Forza Italia!

cp3

Old School
Real Name
John
I was worried bout penalties...but it wouldnt even make it!! but the new italian soccer god Grosso saved the day!!

Wat a fkn game!!! :D

hmm, mixed feelings. was a great game to watch, funnily enough the first half was a cracker while the second half both sides played terribly. Italy didnt deserved to be there, but they played better than Germany, so they deserved to win the match. and i hated that it was mr flopper Grosso who scored the important 1st goal, that ass will be treated like a God now.

i really enjoy italy's style of play, very skillful and entertaining to watch, but they are a pack of floppers, they will milk every bit of contact for all its worth...only players i think dont flop are Cannavaro and Gatusso.

the Azzurri should have no problems against either Portugal or France in the final, so when they do win the world cup, they better kneel at the alter of the ref who gave them that penalty that got them there :mad:

Fratelli D'Italia

Italia Sei Desta!!

Obviously I'm happy

All soccer players flop, that's why the world cup is only every 4 years because the academy awards are on every year too!!

I can only handle soccer every 4 years or so, our aussie rules boys make them look like absolute fairies being paid $200million per year

nah, flopping seems to be a hobby enjoyed mainly by the european teams. south americans do it sometimes but arent huge floppers, neither are asian teams and especially not our own boys.

and who the hell gets $200 million a yr? ronaldhino wouldnt make that, even counting endorsements as well.

I was exaggerating on their pay, but they earn way too much!

I just think are all pretty soft, they dive and hold their ankles for ages rolling around where in footy they just brush it off break a tackle or two and head for home from fifty!

How underpaid are AFL players when you look at what they put their bodies through.

reign40 said:
I was exaggerating on their pay, but they earn way too much!

I just think are all pretty soft, they dive and hold their ankles for ages rolling around where in footy they just brush it off break a tackle or two and head for home from fifty!

How underpaid are AFL players when you look at what they put their bodies through.

I think what the players earn will obviously depend on how prestigous the sport is/are, not how physical it is.

Football (soccer) is the most watched and played sport worldwide, therefore, popularity wins it hands down over AFL.

Do not forget that if you allow a football (soccer) game out of hands, expect a few broken legs by the end of the game. What I'm trying to say, is simply, the 2 are totally 2 different sports. How can you compare an orange to an apple? No one is arguing that AFL or Rugby is a more physical sport than football (soccer) but you got to understand that you have to fall down to get a free kick and possession back to your team in football (soccer), not to spear tackle them; remember, the 2 sports are totally different.

It's like comparing basketball to netball. Why does basketball players gets paid more than netball players when netball players have a harder task to shoot the ball in without the help of a backboard??

Cheers~

We Won We Won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forza Azzuri..... Forza Italia!!!!!!

Daaaaaaaamn!!! That's bloody disappointing... And to make things worse, it was "Golden Globe" Grosso with the winning penalty kick! #-o BTW, what about Zidane's "Raging Bull" impression??? :D CHAMPION!!! I wonder what Matterazzi said? Must've been pretty bad to make Zizou go off like that. Sad way for one of the greats to end his career...

Congrat To Italy they might deserve it and they showed the good game in the FINAL!! Anyway I still think that Zidane is the best player in the tournament. For the refereee well just go to hell

yeah italy shouldnt have made it that far, but what a game for a WC final!!! it had everything...dives, fouls, Henry concussing himself then playing on, a penalty that barely made it over the line from an audacious strike...and that was in the first 10 minutes!!!

the whole game was close and tight, both teams played great attack and defence, and thus it came down to trezuguet missing a penalty by inches to decide Italy is the greatest team in the world. a classic final.

as for Zidane, im sure the reasons why he did such a reprehensible thing will come out in the wash, but Matterazzi must have said some pretty awful things to him to make him react in such a way. what a tragedy though, to play in the world cup final, the all time great Zizou in his last WC, his last international for France, to leave the ground in shame like that with about 5 mins left in extra time, it was just so out of character. but still an inexcusable action.

Only 1430 or so days til the next WC, cant wait!!!

Just got back from holidays, but I gotta say:

Great game!

Zidane reacting to trash talk is unacceptable for someone so good, can't believe he did it! No matter what was said to him he was was out of line and made to look like a little mouse sniffing the cheese.

Imagine if NBA players exploded after trash talk, payton would have had his head taken off years ago!!

dude, theres a HUGE difference between trash talk and racial insults agianst ones family, i guarantee you the glove would never have resorted to calling the opposition's mother a whore, otherwise he would have got a lot worse than a headbutt i guarantee you. if i was in zidane's shoes i would have sent the bastard to hospital.

theres trash talk, and then theres just plain crossing the line.

I don't agree

Zidane is paid millions and millions of dollars to play soccer..not to react to verbal abuse and disgrace himself and his country during one of the most watched events on television!

Zidane is the villain here not Matterazzi...

But who cares, ITALIA won, I don't think Matterazzi is too worried either

reign40 said:
I don't agree

Zidane is paid millions and millions of dollars to play soccer..not to react to verbal abuse and disgrace himself and his country during one of the most watched events on television!

Zidane is the villain here not Matterazzi...

But who cares, ITALIA won, I don't think Matterazzi is too worried either

Zidane is not god, even if he was paid million of dollars to play soccer. He is human just like the rest of us. He could only take such number of insults but Materazzi repeatedly insulted Zidane family.

Materazzi provoked him. He is the villain. If there was no such provocation, there wouldn't be such action.

Materazzi should've kept the thrash talking within professional level, not personal. There is a difference.

PS. In no way am I defending his action but I do undestand why he did what he did. Put me on the spot and I might do something worse than that.

Cheers~

Back
Top Bottom