Crulio's Top 10 Michael Jordan Cards EVER

crulio

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ben
Wasn't sure where to put this but I was inspired by a recent mailday post where a guy here got the classic 93-94 ultra Michael Jordan Scoring Kings and felt I should post what I think are the top 10 Michael Jordan cards. I obviously didn't base this list on highest value but in terms of some of the cleaner, most popular jordan cards throughout time and a lot of these helped build the hobby, feel free to add your thoughts, crulio (p.s ive borrowed all of these scans, these aren't my cards, but I can wish :))

1. 86-87 Fleer Michael Jordan Rookie: A no Brainer, the best card in all of basketball

1mj.jpg

2. 92-93 Stadium Club Beam Team: This was really the first year that inserts were issued, I know there was some minor ones in previous years but this was the year where companies caught on and no set was better in 92-93 then stadiums beam teams

2mj.jpg

3. 93-94 Ultra Scoring Kings: One of the best looking inserts you'll ever see, they got it right early on and have been chasing their tails ever since

3mj.jpg

4. 92-93 Fleer Total D: Just a clean looking card and a favorite of mine because I got into the hobby when this was the hottest card in the market.

4mj.jpg

5. 93-94 Ultra All Defensive Team: tough to follow the first series scoring kings but the all defensive team is a classic, simple, clean look, great card.

5mj.jpg

6. 95-96 Flair Hot Numbers: First great card from the second coming of Jordan, 94-95 and 95-96 were disappointing years for collections with the majority of stuff coming out being trash (birth year of collections choice and cheap hoops grant hill insert sets) but this set was the stand out set from either year IMO.

6mj.jpg

7. 94-95 Finest Refractor: Gotta find a way to squeeze in the brief number 45 era and outside of the Ntense card (not a favorite of mine) this was his only other card worth having and worthy of the 7 spot, very nice clean card. Its much better then the 93-94 one which had an awful picture and hence ruined the card in my eyes.

7mj.jpg

8. 96-97 Topps Top Flight: Heres my wild card pick, a little known card from one of the lesser brands , but these rare retail pack only cards were clean and super hard to find, has a nice shot of mj on it and one of my favorite cards from that year

mj8.jpg

9. 97-98 Upperdeck Game Jersey: Talk about getting it right the first time, this was the first game jersey card released and the design is awesome, nice big swatch and its from an all star jersey to boot, just a great card (I know theres an autographed version to /23 but lets keep it fair here :))

9mj.jpg

10. 00-01 UD Ultimate Ultimate Signatures Silver: Had to find a way to get a signed card in here and its a goodie, from his wizards era, nice clean looking card, simple, nice shot of mj and clear big auto.

10mj.jpg

Hell yeah!!! Sweet list bro!!!

Love the whole list!!! Pretty much the exact 10 that would be on mine!!

Only thing missing is his 84/85 Star RC!!!!! haha!!

But number 10 is the one auto I desperately want of the man!!!

My fave auto set design of all time

Good to see another Gold Coast boy on the boards!!!!

That's pretty much my 90's top 10 list of MJ. Except you might want to add PMG or rubies.

BTW Great thread to support MJ. Love all those cards.

Back
Top Bottom