European Champions League: Barcelona Vs. Arsenal

Hennessy

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Hendra Barnes
My my my...

What can I say about this game? As a BIG fan of both teams, I feel Arsenal loss is / was hard to accept.

I don't condone Lehmann's red card as it was a clear intentional foul. Very unprofessional of him to ankle tap Eto'o. He should've just let Barca score the goal because then, Arsenal would've kept their 11 man on the field and try and snatch an equaliser; which they actually took the lead with 10 man. Anyway, I'm more shocked with the referee's & linesman decision that made the difference for this game.

I'm amazed Barcelona didn't get more yellow cards than they actually did. Every counter-attack chances Arsenal would've had was short lived as they were contantly fouled by Puyol, Marquez, which I feel they should've had yellow cards next to their name and Van Bommel is the biggest actor in the squad. I never liked him since he was at PSV and I knew he was going to play like he did tonight. I was even more distressed when PSV played Arsenal last year.

Anyway, the first Barca goal was a clear proven offside, which now I blame the linesman for letting it go. I was furious with that and I can see why Thierry and Arsene was as well.

And to show my unbiased opinion, re:the second Barca goal; we have got to cut Almunia's right leg so it won't get in the way next time. :p

Nevertheless, congratulations to Barcelona. I can't say that they fully deserved it but they worked hard to get the legit goal.

I'm impressed with Giuly and Henry and with those performances, I feel France should look quite solid for this year's World Cup.

Discuss.....

I didnt watch in the end, decided sleep was more important - although my alarm did wake everyone up in the house at 4.30am :D

I am also 100% against players/coaches publically complaining about the referees/linesmen, no matter how bad the decisions are.

Henry will be in a Barca shirt next season, if you cant beat em, join em ;)

^ A replay of the match will be shown at 10PM tonight.

I plan to record this match tonight because I don't see my 2 favourite teams play each other that often. :p

I certainly hope that Arsenal will do everything to keep Henry. I'm not even sure why Barca is even interested on Henry because they have a strong attackers already, let's not forgetting their young strikers. I hope they won't be the next Chelsea-like-team. :rolleyes:

Hey glad Arsenal lost, really don't like them. Totally preferred a Barca victory there.... but by the sounds of it Barca had some help with the officials, and I do hate to see officials contribute to results.... but unfortunately only in AFL do the mistakes of officials get overturned ;)

Lippo said:
Henry will be in a Barca shirt next season, if you cant beat em, join em ;)

Even though he has been linked quite heavily to Barca, I'm not so sure if he wants to move to Barca after this game.

Not because of Barca defenders keeps knocking him down with some unnecessary strong challenges, but I think it's rather because he knows he had a couple of chances to finish the game off for Arsenal and also for future prospects, this young Arsenal team isn't bad at all and this Champions League Finals performance proves it!

People, fans of Thierry or even Thierry himself may see by moving to Barca, it shows that he is actually quitting / giving up and taking the easy way out, which counter-clash with your comment, if you can't beat them, join them. :p

Seriously though, I can't see Henry moving. His loyalty and never give up attitude will bring him back down to earth.

C'mon Thierry, sign the extension for the team that adores you!!

BTW, ain't it strange that my football (Thierry Henry) & basketball (Allen Iverson) are in deep rumours of leaving their long-time team for next season? :rolleyes:

No way that Henry will want to join Barce really? They already have Ronaldinho, Eto (sp) and Larsson! Too many strikers if they get Henry!

^ That was Henrik Larsson last game with Barca mate. He is playing in a local Swedish league next year.

But for other forwards, Barca have Saviola (Loan), Messi, Giuly, Deco, Motta, Maxi Lopez & Exquerro.

Of course, some of the above that was named can play in the midfield as well.

Way too many forwards IMO!

Anyway, Henry will decide his future in the next few days, so keep your fingers crossed.

whoops! Clears egg off my face :) You will hate me mate but I support... wait for it!
Man Utd and Celtics!
I am going into hiding now ;)

Thierry Henry have decided he will stay at Arsenal for another 4 years, by signing a contract extension. That's my boy!!

He said Arsenal showed heart and he loves the fans, which persuaded him to stay. That's the best news I've heard this week and I'm delighted to hear that.

You're a legend Thierry!!

Back
Top Bottom