DissApointment

AJC

OzCardTrader
Real Name
AJC
As I can't afford to buy boxes so far I have bought 8 loose packets from 2 newsagents, for my 72 dollars I have got 2 gold parallels, I know some may take this as me whinging, but the point I am trying to make is this is my fav hobby, and as a low income earner esp have priced me out of the market,

I think quite a few collectors feel the same mate.

There are certainly some very positive attributes to this release and a few not so positive. Even if you buy a box you are not guaranteed a hit. Personally I am still not certain that the overall price rise is worthy of the actual product.

Unfortunately buying loose packets is a lottery in any release. You might go and buy two more and jag a mojo pack or a signature redemption and then you are well ahead. I hope that you do have a bit of luck with any future purchases because we all know that half the fun of the hobby is busting packets / boxes and getting that good hit!

I'm hearing you! I got 8 packets too, it hurt! Got three boxes, 1 all star. Two duds! The good news is, it put me off buying packs, and boxes! Now I'll just hunt them off ebay instead

The biggest problem is the price! $9 for a silver? And MAYBE a chance at something bigger? I had issues with the packets at $5! Now I really feel ripped! The boxes aren't even worth it! At $200+ instore... Only a jersey sig or a mojo will cover that... What a joke. I prefer elite 2014.

I'm out, I wont be buying a single pack. Secondey market for the cards I want only..... $9 pfffft. Who are they kidding. Today I bought a full common set for $10, why would I buy a pack for $9.

LOL. So you outlay $9 per pack. A silver is worth $1.50 tops and commons what.... 0.40c each, tops. That's makes your pack worth $4.40. Worse depreciation value than a new car.

I also bought eight loose packs for $72nzd and pulled these... It's all a gamble boys, don't give up :p

11909784_10206741794078667_648851014_n.jpg

Even if you are buying by the box and paying $200 for them, you can buy Young Gun Signatures for about $100, and the other hits like indigenous and quads for less. This means there are only really 2 boxes in a case of 10 which will give you any sort of value for money. The numbers just don't add up for me. I can go onto ebay and virtually buy all the cards I actually want for the price of a box

I agree that the product is over priced, particularly the loose packets but if you are buying boxes and loose packets for any release you rarely make your money back. Half the thrill of the hobby for me is breaking packets however I will be opening much less this year.

The $9 price tag on these more than likely opens the door for a price rise on next years traders. On the other hand, I spoke to Ryan James the other night... He is stoked with the big fat royalty cheque in the mail.

The $9 price tag on these more than likely opens the door for a price rise on next years traders. On the other hand, I spoke to Ryan James the other night... He is stoked with the big fat royalty cheque in the mail.
Wonder what cut the individual player gets on things like signature cards etc??

The biggest issue for me is the size of the set. That had already alienated a lot of collectors even before the cost factor came into it - then only more so. Sure, we can pump as much cash into loose packs or boxes as we are each able to afford, but we're never going to be able to put this set together like we have in previous seasons.
I'm very disappointed as well, and not a "sour grapes" type disappointment, I'm well aware of the lottery that loose packs throw up, I pulled a Traders signature earlier so I'm probably still ahead $$$-wise. But more of a feeling of being left behind, this is the first set that I've just lost interest in.
I think I could've forked out for a case like I have the past few years and still feel short changed.

I imagine they would be! I often think that when waiting in a two hr line for thurstons signature..... It must suck to just pump out endless autos for "nothing".. I know it's for the fans.. But still...... Any stranger can pull them up any time.... Have a chat and get a few sigs......

Amazing to hear all the different "luck" people have had during this release with so many ups and downs.

Id much prefer to be able to send cards i wanted signed to a players PO box or similar with a donation to themselves or charity rather than spend the money on ebay like i do now with limited chances to get to games

I sent money to thurston with cards to sign and he sent it back, but signed the cards. Lol. Since then, I send cards for me, and cards for him. Usually the exact same cards.

I bought two packets from the same box - the only one my local newsagent had (which they excitedly told me they got 'for me' because I'd bought a lot of PP for the kids there).

Anyway - two packs - exact same commons in both, 2 different silvers.

And considering I picked up my common sets of 161 cards for $8, I know I won't be buying any more packs now.

Alright, just to add insult to injury and against my better judgment, at the same newsagents, from the same single box they have busted (they assured me only have one box and packets aren't flying off the shelf), imagine my joy in securing a 2nd packet of the almost ( 2/3 of a packet ) same commons.

You wouldn't bloody read about it! FORTY bucks for a pennant and 3 silvers and doubles. LOL!!! This is the extent of my packet buying for ESP Elite 2015.

Never again.

I had the same s*** happen to me with Traders 2014.
Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 11.29.58 am.png

Back
Top Bottom