09-10 Panini Hall of Fame - Dream Team Game Threads [Complete]

skip20

The (un)official PC Showdown Special Comments Guy
Real Name
Skip
...continuing on from the overwhelming response to my 09-10 Panini HOF Famed Fabrics set chase, I thought I'd follow up witht thsi very small but select set chase which is one of the reasons why I liked the porduct quite a bit on its release.

The one and only, original and the best, basketball team ever assembled - the Dream Team! If I was goign to go after a memorabilia set, this was going to be the one. 9 cards form the set and all 9 cards have been obtained, Would have been awesome if the whole squad had available cards though.....

Card 1 - Larry Bird # /975

SCN_1620.jpg

Card 2 - Magic Johnson # /750

SCN_1619.jpg

Card 3 - Clyde Drexler # /650

SCN_1627.jpg

Awesome!

if I did the set I’d have to get all colour variations of each player - then I’d realise not every player was in it and sell them 😅😓
Who’s missing? Laettner and Jordan ?

Two of the big dogs in MJ and Barkely and of course the living human amateur NCAA token - Christian laettner. I always wnder if he consdiers himself a legit part of the greatest team ever assembled... There are red jersey cards available btw, just much harder to come across, I had thoguht about the tri colour set completion too, and I know others who have done it.

Thanks for the reminder that I need to spend more cash and finish this set I have half complete....

they look awesome though, underrated set for sure

Surely you'd be chasing the '-08 Redeem Team with Mr Howard on board? Dwight must have some pretty decent Olympics related cards too...

Very clean, retro look to this set. Love it!!

Two prominent logos for the Hall of Fame, USA Basketball and some nice gold font for the Dream Team is all it takes mate! Captures the time and era very well...

This is a very sharp looking set! Excellent collection with some great names. All game worn?

In a classic case of Panini weasle words 'this swatch is guaranteed by Panini". Plenty of injuries on the Dream Team, Stocktona dn BIrd onlhy played 2 games each, ewing and Drexler missed time too. I suspect all were game issued and most game worn, but I guess we'll never know. There aren't any other sets I'm aware of claiming to have original Dream Team swatches in it.... Wait for the prime / patch version mate, nothing but piping patches!

Back
Top Bottom