First time sharing a mail day on here, have a look!

MGoBlue

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
eBay User
mrsigep1585
COMC User
buckley10
You all have a great group of collectors on here. I've enjoyed being pretty much just a lurker on here for quite some time. I had one of my best mail days ever this past week and thought I'd share it here.

Something old and something not quite as old:

First the old. I've always dreamed of owing a single 90s Flair Masterpiece of Webber. There's only 7 in the world, so just to have 1 is a dream come true. And the seller was a retired CWebb super collector who had the card long before the bankruptcy, so no concerns about being fake. I don't think I'd ever buy one of these on eBay for that very reason.

I've always preferred the 97-98 cards, but I'm really digging the 98-99 versions since CWebb is in a Kings uni.

And now for the not so old card. This time Exquisite. I'm an unapologetic supporter of old school UD and Fleer. I'd kill to have them back in the hobby. Panini has had a few really nice releases, but nothing compares to old school Fleer and UD.

Webber was only featured in 03-04 and 05-06 Exquisite. And he only had a total of 14 different cards. Nine from 03-04 and five from 05-06. Of the 14, two are 1/1s, so really only 12 cards from Exquisite to collect. I've become somewhat of a hoarder of these cards for this very reason.

There is however a rogue card. In 06-07, UD decided to include him in a set. Not the base set. Not any of the patch sets or auto sets. No, they saved the best for last and put him in a set that was always the hallmark of their product. Logoman set! But not a single logoman, not even a dual logoman, rather a triple logoman set!

So here it is in all its glory:

Thanks for the look!

I had no idea you were on here, M! Awesome to see you and that Masterpiece is still mind blowing!

The lurker from out of the shadows! I think a lot of us here grew up with the Fab Five Wolverines - fantastic mailday with a couple of mind blowing 1/1s!

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I'm still feeling like it's a dream that I own these two cards. For the first time ever, I feel like my collection is complete. With the exception of finding a PMG green one day, I really don't feel like I'm missing much.

Have a great weekend!

i bought a bunch of webber inserts n stuff off the bay at least 10yrs ago, ill take a pic of them and see if you can use any of them!

that legacy is amazeballs.

great card

Wow very happy for you mate! It must be the best feeling in the world to own a couple of cards you would do anything for. Ah man good ol Fleer back in the days, so many packets busted or should I say boxes open haha

Back
Top Bottom