Footy Stars 2021

Dont see how it could go to 200 a box! Thats 2400 a case and you dont even have a guarantee of getting one marquee.

Last years boxes sold out but 95%of the cards you cant give away. Bar the showstoppers, winning predictors and few other cards the rest all i see is listed on the pages over and over again. The non numbered cards even harder.

This release will definately sell put but mainly to breakers and i cant see people looking to pay 200 for a box when series 2, 3 and supremacy comes out

Dont see how it could go to 200 a box! Thats 2400 a case and you dont even have a guarantee of getting one marquee.

Last years boxes sold out but 95%of the cards you cant give away. Bar the showstoppers, winning predictors and few other cards the rest all i see is listed on the pages over and over again. The non numbered cards even harder.

This release will definately sell put but mainly to breakers and i cant see people looking to pay 200 for a box when series 2, 3 and supremacy comes out
very true, the content of the vast majority of boxes will return $50 or less on the secondary market.

In in fact there are only a handful of cards that will fetch over $100 out of the gate and that includes the best BPs (Dusty, Danger, Neale etc), maybe only the Richmond PP and the Marquee cards.

As is always the case, all of the low end inserts (acetate, starburst, milestones etc) will be selling for $1-2 each within a few days of release.

Anyone who is loading up on boxes/cases of Footy Stars looking to get rich is in for a rude shock. It’s a fun release and Select look like they’ve done a great job this year but there isn’t anywhere near the value of other series.

Yeah its like every year. Series one is hot property until the big gun releases cpme and then no one cares aboit it.

Dont get me wrong this year is definately different to others but i dont see people stocking up on bixes a good idea unless breaking as then they will throw them in woth other releases to pump up prices

Yeah its like every year. Series one is hot property until the big gun releases cpme and then no one cares aboit it.

Dont get me wrong this year is definately different to others but i dont see people stocking up on bixes a good idea unless breaking as then they will throw them in woth other releases to pump up prices
I'm just looking forward to opening a box! Every other sport has been killing me financially

Hopefully they don’t get to $200 a box. My local was selling boxes for $99 last year. You’re right though, there’s not much value in them apart from trying to collect your team etc. I can’t believe the piece of NBA cards this year,
literally 4 times the price on release this year from last.

If I can pass on one piece of advice for collectors (and I mean people truly collecting cards for their PC for this set - not flippers) it would be:

Wait. Just wait.

Nothing in this release is super limited.... sure the Lowest is numbered to 70, so instead of buying a box if you must go grab the most limited card first and then wait it out for the rest. I know the big teams always sell well but for less popular teams...... what's the rush?

The first wave will come and the FOMO effect will be in full force. People will be out there spending up to be the first to get cards that will be selling for much much less later on. If you wait, you will probably be able to buy most of the cards you need for less than the price of a box will get you.

When the rest of the stock arrives people will bust and then start dumping stock and supply will outstrip demand. Let others do the hard work and take the financial hit.

In the end you will still be able to complete your team sets (may not be in the first week of the release) but if its 3 months from now does it really matter?

Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom