Group Break on Cherry Collectables

I think we should do a quick spreadsheet and a list just to see who wants what and then the allocatet sloots can be filled that way

I'm down for 49ers and would happily take the patriots as no.2 if no one else wanted them!
How about we also throw up some product suggestions as well?
I'll throw Rookies and stars into the ring, but down for almost anything we cherry will break for us!

Didn't the new Prizm just come out? Has a few hits per box and some low numbered cards with hits across all teams

I'm definitely keen on this. Cowboys man so I'm happy if I can have them on most occasions but am never really fussed when I'm involved in group breaks. Obviously you'd rather be snagging cards from the teams you follow but it's always nice to just get a cool card! I'm liking the look of the new Absolute, but it may be a tad pricey. Limited looks like it could be pretty sweet. My other suggestions would be Prizm, R & S, Certified, Topps Platinum and Prime.

Very interested but would depend on the price and what we are boxing. Some decent sets coming out soon but even ones from the last couple would be fine.

I'll be in for the Rams and Dolphins again if this is a goer - But suggest someone might need to ask Cherry if they're up for it, as it's a bit of organising for them and I also think they usually only do hits breaks and don't send base ??? I'd be wanting base sent as well. 2 picks and 2 Randoms at about $60 - 70 for each persons 4 team share should net a total of $480+ probably enough for 4 mixed boxes with at bit left over for supplies, postage etc...

I'll be in for the Rams and Dolphins again if this is a goer - But suggest someone might need to ask Cherry if they're up for it, as it's a bit of organising for them and I also think they usually only do hits breaks and don't send base ??? I'd be wanting base sent as well. 2 picks and 2 Randoms at about $60 - 70 for each persons 4 team share should net a total of $480+ probably enough for 4 mixed boxes with at bit left over for supplies, postage etc...
I think they want to break cases. They've been doing it for a while now with NBA and I've been part of afew of them. To my knowledge, they've only done a coulpe of NFL breaks previously. I was part of their 2010 Finest break.

I think they want to break cases. They've been doing it for a while now with NBA and I've been part of afew of them. To my knowledge, they've only done a coulpe of NFL breaks previously. I was part of their 2010 Finest break.

I'm sure they do :)

But I'm not sure there'd be enough folks on here willing to do an NFL case break ??? 8 shares, so that'd be $150-200 or so for any decent product byt the time you pay postage etc ? I've done a few case breaks in the states, but usually only the one team.

I've done a few case breaks in the states, but usually only the one team.
From memory, the Finest break they did that I took part in had a two team per share so 16 shares. Can't recall what the cost was but I do know the teams were worked out via a snake draft with the draft order calculated via random.org. I'm not exactly sure how Grayson works out the cost per share but just for aguments sake I reckon $70 a pop would just about work for a 16 share case break of a 12 box Rookies and Stars case. I guess for it to happen you may be reliant on some individuals buying multiple shares. For the right price/potential return, I'd be fine with having to do that. Maybe we should get Grayson in on this convo to explain how he would see things running. @cherrycollectables

I am open to whatever we do. Lets get an idea of who is keen and how much we want to spend each. I'm down for $60 - $80. If we get that kind of info I'm sure Grayson can do the style of break we want.
Packers & Bills for me but I'm flexible.
Grayson will ship base for a few buck more Trevor.
Maybe a 4 or more mixed box break?

as long as i get the Bengals im not fussed. ill take on Cardinals or Lions or somethin if need be.

are we gonna be leaving the teams with the top rooks random like previous breaks??

Matt, who would you class as the top rookies this year???

i wasnt sure whether we had decided on year. if we took last years then clearly we know who the top rooks are. as for this year, few defensive studs have been showing up, but id put Lacy up there, and Hopkins i really like for the Texans

Well so far I can see there is almost no overlap when it comes to PC Teams so if we can work with that we can random off the other teams. 10 Teams if we got to 12 then we can random of the rest.
If we were to standout the team with good rookies this year this break is doomed ;)

Seahawks
Broncos
Packers - overlap
Raiders
Patriots
Bengals
Rams
49ers
Ravens
Cowboys

Hey peoples, sorry for the slow reply - please don't think I'm neglecting this project! I've been doing the family thing visiting my old home state which of course sets everything else back a few weeks!

Ok, so the Limited case is on its way! I chose this product because it has a nice number of hits with some cool chase cards such as 'Letterman', which have always been highly collectable.

I'll read the thread today and pitch an idea for you all. For total transparency, although I like the Topps product, being a Panini distributor I can land their NFL stuff here cheaper and offer as close to cost price as possible to get these NFL breaks off the ground - which is my main goal.

Unlike NBA I can't price the teams as easily, so I'll try and work out a fixed price version, which can hopefully suit enough of you to fill out a full break.

I will take a spot if it helps to fill it.

Update coming tonight!

Cheers and sorry.

Ok, I'd like thoughts on the following and perhaps 'tentative' commitment. How does two teams $115 ($57.50 each) sound? We will try to give people at least 1 team they want.

That's for a SEALED case of Limited which will throw 45 hits and 30 extra inserts. I will sort base too, albeit would appreciate an extra $2 per team to cover time/postage.

So I'll record a list of entrants and their teams in the first 16 spots - all other teams will be randomly added.

1. Jets - Rick
  2. Packers - Davaro
  3. Cowboys - Noodles
  4. Rams - Ausram
  5. Chargers - Rusty Nail
  6. Redskins - Big Ben Fan
  7. 49rs - animal
  8. Bengals - sskillswitch
  9. Raiders - Glover
  10. Steelers - Cherry
  11. Broncos - Greencardy
  12. Patriots - Elek
  13. Bills - Rick
  14. Falcons - Rick
  15. Buccaneers - Rick
  16. Saints - Cherry
The teams below represent your random teams, they apply to the same order as above i.e 1. gets Panthers

1. Carolina Panthers
  2. Detroit Lions
  3. Chicago Bears
  4. Philadelphia Eagles
  5. Indianapolis Colts
  6. New York Giants
  7. Baltimore Ravens
  8. Kansas City Chiefs
  9. Houston Texans
  10. Arizona Cardinals
  11. Tennessee Titans
  12. Seattle Seahawks
  13. Minnesota Vikings
  14. Jacksonville Jaguars
  15. Cleveland Browns
  16. Miami Dolphins
Ok Guys, sealed! Payment now due.

Note - Cherry is taking 2 spots (Saints & Steelers to get this busted!) I'll also absorb Big Ben & Greencardy's random teams. Thats full traceability there.
Hopefully next time we can get that last 5% right and we will be cruising.
When paying please note 'limitedNFLsaints' or whatever your team is.
We will aim to bust Thursday night!!! Random will occur once all Payments received!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom