ESP Traders Young Guns - Recap

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Hi everyone,

Thought I would take a look back at what I think is a pretty decent set - 2013 Traders Young Guns. The cards are well designed, extremely hard to pull and we are starting to see some of the players featured being regular fixtures in first grade with a few being really good players.

Here is the checklist:

Young Guns
YG1.Lachlan Maranta - Brisbane
YG2.Josh Jackson - Canterbury
YG3.Edrick Lee - Canberra
YG4.Chris Grevsmuhl - North Queensland
YG5.Aiden Sezer - Gold Coast
YG6.Jorge Taufua - Manly
YG7.Mahe Fonua - Melbourne
YG8.Tyrone Roberts - Newcastle
YG9.Matt Ryan - Parramatta
YG10.Blake Austin - Penrith
YG11.Michael Lichaa - Cronulla
YG12.George Burgess - South Sydney
YG13.Nathan Green - St George
YG14.Roger Tuivasa Sheck - Eastern Suburbs
YG15.Carlos Tuimavave - Warriors
YG16.James Tedesco - Wests Tigers

When this was released quite a few of these players were unknowns....but fast forward on a year some of these players have established themselves as good players.

My top 5:

Roger Tuivasa Sheck
George Burgess
Tyrone Roberts
James Tedesco
Aiden Sezer

If you have any of these cards, please feel free to show them off!

Cheers
Matt

With this set being included in the elite series this year - does that mean last yr was it for the future stars series?

Nice cards these young guns are - wish I had have bought them when they were cheap.
Hopefully they don't come in the elite series this yr @ only 2 per case like last yrs traders

Hi everyone,

Thought I would take a look back at what I think is a pretty decent set - 2013 Traders Young Guns. The cards are well designed, extremely hard to pull and we are starting to see some of the players featured being regular fixtures in first grade with a few being really good players.

Here is the checklist:

Young Guns
YG1.Lachlan Maranta - Brisbane
YG2.Josh Jackson - Canterbury
YG3.Edrick Lee - Canberra
YG4.Chris Grevsmuhl - North Queensland
YG5.Aiden Sezer - Gold Coast
YG6.Jorge Taufua - Manly
YG7.Mahe Fonua - Melbourne
YG8.Tyrone Roberts - Newcastle
YG9.Matt Ryan - Parramatta
YG10.Blake Austin - Penrith
YG11.Michael Lichaa - Cronulla
YG12.George Burgess - South Sydney
YG13.Nathan Green - St George
YG14.Roger Tuivasa Sheck - Eastern Suburbs
YG15.Carlos Tuimavave - Warriors
YG16.James Tedesco - Wests Tigers

When this was released quite a few of these players were unknowns....but fast forward on a year some of these players have established themselves as good players.

My top 5:

Roger Tuivasa Sheck
George Burgess
Tyrone Roberts
James Tedesco
Aiden Sezer

If you have any of these cards, please feel free to show them off!

Cheers
Matt

Josh Jackson for 6th

YG13.Nathan Green - St George should be #16th because of his crap signature.

Great set to own in the future.
Majority of the young guns should go onto great careers.

Last edited:
Its a great list of players. Say what you want about ESP but it s***s all over any recent Top Prospects list.

Tyrone Roberts is the first Knights Young Gun/Top Prospect player that's managed more than 10 games of first grade since 2009! :lol:

Jorge Taufua is another one who's a gun. Edrick Lee is unfortunately out for the rest of this season with injury, but he's a top player as well.

i hate blake austin what a dud, rest of the sets turned out pretty good though

Lets get some predictions for the 2014 set happening,

For Titans Paul Carter would be a great option although he has probably missed out due to only just coming to the club.. Same goes for Christian Hazzard

Matt Beddow or Jahrome Hughes are the two most likely im thinking, Sam Irwin is also a chance

I guess it depends on what players they classify as young guns this year.

If it's the same as the future stars from elite last year I'd love to see a Dallin Watene-Zelezniak future stars card and if it's a young guns card I'd probably like to see Adam Docker as the pick. Matt Moylan would be another option.

Back
Top Bottom