ESP Elite 2015 Official Thread (Sell Sheet Page 44)

I see someone is already pre-selling the young guns...... Canterbury and Souths must be good players...... $200 BIN

Penrith player $165 BIN.......

To be fair he cancelled just his Young Gun sales from 2013 Traders. It seems to be getting built up to a 'he cancels every year' urban myth.
We all probably thought that those YGs would be one per box, none of us expected them to be as scarce and difficult to obtain as they were. He sold dozens at $30 each in pre-sales. I'm not trying to defend him just putting the info out there rather than having people stab in the dark. From what I hear ESP refuse to distribute to him now.

For me the philosophical question is ' should people have to guess what the product is when trying to run a business.' I get that certain parties are trying to protect others by eliminating pre-sales but to be fair as a consumer (well previously) getting prior info about the release and making a few pre-purchases was something I found pretty fun.

All in all, it looks like a fun release. I won't be collecting, but I'll probably bust a case for nostalgia (and tradebait for a Warriors mojo). Especially now that I can bust and sell at the same time as people based in Sydney.

Gotta say though, ESP continue to overwhelm with sheer volume of product, I predict 2-3 hard-core collectors will continue to drop out of the game every release at this rate; and there aren't too many hard-core collectors.

I'd say you're right there about collectors "dropping" out. Chasing the odd high end is expected and often embraced, but chasing numerous every year is a bit steep for normal folk to afford.

I think the sell sheet should be released well in advance. The only way this series goes bust is if the "jersey cards" are crap...... Or crap players....... They've definitely got the remaining inserts to tide them over anyway. Quality inserts count more to me than just inserts.

M

To be fair he cancelled just his Young Gun sales from 2013 Traders. It seems to be getting built up to a 'he cancels every year' urban myth.
We all probably thought that those YGs would be one per box, none of us expected them to be as scarce and difficult to obtain as they were. He sold dozens at $30 each in pre-sales. I'm not trying to defend him just putting the info out there rather than having people stab in the dark. From what I hear ESP refuse to distribute to him now.

For me the philosophical question is ' should people have to guess what the product is when trying to run a business.' I get that certain parties are trying to protect others by eliminating pre-sales but to be fair as a consumer (well previously) getting prior info about the release and making a few pre-purchases was something I found pretty fun.

All in all, it looks like a fun release. I won't be collecting, but I'll probably bust a case for nostalgia (and tradebait for a Warriors mojo). Especially now that I can bust and sell at the same time as people based in Sydney.

Gotta say though, ESP continue to overwhelm with sheer volume of product, I predict 2-3 hard-core collectors will continue to drop out of the game every release at this rate; and there aren't too many hard-core collectors.

Overwhelming is a good description, it will be near impossible for a Master set collector to complete this set, given the short run of so many cards and also difficult for team collectors as well.

I can confirm that this isn't the only pre-sale cancellation he has pulled, 2013 he listed both cases cards then reneged on them as well post release. If you want to take the advantage of pre-listing then you need to honour what it is you sell, I don't care if you say but I didn't know that is not an excuse, you take the good with the bad.

Ross

I'd say you're right there about collectors "dropping" out. Chasing the odd high end is expected and often embraced, but chasing numerous every year is a bit steep for normal folk to afford.

I think the sell sheet should be released well in advance. The only way this series goes bust is if the "jersey cards" are crap...... Or crap players....... They've definitely got the remaining inserts to tide them over anyway. Quality inserts count more to me than just inserts.

M
Your last sentence Mirren is spot on and ESP really need to listen.

Collectors can't afford to chase everything and there seems to be more of us getting out.

My issue is with the cost of this release, pretty hard to fork out those dollars when a lot of their product drops in value.

I'm starting to wonder if I am under valuing some of these cards, I mean I have had a look through and apart from the Jersey Signatures, which, depending on the players, I expect to be in the 5-600+ mark, I really dont see where everyone thinks the really expensive cards are going to be.

Now, I will preface this with the fact that I was out of the game the last year or 2 and have no idea how the market has perceived ESP card value, so my guesses could be way out... however, this is where I currently sit with average values of a collector that wants a full team set:

1x Complete base Set $15
9x Parrallel $1ea = $9
9x Parrallel Gold $2ea = $18
5x Elite Pennants $3ea = $15
2x 2014 Club Champions $5ea = $10
2x Young Guns $20ea = $40
2x Elite Quads $50 ea = $100
1x Young Gun Signatures $50
1x Ltd Edition MOJO Team Set $250 (this seems high to me, but a few people above seemed to agree around this)

Which including the MOJO is $507 total, without $257, of course this assumes the jerseys / all stars don't have anyone from your club.

Lets say a Rabbitohs set and assume 1 player in all of the higher end cards (obviously there might be more or less, but without names its hard to judge), and also a higher value on the low end cards due to the

1x Complete base Set $15
9x Parrallel $2ea = $18
9x Parrallel Gold $4ea = $36
5x Elite Pennants $7ea = $35
2x 2014 Club Champions $10ea = $20
2x Young Guns $40ea = $80
2x Elite Quads $60 ea = $120
1x Young Gun Signatures $70
1x Ltd Edition MOJO Team Set $300
1x Road to Final Jersey $250
1x Road to Final Jersey Signature $600
1x All Stars / Indigenous 2015 $150
1x Case Card $60

Total being $1754, $1154 without the Sig jersey.

I don't know maybe I am way off with pricing, obviously the market will decide that once the release hits, but I'm just feeling a bit confused on the comments around a team set for this series costing thousands....

I'm starting to wonder if I am under valuing some of these cards, I mean I have had a look through and apart from the Jersey Signatures, which, depending on the players, I expect to be in the 5-600+ mark, I really dont see where everyone thinks the really expensive cards are going to be.

Now, I will preface this with the fact that I was out of the game the last year or 2 and have no idea how the market has perceived ESP card value, so my guesses could be way out... however, this is where I currently sit with average values of a collector that wants a full team set:

1x Complete base Set $15
9x Parrallel $1ea = $9
9x Parrallel Gold $2ea = $18
5x Elite Pennants $3ea = $15
2x 2014 Club Champions $5ea = $10
2x Young Guns $20ea = $40
2x Elite Quads $50 ea = $100
1x Young Gun Signatures $50
1x Ltd Edition MOJO Team Set $250 (this seems high to me, but a few people above seemed to agree around this)

Which including the MOJO is $507 total, without $257, of course this assumes the jerseys / all stars don't have anyone from your club.

Lets say a Rabbitohs set and assume 1 player in all of the higher end cards (obviously there might be more or less, but without names its hard to judge), and also a higher value on the low end cards due to the

1x Complete base Set $15
9x Parrallel $2ea = $18
9x Parrallel Gold $4ea = $36
5x Elite Pennants $7ea = $35
2x 2014 Club Champions $10ea = $20
2x Young Guns $40ea = $80
2x Elite Quads $60 ea = $120
1x Young Gun Signatures $70
1x Ltd Edition MOJO Team Set $300
1x Road to Final Jersey $250
1x Road to Final Jersey Signature $600
1x All Stars / Indigenous 2015 $150
1x Case Card $60

Total being $1754, $1154 without the Sig jersey.

I don't know maybe I am way off with pricing, obviously the market will decide that once the release hits, but I'm just feeling a bit confused on the comments around a team set for this series costing thousands....

I think some of the prices will have to be more expensive as those prices may not even cover the cost of the cases purchased ....

If the larger sell don`t cover the cost of the cases I am sure they won`t open the cases just for the fun of it .....

Yes I am sure there will be people saying I am only saying this so to make more money but the price of the cases this year compared to the prices from previous years and the possibility of the disappointment with some of the inserts , some of this set will be a hard sell at some of the proposed prices ......

If you don`t cover the costs of the case you don`t pay the bills and without the cases opened the availability will be less .....

I have been collecting footy cards since 1982. Religiously collecting them - RL and cricket. There's never been a time when I wasn't hunting cards or stickers except in the 1998/99 post SL/post Dynamic world.

But this year, my faith has sorely been tested in regards to RL.

I don't even know if having made commitments to buy some Elite 2015 if I'm just doing it out of some misplaced loyalty to the hobby and going through the motions.

To be honest, if Elite 2015 didn't get released, I don't think it would bother me one single bit.

This is probably a very self-indulgent whine, and not reflective of the hobby at all, but for me, I think this is the end of my collecting RL cards as I do. I think it will be back to a couple of common sets and f*** the rest.

Sorry if I have brought this thread down.

I have been collecting footy cards since 1982. Religiously collecting them - RL and cricket. There's never been a time when I wasn't hunting cards or stickers except in the 1998/99 post SL/post Dynamic world.

But this year, my faith has sorely been tested in regards to RL.

I don't even know if having made commitments to buy some Elite 2015 if I'm just doing it out of some misplaced loyalty to the hobby and going through the motions.

To be honest, if Elite 2015 didn't get released, I don't think it would bother me one single bit.

This is probably a very self-indulgent whine, and not reflective of the hobby at all, but for me, I think this is the end of my collecting RL cards as I do. I think it will be back to a couple of common sets and f*** the rest.

Sorry if I have brought this thread down.
Think a lot are feeling the same way mate.

ESP are killing the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom