, but inadvertently grabbed thsi twice as well...
Duncan T.jpg

Vince Carter - I think I must have experienced some 'Vinsanity' because I mistakenly acquired this card thrice! ...and why is he not pictured dunking the ball!

Carter V.jpg

Shaquille O'Neal - look at that pic - dunkvision indeed!

O'Neal S.jpg

Kobe Bryant - check out the kicks....

Bryant K (14).jpg

..and finally his Airness, MIchael Jordan. Wizards uni notwithstandng.

Jordan M (17).jpg

Obligatory group shot....

418933530_1109210290286388_2916004152331649077_n.jpg

...and group shot with doubles and triples, don't do that folks - stay organised! Thsi was only a 7 card set too - lol

420902664_944107480473206_2367542387122101882_n.jpg

Original design indeed.

While it looks like he is rebound, given it is Carter I think it could still be possible that is him going up to dunk!

I love how the TV design makes this such a product of the time. The photo of shaq is a really cool choice for that card.

I love how the TV design makes this such a product of the time. The photo of shaq is a really cool choice for that card.
Sure is mate, just wish they all had such nice photos. The old looking rounded CRT screens and that early digital font in the top right all add to the era and gimmick, kids these days don't know that TVs weren't always flat screens!

mate great set to complete but i was laughing the whole way through!! i love how you've increased the set size!!!!
I'm already more than half way through completing it a second time. Plenty of false starts (and finishes) apparent.... Ironically the last card needed was Stevie Franchise, grabbed doubles (or trips) of almost everything else lol

Back
Top Bottom