Final mailday & my (mostly 90s) finished PC

Ok that does it for the main cards.

Some other random additions from my last mailday & final thoughts...

PXL_20221221_162310385.jpg

Had to get a Giddey, and I just really liked the colour combo on these Rookie Ink cards.

PXL_20221221_164401450.jpg

This McGrady rookie is such a hectic/goofy looking card I couldn't pass it up, though I think I'll peel the film as it's obscuring his odd look.

PXL_20221221_164332806.jpg

This was the bargain of the lot for me at $2 USD. I was a big fan of Rider and if I pulled a card like this as a kid it would’ve been the crown jewel of my collection.

PXL_20221221_162711008.jpg

Ok not bball but I'll take this as an opportunity to recommend checking out the 30 for 30 doco about Marcus Dupree called The best that never was. I love that this was the best pic they could get.

Final thoughts...

• I had a heap of fun chasing down these cards and definitely spent way too much time scanning ebay over the past 2 years! Maybe I'll end up getting that Jordan Scoring King if things really collapse in years to come.
  • I hope my son can at least get back what I paid for them when he inherits them in 20yrs time, and needs the $ to save for a deposit on a $2m 2*1 unit an hour out of the city...
  • Other than a couple of purchases here, I pretty much stuck to Ebay only. I did take a look at COMC but maybe I was doing something wrong as I struggled to find cards I was after for cheaper than they were going for on?
  • SMC rock. I'd definitely have far less if not for their great service and the considerable cost savings they provide.
  • I was pretty nervous about getting my shipment of a years worth of raw cards back - you can only tell so much detail from the photos - but overall I'm really happy with the condition. I only opted for mint/nr mint and while there are a few that definitely aren't as described, most were close enough. That said, I don’t think there are any that I’d be sending off for grading with any realistic hope of a 10.
  • I was really impressed with the condition of all of the base sets I purchased. Good thing too as they kicked my arse on the eventual shipping costs. The only annoyance from all the sets I bought was Upper Deck SE was missing Penny (had an extra Webber instead).
  • I only ever sent 3 cards off for grading, the Durant initially to PSA and then Jordans to SGC. While the extensive wait for the former wasn’t fun, the reveal was one of the more fun aspects of collecting over the past 2 years, so there’s probably a good chance I send some of the better loose cards off to CGA in future for a cheaper alternative.
That'll do it, thanks for reading!
Awesome thread! Thanks for the effort to compile and provide commentary.

Wish I had gotten even remotely close to having a plan.

Got a little excited and not really sure I have much to show for the investment at this point…

Back
Top Bottom