eBay and Paypal -The Big Loophole Scam plus ebay member syoung5599.

GarnettFan4Life

Administrator
Real Name
Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
So I started this the other day by adding a buyer to the ebay blacklist thread but this has pissed me off so much I need to make my own thread here as this is the final straw for me, I will appeal the decision but still likely close my ebay and paypal accounts as they are simply too dishonest and don't protect the seller if a buyer knows loopholes.

3 JULY - Buyer to me: Can u make the invoice for an even 200 dollars USD so I can pay immediately. Thank u!

I do this even though it is an $8 loss on postage, I figure, fast payment no stuff around, get it done.

5 JULY - me to Buyer: Is there a delay in paying?

5 JULY - Buyer to me: I'm going to pay for the items this coming Friday for sure I had a minor mishap with someone not buying something they purchased from me this will not and I mean will not happen again. I will pay for the items guaranteed! Thank u!!!!!

5 JULY - me to buyer: please pay asap as I have them packaged up ready to send since you said you were paying immediately.

11 JULY - buyer to me: May I have the tracking number please?

12 JULY - me to buyer: Registered post was stated as $20 in the item auction listing and was actually $23. I didn't charge you enough but I covered the difference. Tracking is AUSPOST RQ023719245AU

21 JULY - buyer to me: I purchased 34 cards from you and all I received was 31 of them. The 3 that I'm missing is item numbers 170660194829 (Upper Deck SP GOLD KG) for 12.62, 180687500890 (SP All-Stars KG) for 99 cent, and 180687500526 (SP Championship KG) for 99 cent.

21 JULY - me to buyer: I packed all cards, went through the eBay list of your purchases as I went, they were all sent. And that was the last of my KG collection, there is none left, none laying around.

21 JULY - buyer to me: If you don't have the cards can u just refund me the 15 bucks to my Paypal acct at [email protected].

21 JULY - me to buyer: I'm not refunding you anything cause I sent you the cards!

21 JULY - buyer to me: okay

21 JULY - paypal claim opened, not as described - at first claims 5 cards (the expensive ones totalling $77) then he or paypal change it to the full amount of $200 less fees.

21 JULY - I scanned registered post receipt plus send through these email reference ID's where he clearly stated what cards and wanted $15 refund.

21 JULY - buyer leaves me negative feedback

21 JULY - I leave feedback warning other sellers

21 JULY - ebay removes the feedback within an hour

***Feedback Abuse***
The feedback comment contains statements that are of a sufficiently negative quality that it would be misleading or inaccurate for them to be associated with a positive rating.

The following feedback comment left from your account contains positve rating with negative comment:

no no no no no no no no no no no!!!!
RECOMMEND YOU TO NOT LET THIS BUYER BUY FROM YOU
SELLERS NEED PROTECTION TOO - WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK ON BUYERS!!
DO NOT LET THIS MEMBER BID ON YOUR AUCTIONS -- FAIR WARNING GIVEN
SAYS WILL PAY INSTANTLY FOR PURCHASE THEN TAKES A WEEK -- ADD TO YOU BANNED LIST
SAYS HASN'T RECEIVED XX CARDS THEN ADDS XXXX INTO PAYPAL CLAIM STAY AWAY!!!!
THE WORST BUYER YOU COULD GET ON EBAY!!
BUYER RECEIVES CARDS BUT ASKS FOR REFUND OTHERWISE OPENS A PAYPAL CLAIM!! BEWARE

To familiarise yourself with this policy, go to:

Feedback Abuse

For details on our other policies, go to:

eBay Policies Overview

In future, please refrain from this activity to avoid the possibility of having your eBay account suspended.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

23 JULY - paypal sides with buyer and says a full refund will be granted if they send back the cards. Account in negative balance.

PLEASE tell me how this is logical. ebay and paypal have ALL the info on how this buyer is avoiding the rules and yet still decides within 2 days on this??????

There is NO WAY for a seller to be covered unless they film themselves from the packing the cards point up to the postoffice and hand the cards over! This is ridiculous. I'm DONE with these 2 scammers, fuming right now.

4 AUGUST - received return package and filmed opening. Received a heap of base cards and toploaders a 0 KG cards. Sent link to paypal in appeal decision box.

6 AUGUST - paypal say the reason for the damage was the reason for the return in the first place and deny the appeal.

8 AUGUST - denied appeal

10 AUGUST - denied appeal

12 AUGUST - Police incident report filed and info faxed to paypal as requested by them stating Buyer Returned Wrong Item.

14 AUGUST - Paypal again denied the claim. :lol:

27 AUGUST - eBay suspends my account for feedback violations.
- FOS advises it is investigating claim, expect some sort of response in 21 days or so.

9 SEPTEMBER - Paypal gives me a refund (but seller gets to keep the money also). Says I need to provide more specific info next time :rolleyes:

25 SEPTEMBER - syoung5599 ( 276) Not a registered user

We are unable to process your appeal of this case. The supporting
documentation you provided did not sufficiently follow our guidelines and
was not received within the specified timeframe.

As a reminder, the guidelines stated that the supporting documentation must
be from an unbiased third party and must be on letterhead that includes the
name, address, and phone number of the individual, business, or
organization. This contact information is important because it gives us a
way to request additional information (if necessary).

We regret any inconvenience this has caused you and encourage you to work
directly with the buyer for further resolution.

eBay My World - syoung5599

List of cards stolen:

1995-96 Hoops Grant's All-Rookies #AR6 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 Flair Wave of the Future #3 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 SP Champions of the Court Die Cuts Kevin Garnett
1995-96 SP Champions of the Court #C16 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 Flair #206 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 Flair Class of '95 #R2 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 Ultra All-Rookies #3 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 SkyBox Premium High Hopes #HH10 Kevin Garnett
1995-96 SP #159 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 SP All-Stars Gold #AS28 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 SP All-Stars #AS28 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 SP Championship #62 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 Topps Gallery Photo Gallery #PG15 Kevin Garnett
1995-96 Topps Gallery #41 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 SP Championship Shots Gold #S9 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 SP Championship Shots #S9 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 Metal Tempered Steel #4 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 Finest Veteran/Rookie #RV5 K.Garnett/T.Gugliotta
1995-96 Finest #115 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 E-XL Natural Born Thrillers #5 Kevin Garnett
1995-96 E-XL Blue #49 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 E-XL #49 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 SkyBox Premium Lottery Exchange Kevin Garnett
1995-96 Fleer Rookie Phenoms #1 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 Stadium Club Draft Picks #5 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 Stadium Club #343 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 Upper Deck Special Edition Gold Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 Upper Deck Special Edition #136 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 Upper Deck Electric Court Gold Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 Player's Club Platinum #275 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 Collector's Choice Player's Club Kevin Garnett
1995-96 Ultra #274 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 SkyBox Premium #233 Kevin Garnett RC
1995-96 Hoops #272 Kevin Garnett RC

Re: Something Needs To Change - eBay and Paypal - The Big Scam

I know where you are coming from Matt, I gave up on ebay 18 mths ago, I still use paypal as its handy for this and other forums. Sellers being unable to leave negs for bad buyers was the last straw for me as well, so now I don't even use ebay to buy stuff. They can stick it right up there collective dates. How else can sellers know what a buyer is like when you cannot leave TRUTHFUL feedback? problem is for you here, what happens if buyer says he returned your cards and wants full refund? when really sends nothing back, if buyer is going to return cards they should be sent back registered to prove they were returned. Man I am getting angrier and angrier as I am typing this, GGGGGRRRRRRRR

Rob

I remember you being on ebay a while back, wondered where you went now I know!!!!

Paypal info says the buyer has to prove they sent the items back, what this means also, who knows!!

When leaving feedback you get a message that says something like "Thank you for leaving feedback, your input helps keep the community safe and informed". Well, how is it informed when the only thing you can leave as a seller is positive and all other is removed!!!!! :mad:

I have just left some more feedback, we'll see how long this takes to get removed.

Once ebay took away the ability for sellers to leave negative feedback things went down the ****ter!
basically the way things are set up, the buyer can always scam you and you just have to cop it on the chin...all ebay cares about is the money, any loyalty to customers doesnt seem to exist, i hear you Matt and you have been scammed big time....
i received a negateve ages ago because the retarded buyer couldnt read the description properly and once again ebay just said for both of us to work it out, by this time i was ready to jump on a plane go up to queensland and strangle the smart arse little f***er...
and i hate how people decide to make their own rules for when they feel like paying, i always state 5 days, give people an extra 2 then a reminder and then i lodge an unpaid item claim if i get totally ignored, then you usually get the payment about 4 days after the claim...so about 2 weeks to get a $5 payment...the system works so well!

Wow that sucks man. It seems more and more if your a buyer and just want to scam someone your are going to get away with it - and have paypal's blessing to do so. What a rip.

man that sucks matt :( ebay is definitely not seller friendly, despite charging us a billion different rates too!

If there are no sellers there is no buyers or seller fees, I don't see the point in an inaccurate feedback system. It's just being lazy, they don't want to work to solve all the negative feedback problems so they just cut it out!

yep. i dont sell on ebay. i buy on ebay because buyers are so protected you cant lose..

selling is done on ebay.. its ****ed..

that sucks matt. :(

Is their anyway just to refund the $15 now or is it all or nothing situation. You account is in negative. Does this mean they deducted the money before the buyer returned cards. So right now buyer has cards and money?

Maybe you could lodge a claim against him. When he returns the cards registered you can say not all cards were returned? Or you need to cop it on the chin?

My account is in the negative $$, he does not receive any money until he proves cards were "returned". It's one big circular FU-fest

I''ve stopped selling on Ebay because of members that have no moral compass and unfortunately they exist on this site also, Ebay is all about the buyer now and that started from 2008 with the feedback system. Retaliatory feedback was the change and since then things haven't been the same.

Your situation is a tough one and as you said it has come to the point where sellers will have to film themselves packing and posting items because of the scum that abuse the system, I know the following is a bit off your situation but as far as buying is concerned and getting people to pay on time I'd like to see the funds directly accessed from a buyers PayPal account as they win an item after all this is how they retrieve their fees from you. I also think Ebay members should have separate feedback ratings as buyers and sellers and maybe even a dispute process for feedback a bit like PayPal's dispute process, I know all this is unrelated but it's just a few ideas I've had regarding Ebay.

I hope this all ends well for you mate but but unfortunately when dealing with scum like this you have no chance, as long as Ebay receive their fees at the end of the day they couldn't care less.

Good Luck.:v:

My account is in the negative $$, he does not receive any money until he proves cards were "returned". It's one big circular FU-fest

Well that's bordering insanity. If you cant prove to paypal the cards have been sent then how is he going to prove the cards are returned. How about a common sense rule from ebay.

It makes sense to us, and probably to ebay, but basically they're saying, what the F are you gonna do about it we have a monopoly

Yep, when he sends the cards back you need to say that the item was not returned, he could send you a blank empty parcel and say he sent the lot!! How wold paypal know unless HE recorded, catch22....

Agree with Maso, there are scums everywhere and OCT is not spared. However there is a BIG difference between Ebay (& Paypal) and OCT. Ebay and Paypal makes money out of the transaction and therefore have a vested interest in that transaction. Thus if a transaction does go sour, I don't see why that lost money can't come out of the profits they make from successful transactions instead penalising either seller or buyer, and never themselves. On the other hand, OCT makes absolutely nothing from transactions and is run by people who loves the hobby. Bad transactions can still happen in OCT but at least the administrators here have some form of common sense and can apply discretionary measures. The last thing I want to hear when a transaction does go sour is an automated voicemail or email which has absolutely no personal touch. Nuff said.

Well BruntyBlue and Maso, welcome to the no selling on Ebay club, there are 4 of now. Cheers Alex

Well I must be the only buyer that got f**'ed on ebay.
All that aside, it comes down to the fact ebay got their fees they do no care about anything else.
Now if the system came down to the buyer paying the fees and ebay getting their money relied on the buyer paying after 'X' amount of days, then you would be sure that the ebay system would change.
All these big corporations have their stock standard replies to any enquiry, ask and they churn one ready made reply out to you.
Very sorry to hear about this Matt, hope it works out for the best in the end.

Feel sorry for you Matt that these things is stressing you so much. Now it makes sense in the changes in your avatar.

Buyer and Sellers should have equal right as one doesn't exist without the other.
I still can't believe on why there is a need for some people to scam other people. For a few bucks, some people will try scamming other people.
I guess its part of society wherever you want to look at it, there are always thieves lurking around and waiting for the opportunity to be greedy.

Makes me glad I can't use paypal.
Makes me sad that this fkr is scamming for $14 worth of a $200+ deal.

Knobhead doesn't deserve to even touch anything KG-related.

Sorry Matt, sucks that this happened to ya in the finale of your KG collecting era :(

Is their anyway just to refund the $15 now or is it all or nothing situation. You account is in negative. Does this mean they deducted the money before the buyer returned cards. So right now buyer has cards and money?

Maybe you could lodge a claim against him. When he returns the cards registered you can say not all cards were returned? Or you need to cop it on the chin?

from paypal

The buyer is required to provide tracking information confirming that they shipped the merchandise to you by 2 Aug 2011. If we don't receive this information, the claim will be closed and a refund will not be issued.

Back
Top Bottom