Have I been played or just unlucky?

bjs127

Cricket card fanatic
Real Name
Brad
eBay User
bjs127
Hey fellas, I won this card this morning by putting in a stupid high bid of $117 (Beckettt high is $30) and getting it for $111, however check out the bidding - a double bid from someone with private feedback meant without them I would have won it for $9! :mad:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&item=250818318511

Have I just run into someone with the same silly high-bid technique as me, or do you think this is a bit dodgy? Or perhaps just a set collector missing only the A-Train? Seller has 100% positive feedback but none since 2009??

I have often wondered if someone out there has managed to develop a computer program which can somehow detect the highest bid and throw in a dummy bid say $5 below the highest bid to bump up auction results.....possible or have I just had too many coffees this morning??!! :woot:

Wow! That's a pretty penny to pay for that! Not sure about how many coffee's you've had so far, but it does look very suss!

Percentage of bids from that bidder with that seller is pretty small. You may have just got unlucky with someone that wanted the card bad.

Most probably a case of two lads wanting a card badly and putting in crazy bids. Unfortunately, you turned out to be the winner !!!!!

What a load of b(***)s... :p

Crazy price, but has happened to me before... and the fact that he bid very late suggests it's legit and just someone who wanted it bad. There are a few Chrono collectors.

Look, I totally agree that I shouldn't have put in such a high bid in the first place, I am 100% guilty as charged there. I should have gone with a $50 bid and be done with it.

Funnily enough this is the 2nd time in 3 days that I've ended up going head to head with another bidder on an A-Train card, so I should have known what could possibly happen - on Monday this low numbered Panini /5 auto ended (with me again bidding way too high), although I ended up dealing the other guy the pointy end of the pineapple this time around:

eBay.com Item Bid History

Lesson learned!! :)

I've not seen this card pop up on eBay in the 12 or so months of collecting Gilmore.......if it is another 3 yrs before another one pops up i MIGHT feel better about paying almost 4x Beckett high for it! LOL

I've not seen this card pop up on eBay in the 12 or so months of collecting Gilmore.......if it is another 3 yrs before another one pops up i MIGHT feel better about paying almost 4x Beckett high for it! LOL

lol, maybe your bid might bump up the beckett price so you won't feel so bad?

Check this example out.....MJ 1986 Fleer RC....1986 MICHAEL JORDAN FLEER ROOKIE CARD GRADED 9 BY PSA (eBay item 150588733572 end time 11-Apr-11 12:29:28 AEST) : Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop

My bid USD1000.00 and the only other bidder took several stabs at it right up to USD 990.00 then miraculously stopped bidding. The seller had private feedback, so I reported it to ebay and got a standed response.

Lucky for me the same card graded 9 sold for over USD 1100.00 last week....so I'm okay with it all.

Back
Top Bottom