Fake Jordan RC's. How to spot them.

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
Seeing there is a bit of talk about these I'll post this.

Couldn't be bothered writing it out myself so its cut and paste time.

Another in a long line of 1986-87 Fleer Michael Jordan counterfeits, this Type IV is not a very deceptive fake. This version is very shiny and uses slightly different fonts than the real cards.

One look at the Fleer logo and it is obvious that something is amiss. "Fleer" is printed in a taller and slightly thinner font, with the bottom of the "R" nearly touching the edge of the red crown.

Also, the word "Premier" is in a much lighter and thinner font, appearing more grayish than jet black. The black border lines are much too thin and light, and the card weighs less than it should (1.44 grams compared to 1.86 grams).

fakejordantype4.jpg

On the back of the card, the printing and the logos are actually quite sharp, but the major flaw is one it shares with another MJ counterfeit, the closed bull's eyes. On the real card, the whites of each eye should be clearly visible, but on this fake, these areas are almost completely filled in with blue ink.

fake.jpg
Fake

real.jpg
Real

fake2.jpg
Fake

real2.jpg
Real

Nice post Chad!! Cool!!

I'd have to get one from a Graded source if I ever wanted an MJ.

Hey, fill us in on the PSA+ thing... I'm not up to speed, but noticed once a post that mentioned it... What is PSA+??

Back
Top Bottom