Quality online content

Hornso

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Sam
eBay User
hornso43
Thought this could be a good place to post any good pics/vids/pods/articles you find online about the hobby.

Way late but just found the Wax Museum podcast and am going through old eps & YouTube clips. Worth checking out, especially the lifers on here might enjoy it.

Old but can’t believe his Finals patch collection!

The famous collector Kimmy has joined instagram a few days ago - epic collection

A few cards I remember passing through hands on ozcardtrader at some stages too

4 days and 266 posts!

IMG_2457.jpeg

Last edited:
Not saying it was you guys but seeing if you remember a mail day or someone selling here. Maybe I just seen it sell at some stage or discussion about the logo patch and where it came from or something

Yes I have some very big concerns about the patch used in the card......not that its a gold logo patch but the actual patch material etc.

Ok here is something I was discussing with a fellow collector about this exact card.....

My main question around this one is that for the 96/97 season yes they had the gold logo on them......all good there.

What I haven't been able to find is Jordan wearing a white jersey/shorts/warm up or anything that has this type of material in the actual logoman patch.

So you look at the card and the patch has very close white stitching around the logo patch.

1692608119991.png

Then you compare it to the actual logos on the jerseys and shorts and anything else and thats where I cant find a match.

This below is from a Jordan game worn jersey auctioned off with great provenance - it has the mesh holes around the gold logo (inside the gold boundary of the logo patch)

1692607955625.png

This auction also had these MJ shorts in the same auction - as you can see in both examples both of the logo patches have the mesh jersey inside the logoman patch. The shorts image below is the clearest example.

1692608022664.png

While looking for other images I found a Luc Longley game worn jersey (black yes I know) auctioned from this season and you can see the material inside of the logoman is the jersey mesh as well.

1692607532706.png

Same with this Rodman game worn jersey logoman below.

1692607842490.png

Nor this Steve Kerr

1692610670225.png

I also had a look at game worn warm ups and there was a Ron Harper from this year auctioned off and the logos on the warm ups were the regular red/white/blue logos but with a 50th logo added on to the sleeve:

1692608474781.png

Also a pair of MJ pants which dont match either

1692608609142.png

Now I did find an image of Allen Iverson wearing a very early jersey in 96/97 that had a similar logoman to Jordan (with the sideways stitching on it) but I am yet to find a player on the Bulls who has had this type of logoman?

1692608847093.png

I found one image from pre season for MJ and its inconclusive to see what logoman type it is but it doesnt appear to be a thicker stitched on type?

1692607438076.png

Thought it may have been from the all star game......

But still mesh surrounding the logoman.

1692608934438.png

Exquisite is the only other card of MJ that has had the Gold Logoman.......

1692609236526.png

That exquisite Gold Logoman patch matches all of the other real game worn jerseys........ but the SP Game Used one here doesn't..

1692609297624.png

The only thing I could find that matched the patch was a cheap manufactured logo patch you can buy online.......i know the colours are different but the characteristics around the patch are very similar....

1692609435702.png

If you compare 4 of them together...... you can see the logo quality on the Exquisite card matches the game worn jerseys.....while the SPGU matches the manufactured patch.

1692610357302.png

Conclusions......

1. The SPGU patch is from a game worn Jordan item we cannot match to anything else that year including other players/teams and other game worn materials.
2. UD couldn't get any more MJ game worn logomen so they used whatever patch they could find.
3. Its a mystery that will never be solved.......... however I do have some real concerns about the SPGU card and the patch that was used in it.

Remember by this time UD was using the language "as certified to us as being game worn" which means someone told us it is, so if its not game used you cant blame us.

Anyway ive spent way too many hours on this and need a life! haha

Cheers
Matt

Back
Top Bottom