Hedo likely to come to Portland..

Why he would want to go there baffles me. Portland are a team that will get more attention and he will get more credibility if they win.

Oh well - Toronto is a decent team. DeRozan and Turkoglu on the wings? Haha..

Why he would want to go there baffles me.

Here is 2 reasons from Yahoo sports:
A source says Turkoglu’s wife wanted badly to live in Toronto, a far more European-style city, and that’s where it appears the Turkish native is headed. The Raptors have embraced the Euro game under GM Bryan Colangelo, building a roster that includes Euro talents Jose Calderon(notes) and Andrea Bargnani(notes).

Port-land are stu-pid, nah nahnah nahnah naaaaaaahhhh

But happy to be proven wrong cause I like their team.

better than utah + ur comments buddy...

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

For me Kirk Hinrich would have been ideal for the Blazers. Biggish PG with some experience, would happily play hard all day everyday without taking a shot :) Lets face it i'm sure the GMs know what they are doing......well most of the time:)

nah i think bayless will be put in a bit more + IMO i think he has alot of talent with the chance to prove himself he would be a big runner for most improved if he gets the minutes. blake is doing fine but, to keep the team as it is would be the greatest move we could do. We don't need anymore big names in the team otherwise it will stuff up the rotation, maybe a trade but not FA signing. A reserve role player to show the ropes if anything. :thumbsup:

Here is 2 reasons from Yahoo sports:

Fair enough. Apparently there is a bigger market in Toronto for Turkish players as the Turkish demographic is larger there.

I guess given that, the fact that Toronto is a nicer city, keeping the wife happy and earning $2 million extra per season that makes sense.

Decent looking team on paper:

Calderon, DeRozan, Turkoglu, Bargnani, Bosh.

They should get Delfino back from overseas and get rid of Anthony Parker. They should also let Marion go and sign another FA.

Fair enough. Apparently there is a bigger market in Toronto for Turkish players as the Turkish demographic is larger there.

I guess given that, the fact that Toronto is a nicer city, keeping the wife happy and earning $2 million extra per season that makes sense.

Decent looking team on paper:

Calderon, DeRozan, Turkoglu, Bargnani, Bosh.

They should get Delfino back from overseas and get rid of Anthony Parker. They should also let Marion go and sign another FA.

As always got to keep the wife happy, even when you do make millions and millions of dollars.
Here is an update from ESPN also. Looks like Marion, Parker (Bulls), and Delfino looking for work elsewhere
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4305310"]Hedo Turkoglu pulls out of talks with Portland Trail Blazers, source says - ESPN[/ame]

As always got to keep the wife happy, even when you do make millions and millions of dollars.
Here is an update from ESPN also. Looks like Marion, Parker (Bulls), and Delfino looking for work elsewhere
Hedo Turkoglu pulls out of talks with Portland Trail Blazers, source says - ESPN

Well if you bring in Hedo you dont want to keep Marion.

He's only productive as a starter and he won't be willing to accept a smallish contract.

Parker is too old to help this young team, Delfino is really the only one you want to keep because he's still young and is a good rotational player whether he is starting or coming in the 2nd unit.

Well if you bring in Hedo you dont want to keep Marion.

He's only productive as a starter and he won't be willing to accept a smallish contract.

Parker is too old to help this young team, Delfino is really the only one you want to keep because he's still young and is a good rotational player whether he is starting or coming in the 2nd unit.

If they bring Hedo, they can't keep Marion. And an S&T ain't possible as Marion doesn't fit with Orlando and they simply can't afford him.

Teams are already looking at Marion so you can rest assured him and Hedo won't be playing on the same team. Cavs are just one team rumored to be looking Marion's way.

Greedy with the ball!?!? Get a clue champ.

Bro watch some of his games properly all you see is him hitting a couple of game winners, what about when he has 20% shooting games. Just what i see champ. Many times in the finals he tried to make big 3s when there were better options inside and still time on the clock. Are you an expert on nba bro?

Bro watch some of his games properly all you see is him hitting a couple of game winners, what about when he has 20% shooting games. Just what i see champ. Many times in the finals he tried to make big 3s when there were better options inside and still time on the clock. Are you an expert on nba bro?

20% shooting nights? Any stats to back that claim up>

I watched the entire Finals series and if he was guilty of taking to may shots when there were better options, then so are Lewis, Alston, Jameer, Dwight (who was forcing sooo much across the keyway) and Pietrus!

To single out Hedo as a ball hog n that side is a joke! Magic shot the ball well most fo the season, as did Turk himself.

To single out a player for being a ball hog for doing what he is paid/told to do, is just ridiculous and narrow minded.

Just to play devil's advocate on the 20% shooting nights :p

During the regular season he shot 33% or worse 23 times out of 77 games. This includes 9 times at less than 25%, and 20% or less 6 times.

Lowlights: 1/14 at 7.1% v MIA
1/13 at 7.7% v IND
2/12 at 16.7% v DEN
3/18 at 16.7% v BOS

During the postseason he shot worse than 33% in 9 of 24 games. This includes 6 times at 25% or less and 2 games under 20%.

Lowlights: 1/11 at 9.1% v CLE
2/12 at 16.7% v PHI
3/14 at 21.4% v PHI
3/13 at 23.1% v BOS

Just to play devil's advocate on the 20% shooting nights :p

During the regular season he shot 33% or worse 23 times out of 77 games. This includes 9 times at less than 25%, and 20% or less 6 times.

Lowlights: 1/14 at 7.1% v MIA
1/13 at 7.7% v IND
2/12 at 16.7% v DEN
3/18 at 16.7% v BOS

During the postseason he shot worse than 33% in 9 of 24 games. This includes 6 times at 25% or less and 2 games under 20%.

Lowlights: 1/11 at 9.1% v CLE
2/12 at 16.7% v PHI
3/14 at 21.4% v PHI
3/13 at 23.1% v BOS

I enjoy seeing this type of mindfulness. WD :thumbsup:

Cool. I was asking the question and got the answer! :lol:

I still stand b the fact he wouldnt be the only one! And in the Final Series he didn't shot that badly at all!!

Agreed. Turkoglu is a big time player who has hit many a big shots over the last 2 seasons.

To ask him not to shoot it would just be ridiculous. He's not a ball-hog by any means, that's a stupid thing to say.

Well Carter is better than Turkoglu, you cant dispute that. Im not hating on hedo, but I dont think he can make toronto a playoff team.

Well Carter is better than Turkoglu, you cant dispute that. Im not hating on hedo, but I dont think he can make toronto a playoff team.

Carter is a better individual player than Turkoglu yes.
Carter is a better scorer than Turkougly yes.

Can Carter play the role for the Magic that Turkoglu has played for the past 2 seasons? - No.

And that's why the Cavs will probably take the Magic's spot in the Finals this coming season.

Back
Top Bottom