HIP HOP Heads, for ALL HIP HOP NEWS, Clips and New Trax......... :)

Re: HIP HOP Heads (Check this)

Just want to thank you Veny for making me bust out all my old C.D's :lol:
Im back in high school right now haha
Comptons Most Wanted
South Central Cartel
Geto Boys
2 Live Crew
Paris

I havn't listed to some of this stuff in a long time :v:

Just want to thank you Veny for making me bust out all my old C.D's :lol:
Im back in high school right now haha
Comptons Most Wanted
South Central Cartel
Geto Boys
2 Live Crew
Paris

I havn't listed to some of this stuff in a long time :v:

Haha all good mate, It's always good to reminisce of the old days, hearing those old tracks always make me think of good memories, awesome man. :thumbsup:

i like how chris_paul defends canibus...good to see even though i cant stand him...is a pity though how it all came down to a reference about the mic on LL's arm. nuff of that heres mine:

Artists
Notorious B.I.G (The GOAT!)
Wu tang Clan
Jay Z
Onyx
Outkast

Songs
Notorious B.I.G. - Big Poppa
Wu- Tang Clan - Protect Ya Neck
Jay Z - Friend or Foe
Onyx - Evil Streets
Outkas - B.O.B (Bombs Over Baghdad)

Albums
Notorious B.I.G - Ready To Die
Notorious B.I.G - Life After Death
Wu Tang Clan - Enter The Wu Tang (36 Chambers)
Onyx - All We Got Iz Us (DO NOT come near me if im listening to this or just listened to this, this whole album makes me mad!)
Snoop Doggy Dog - Doggystyle

Fav Music clip
ODB - Brookyln Zoo

East Coast represent :lol:

Nice stuff there Slobs but Bacdafucup was the Onyx album for me.

Few more of my favs back in the days.
Ice-T - O.G
Ice Cube - Lethal Injection
The Pharcyde - Bizare Ride II
Dr Dre - The Chronic
Eazy E - Eazy Duz It & 187 um killa
D.O.C - No one can do it better

Just skimmed over this thread as I have just gotten back from my 1st lot of holidays, but I will be sure to check out some of the clips and artists mentioned in the next few days! Someone mentioned Briggs?! Had never heard of him until I saw him as a support for the hoods earlier in the year and he is pretty tight and knows how to work a crowd! Travels the world supporting them!

As for eminem haters, get out of here man! Sure some of what he is producing these day is commerical rubbish but people lap it up and continue to buy it, and he is making more money per year than any of us will ever see in a lifetime! If you forget about tracks like we made you and listen to something like Hello, you will see has still got it!

Take it back to the Slim Shady LP or Infinite (though the beats and production were below par), Bad Meets Evil, My Fault, Brain Damage or Guilty Conscience. A lot of people don't even know there was a chorus for Guilty Conscience, they think it was just the voice over. The chorus was censored, not due to language, but maybe because of the messages it sent to impressionable teens?!?! Here was a white boy spitting verses that made the ghetto boys look tame!

Anyway as I sit here typing this, wearing my original Doggystyle Tshirt as a bedshirt, I am going to have to put Doggystyle as my number 1 closely followed by Dr Dre The Chronic.

Serve a little bit of

Nuthing But A G Thang

with an interlude of

The Doctor's Office

followed by

Deez Nuts

and top it off with

Tha Schiznit

and you might see where I am coming from :lol:

:v: Merry Christmas ;)

i like how chris_paul defends canibus...good to see even though i cant stand him...is a pity though how it all came down to a reference about the mic on LL's arm. nuff of that heres mine:

Artists
Wu tang Clan
Jay Z
Onyx
Outkast

Songs
Jay Z - Friend or Foe
Onyx - Evil Streets

Albums
Onyx - All We Got Iz Us (DO NOT come near me if im listening to this or just listened to this, this whole album makes me mad!)

Fav Music clip
ODB - Brookyln Zoo

Man I haven't heard that for ages! Listening now... :cool:

Alright here's mine, and good direction to move the thread btw :v:

I'm gonna split my Artists and Groups if that's all good.

Artists:

Notorious B.I.G
Tupac Shakur
Nas
Jay-Z
RZA as Bobby Digital

Groups:

Public Enemy
Wu-Tang Clan (GZA/Meth/Inspectah Deck/Mast Killa could easily slide into top 5 MC's for me)
Westside Connection
Cypress Hill
Beastie Boys

Songs: (This would easily change week by week)

Wu-Tang Clan - Reunited
DMX - Stop Being Greedy
Busta Rhymes - Woo Hah!! Got You All In Check (Remix feat ODB)
Snoop Dogg - Tha Shiznit
Xzibit - What U See Is What U Get

Albums: (There's too many to choose would struggle with a top 20)

The Notorious B.I.G - Ready To Die
Nas - Illmatic
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers
Pharoahe Monch - Internal Affairs
Mos Def - Black On Both Sides

Fav Music Clip:

Don't know why but out of the 100's if not 1000's of Music Clips I have/have seen, this popped into my head;

Promatic: Do What I Wanna Do

(These dudes could flow together!)

[youtube]W-pnjiAsvTY[/youtube]

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy: Tupac (0:21)[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0SB8-Xwv34"]YouTube- DJ King - Jay Sean Ft. Lil Wayne, Tupac, Young Jeezy, T.I, The Game - Down "Remix" (HD Video)[/ame]

Artists
Wu tang Clan
Jay Z
Onyx
Outkast

Songs
Jay Z - Friend or Foe
Onyx - Evil Streets

Albums

Fav Music clip
ODB - Brookyln Zoo

Slobby your right about that, apparently canibus gave a compliment about LL mike on hes arm in one of hes songs. LL took it the wrong way and it all started from there, pretty stupid if you ask me and personally I cant stand all that beef crap. There probably really good friends behond closed doors. Most of the time its just to sell albums.

Theres way to many good cds and songs to list so I just go quickly off the top of my head

ALBUMS

in no order

Jay Z black album
Canibas poet laurette
Pharoe Monch internal affairs
Talib kweli reflection internal
Kanye west college drop out (no where near the best album ever but some great songs and no skipping needed)

Artist
Roots
Pharoe
Cani
Wu
Big L
Biggie Smalls

Songs

Wu "uzi pink ring"
Talib "Get by remix"
Pharoe "Simon says Remix"
Roots "thought at work"
Canibus "no return"

Everyone listen to some great artisit on here its nice to see.
The Wu I think everyone can agree on Biggie smalls is always big

For any Lupe Fiasco fans Lasers is coming soon.

Whats up Guys? just thought id keep this thread alive and list a few tracks that im listening to at the moment, HipHop right now isnt exciting me much as theres nothing real good out there so in no particular order heres a few tracks i been listening to
Xzibit - Hurt locker
Vinie paz - Street Wars
Saigon ft Lil fame - Rusty gunz
Ludacris - How low can you go
Wu tang - Clap 2010
Bun B - Stupid trill
Joe Budden - R.I.P
DMX - Bombs Drop
It would be good to know what you guys are playin at the moment, i need to hear some new beats - Joe.

Mate im rocking some older stuff atm, i've got WuTang - 36 chambers, RZA - Digi Snacks, Nas - Hip Hop is dead on heavy rotation for my to and from work trips.
There really isn't much new stuff im liking atm

I was banging The Cool Kids the other week but have come to the conclusion they aren't as cool as they claim to be.

Oh and while its not hip hop i've had a bit of Curtis Mayfield going aswell, some sweet funky tunes

haha Ive had alot of older stuff bumping latly! 36 Chambers, Tical, Uncontrolled Substance, Ironman.... yes yes, all Wu stuff but just can't help it after going to the Redman and Method man show last Friday night!! That sh!t was insane!! Bought back some mind numbing memories haha!

Other then a bit of AOTP, Brother Ali and small amounts of Aussie hip hop, the new stuff just isn't doing it for me at all!

Nice, i had Ironman ready to go today then decided on a bit of Gravediggaz instead.
Wish i had gone to the Red & Meth show, i've been bumping BO2 lately.

yeah you cant go wrong with the old stuff, always stays on heavy rotation in my player too.

haha Ive had alot of older stuff bumping latly! 36 Chambers, Tical, Uncontrolled Substance, Ironman.... yes yes, all Wu stuff but just can't help it after going to the Redman and Method man show last Friday night!! That sh!t was insane!! Bought back some mind numbing memories haha!

Other then a bit of AOTP, Brother Ali and small amounts of Aussie hip hop, the new stuff just isn't doing it for me at all!

Shattered I had to miss them this time around, their last show here a few years back was crazy. Definitely catch RZA mid feb. :thumbsup:

here's a few tunes I've been into lately.

nas - made you look
talib kweli - listen
mos def - know that
jurassic 5 - remember his name
biggie - things done changed
the roots - aint sayin nothin new

all banging tracks :)
big

Nice, i had Ironman ready to go today then decided on a bit of Gravediggaz instead.
Wish i had gone to the Red & Meth show, i've been bumping BO2 lately.

Shattered I had to miss them this time around, their last show here a few years back was crazy. Definitely catch RZA mid feb. :thumbsup:

I missed Red and Meth by a week when they cam here in 06(?)!! I was shattered. This time around there was no way I was missing it, even if it was 40+ on the friday and the concert was basicaly in a tin shed!!! haha was hot as hell in there but they put on a crazy energetic show! 1 of the best Ive been too. Will not be missing Rza either, was spewing I couldn't get to Melbourne for Gza, so considering there's a Rza show here, I'll be there with bells on.

man uncontrolled substance was a disappointment for me...deck is my fav wu member and when it was said he was releasing a solo it was in the sources top 10 ablums for that year (i think it came in at number 3 or so) 3 years later and NO buzz and the album drops..such a shame....as for ironman, check out my avatar whats underneath...you should ALL know that number...its been there for the best part of 6 months! im listening to Black Rob-Life Story at the moment...killer album!

Back
Top Bottom