Real Name
Kyle Redenbach
eBay User
hotshot1717
Crowley, Didak face one-match bans

5:10 PM Mon 4 June, 2007 | Back

Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network
News

FREMANTLE'S Ryan Crowley and Magpie Alan Didak face a week's suspension after the match review panel assessed the weekend's matches.

Crowley was charged with bumping or making forceful contact from front-on against Simon Prestigiacomo during Friday night's match. The panel noted this particular charge is classified as body contact, as the rule covers for contact made to the head/neck or the body from front-on.

If Crowley accepts an early plea, he will be suspended for one match. If he decides to contest the charge at the tribunal and is found guilty, he risks increasing the penalty to two weeks.

Didak has been charged with charging Paul Hasleby. If he accepts an early plea, he'll be suspended for a week. He risks no increase in the penalty if he takes the charge to the tribunal.

Didak's teammate Brodie Holland has been given a $3300 fine for making negligent contact with an umpire. The Bulldogs' Jordan McMahon has been charged with the same offence. He faces a lesser fine - $2400 – because it's Holland's second offence.

The panel assessed other incidents from the weekend's matches which it deemed required no further action. They were:

The match day report laid against Port Adelaide's Justin Westhoff for charging Hawthorn's Clinton Young. The panel believed Westhoff was running in from the side to a marking contest and had his eyes on the ball until a split-second before contact was made. At that moment, when the player realised contact was unavoidable, Westhoff turned to protect himself.

Contact between the Kangaroos' Blake Grima and West Coast's Matt Priddis from the fourth quarter of Saturday's match was reviewed. The panel said that Grima was running back with the flight of the ball and, in an attempt to spoil, made contact with Priddis' shoulder area. It was considered to be a legitimate attempt to spoil.

The panel said while Ryan O'Keefe's lower arm made contact with Jason Winderlich's head during Sasturday's Sydney-Essendon clash, the action was a legitimate attempt to spoil, given the close proximity of the ball.

Contact between Richmond's Will Thursfield and the Brisbane Lions' Jonathon Brown was reviewed. Thursfield was running back with the flight of the ball and had his eyes on the ball with the intention of spoiling the marking player. A collision with Brown was unavoidable and as he jumped into the air, he turned to protect himself.

The panel looked at contact between Hawthorn's Lance Franklin and Port Adelaide's Shaun Burgoyne. The panel said Burgoyne attempted to gain possession and, in doing so, turned his back to Franklin. Contact was made to Burgoyne as he turned away. The panel said Burgoyne's actions contributed to the contact and therefore the incident was not deemed reportable.

he's got enough victories and medals from anzac days, not to mention 2 grand final medals (not to mention 1 bog medal).. i think he's got enough in the cupboard to be happy about..

dont worry mate.. i'm sure you'll win it this year.. im backing you all the way

he's got enough victories and medals from anzac days, not to mention 2 grand final medals (not to mention 1 bog medal).. i think he's got enough in the cupboard to be happy about..

dont worry mate.. i'm sure you'll win it this year.. im backing you all the way

you should be backing essendon to go all the way, after all Lloyd did say earlier in the season that he thinks essendon will finish top 4. :lol:

But Didak does deserve a week, because there was no need for what he did.

Lloyd is a tool.. don't listen to that prick.. I have to be the only essendon fan that doesn't like him all that much..

and of course I'd love for Essendon to go all the way, but don't see it happening.. though would give anything for an ess/coll elimination final

nothing in that,but how does goodes get away with doing what he did to hird,i am a bombers man,but he did it a few weeks back against godfrey from the demons as well!

hes a knob

cheers:wave:

Back
Top Bottom