eBay and Paypal -The Big Loophole Scam plus ebay member syoung5599.

Re: eBay and Paypal -The Big Loophole Scam plus ebay member syoung5599. Sellers Bewar

I agree with you hairy, but as someone has pointed out, how does paypal know that Matt didn't send those cards that he received back in the 1st place? That's why they sided with the buyer, and that's what he needs to prove to win this.
Hope you sort it soon Matt, hate to see you lose put on this.

Because he has correspondence from the buyer saying that he received some but not all of the cards. I think the messages would be a bit different if he received those base cards... It's pretty obvious to everyone that what was received back was not what was sent out. That's the point.

Re: eBay and Paypal -The Big Loophole Scam plus ebay member syoung5599. Sellers Bewar

Because he has correspondence from the buyer saying that he received some but not all of the cards. I think the messages would be a bit different if he received those base cards... It's pretty obvious to everyone that what was received back was not what was sent out. That's the point.

yeah exactly, the original buyer complaint was that some were missing, not that he received the wrong cards. ebay has to communicate with paypal not paypal act separate and not see any of the item listing info. Which is why I uploaded all the info for their visibility anyway - item numbers, cost, scan of some of the cards, a scan of what I printed out after requesting buyer information through ebay, a screen capture from the video of the cards I actually received, a link to the video itself (as it was too big to upload directly to paypal res centre.
Anyway, I may have to ring them to get the point across soon but that still doesn't mean they are gonna reverse any decision as it's true what MandC Perth said, they don't wanna give up $200 to me because it could open the floodgates worldwide. That's why I need advice from the consumer competition guys, they may be able to help also by giving the loophole wide exposure.

---------- Post added 16-08-2011 at 01:40 PM ----------

this things happened to me about 3 months ago. i sold 3 letterman patch auto cards hear to a buyer here in australia. i forgot his username now. but he claimed with paypal that he never received the cards when i sent them with all the other cards i sold and everyone else received there cards but him. so i lost my cards and my money because he chose to pay for standard delivery. from now on anything over 50 will be sent via registered post from me.

Andrew, that is the whole problem within my case, I sent registered post to USA for $23 and still the buyer can claim that the cards were different/missing some and they will get a refund. You can't prove that that you did send them even when sending registered. Registered only covers you until they get to the buyer. See the big picture problem here, sellers are not protected!!!!

Keep the fight up Matt. There are obvious holes in their systems and they need to wake up to it.

I told you before man , Lodge with VCAT trust me they will squirm like all the hero's that go there before thinking they have it sown up, I have butchered Ford Motor Company over $10K , and many other Businesses in there .

Funny thing is prior to the hearings the other parties are such hero's thinking they have won with there crap but in the end my smile kills them when we walk out and i am the victor.

VCAT is a great place to get mediation , they don't care how big the companies are they just look for what was done and who is right simple and when they make an order they have to comply.

Trust me go over the heads and you will see the little no hopers that ring you trying to settle prior to the hearing , don't waste any more time you have followed there pathetic system and it has failed you miserably.

Just Ring Victorian Civil administrative tribunal and ask them to send you application forms , very easy to fill in and it costs $36 , they will contact Paycrud and someone will have to be present at the hearing or else they will rule in your favour if they don't turn up.

Good thing about it is no solicitors/lawyers allowed if you request none to be present for both parties so basically you get to thrash it out with an employee representing .

Since you are in NSW I am sure they have the same system there maybe with a different name , if you are serious about going them this is the way to do it the rest is a waste of time TRUST ME.

Hi Esko

Is VCAT session a private hearing? What would be matt's entitlement? Will it be the $200 less the application fee? I think going to VCAT is a good place to get a favourable ruling, but then paypal still needs to be exposed. After that, then go to media to expose loophole.

Im sure that alot of guys (including myself) would kick into help with any costs to take these guys on.

Hi Esko

Is VCAT session a private hearing? What would be matt's entitlement? Will it be the $200 less the application fee? I think going to VCAT is a good place to get a favourable ruling, but then paypal still needs to be exposed. After that, then go to media to expose loophole.

Yes it is a Private session , i am pretty sure you can't claim the application fee , but all other costs are claimable ( as long as receipts are in order) for postage etc, paypal fees , ebay fee's and whatever cost entitled due to this matter.
But most of all it's satisfaction to not let corporations walk all over you , i'll tell you this big companies do these things non stop because 90% will accept and move on but that 10% never let go and guess what justice does prevail and a lot of people are intimidated by the whole court system so the big companies try and push you away with there stupid policies that only suit the company .

It's there to be used just don't be scared .

Just saw the video and I'm disgusted, this is a huge issue and you should contact The Financial Ombudsman Service.

Correct me if I'm wrong but PayPal deal with other people's money which makes them a financial institution. The Financial Ombudsman Service would be the people to contact, If FOS operate the same way as The Department Of Fair Trading it's safe to say your in good hands based on my previous experiences with NSW Department Of Fair Trading.

Here's their site.

Home Page :: Financial Ombudsman Service

Keep us posted on the outcome and good luck mate.:v:

Dear Mr Wrightson

This is an automatically generated e-mail to confirm that we have received the dispute you submitted through our online dispute form. The details you submitted are provided below.

We will contact you again soon to provide you with a case number and further information about our dispute resolution process.

If you have any questions, please telephone us on 1300 78 08 08.

Yours sincerely

Financial Ombudsman Service

Fingers crossed for 1000 time lucky with the Ombudsman Matt and you get to talk to someone with more than 1/4 of a brain and they can get it sorted for you

Any one wanna chuck in a few KG's for matt. I know alot of people seem to have problems with paypal, but this case is way way over the top.

Im willing to send 2 KG jsy cards anyone with me???

Any one wanna chuck in a few KG's for matt. I know alot of people seem to have problems with paypal, but this case is way way over the top.

Im willing to send 2 KG jsy cards anyone with me???

Thanks for the offer Matt and I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not after any KGs at the moment, people on here have sent me my fair share of freebies during my time here so far.

---------- Post added 17-08-2011 at 10:28 AM ----------

Thank you for contacting the ACCC.

Where possible the staff of the ACCC Infocentre will phone and discuss your inquiry/complaint. This provides an opportunity to better understand your questions and provide a more useful response. The matters you have raised will receive attention by ACCC staff.

Keep on pushing Mr. Matt. Thank you for this thread, as a newbie this has helped open my eyes to the dark side of the industry.

someone on HK linked to this petition creation website Change.org

can anyone suggest good wording for the "what do you want them to do" section? Obviously changed the claim system to protect sellers better, but how can this be done and still protect buyers?

ACCC referred me to small claims court/tribunal stating terms and conditions entered into with paypal.
Looks like no help there! Still waiting on FOS. Will update.

Interesting part of their reply is:

It should first be noted that, broadly speaking, companies are free to set the terms and conditions of their contracts as long as they do not engage in misleading or deceptive conduct or misrepresent their service.

Would you consider it as a misrepresentation of service that sellers (and buyers) are protected? What is paypal's selling point?

Well here is from their webpage:

Find out more about PayPal
PayPal is Australia's favourite way to pay online^. It's a faster, easier and safer way to make and accept payments online and on your mobile phone. We'll remember and safeguard your BSB and account number, and your credit and debit card numbers so you won't have to type the details each time you buy online. And you can still choose which card you'd like to use every time. We also offer great Buyer Protection, and it's free to sign up too!

Should say It's an easy way to pay, and then screw them! Because we offer 100% safe buyer protection! You literally CANNOT lose! :kick:

RobinHoodBay.
Steal from the rich (legitimate), give to the poor (morally poor).

nothing worse then being honest & then u get done over. hope it works out for ya mate

Back
Top Bottom