COMC Mailbox Thread

The only time I've had that come up, it was an in person auto. So maybe the set isn't supposed to be signed but someone got him to hand sign it? Or maybe it is supposed to be signed and it's just a comc stuff up

Yeah ok, must be a COMC mess up because it's a sticker auto and found it on Beckett (http://www.beckett.com/basketball/2006-07/sp-game-used-patches-autographs/110-tyson-chandler-5732696).
I was just worried that it must of been the patch because it's the actual Bull logo so thought it may have been too good to be true. Thanks for the info man!

@Moe@COMC

Could you please try and discuss with the Mailbox team if it is possible to upgrade the quality of the pictures taken when the cards come in.

Today i received my eagerly awaited package with cards i had sitting in my mailbox from the last 2,5 months.
And one of my biggest fears became reality.
I had bought a really nice card for my Bradley Beal PC (a true cornerstone addition to my collection).
Bought this card of eBay and only had a scan of the front of the card, but looked pretty good.
Card was uploaded to my COMC mailbox and checked the scan of the front and back and nothing seemed wrong.
But when i got the card in today, the back of the card is badly cringed and dented.

Since i only request shipments every 2 or 3 months the time to file a complaint with eBay has already passed. Wouldnt have mattered because based on the scans of comc i left positive feedback (bought from that eBay seller before with no issues). Especially on such high value cards (this one costed me $225), it would be really helpfull if we could really judge a cards condition from good scans and be able to work out any problems with a seller before getting this stuff shipped back to us.

If i had sold this card through COMC to another member, i dont think they would have been to happy either?

Its my risk for buying a card without a scan of the back of the card, so im not blaming COMC in any way. It would just help enormously to spot this kind of damage earlier with better quality COMC scans.

This is the front of the card (own pic):

Here is the back scan from my COMC inventory:

And now the back of this card (my own pic):

When i take another close look at my inventory scan i might see a tiny spot above the word Inc. on the card. But nowhere near the damage it actually has is visible.

Could you please forward my request for better scans to the mailbox team?

@Moe@COMC

Could you please try and discuss with the Mailbox team if it is possible to upgrade the quality of the pictures taken when the cards come in.

Today i received my eagerly awaited package with cards i had sitting in my mailbox from the last 2,5 months.
I had bought a really nice card for my Bradley Beal PC (a true cornerstone addition to my collection).
Bought this card of eBay and only had a scan of the front of the card, but looked pretty good.
Card was uploaded to my COMC mailbox and checked the scan of the front and back and nothing seemed wrong.
But when i got the card in today, the back of the card is badly cringed and dented.

Since i only request shipments every 2 or 3 months the time to file a complaint with eBay has already passed. Wouldnt have mattered because based on the scans of comc i left positive feedback (bought from that eBay seller before with no issues). Especially on such high value cards (this one costed me $225), it would be really helpfull if we could really judge a cards condition from good scans and be able to work out any problems with a seller before getting this stuff shipped back to us.

If i had sold this card through COMC to another member, i dont think they would have been to happy either?

Its my risk for buying a card without a scan of the back of the card, so im not blaming COMC in any way. It would just help enormously to spot this kind of damage earlier with better quality COMC scans.

When i take another close look at my inventory scan i might see a tiny spot above the word Inc. on the card. But nowhere near the damage it actually has is visible.

That's insane, looks like it happened after the photo was taken by comc

That's insane, looks like it happened after the photo was taken by comc

Yeah it def does. Also I thought the team was meant to list obvious faults too, so you can then take it up with ebay sellers etc.

Im not sure. Card was shipped by the seller to comc in a one-touch magnetic, kept by comc in this one-touch, and shipped to me in the same one-touch.
If you look closely at the inventory scan, where it say by Panini America, Inc. Right above Inc. you can see a tiny spot of the damage which looks to be in the same place as the damage visible on my own scan.

Wasnt notified of any damage to this card. Hence my question for better scans. Because i feel really gutted to get such a nice card in with the back this badly damaged! :cry:

Im not sure. Card was shipped by the seller to comc in a one-touch magnetic, kept by comc in this one-touch, and shipped to me in the same one-touch.
If you look closely at the inventory scan, where it say by Panini America, Inc. Right above Inc. you can see a tiny spot of the damage which looks to be in the same place as the damage visible on my own scan.

Wasnt notified of any damage to this card. Hence my question for better scans. Because i feel really gutted to get such a nice card in with the back this badly damaged! :cry:

Did you take the card out of the 1 touch? Because the card is in different ways in the pics.

Yeah it def does. Also I thought the team was meant to list obvious faults too, so you can then take it up with ebay sellers etc.

That may be it too, I only had it once for an auto but they probably do it for suss patches also

To me, there is evidence of damage prior to the COMC photo - it's above the 'Inc' text. You would have to be a genius to notice the damage in the photo provided by COMC as I myself don't usually run a fine-toothed comb over the COMC photos of mail delivered.

COMC are very good at outlining damage to cards when arriving in the mailbox so I can then action it further with the eBay seller.

Hi guys I have a quick question that some of you may have an answer to or maybe @Moe@COMC may know. I bought a Tyson Chandler patch card on eBay which has a very nice patch and had it sent to COMC, but today I've noticed after the 'submission process completion' that on the listing of the card it has the following:

2006-07 SP Game Used Edition Authentic Fabrics Autograph Patch #110
Tyson Chandler [Must Be Authenticated] #8/10

Does anyone know what the 'Must Be Authenticated' part means? Could it be a fake patch?

If you could look it up @Moe@COMC that would be awesome...my username is vivo1987.

I checked with the Identification team, and the phrase they used was "Too good to be true" - meaning that if you check other cards in that set that are marked to /10, they have some jersey fabric as well as some patch showing in the window - but to see something that is all patch, that's usually only something more exclusive, or even a 1/1. I hope this helps.

@Moe@COMC

Hi, thanks for the feedback - I'll pass it along.

Hi, thanks for the feedback - I'll pass it along.

i definitely agree with BigAl83 better scans are necessary.... the same thing has happened to me but luckily not on cards with that kind of value.
It's not COMCs fault at all, but being the middle man for ebay, which is pretty much what a lot of international users would use you for, i think some kind of part grade
like (damaged, poor, ok, good, like new)
im sure this has happened to a lot of members and then we cant do anything about it with the ebay seller!

thanks Moe

I checked with the Identification team, and the phrase they used was "Too good to be true" - meaning that if you check other cards in that set that are marked to /10, they have some jersey fabric as well as some patch showing in the window - but to see something that is all patch, that's usually only something more exclusive, or even a 1/1. I hope this helps.
Champion mate, thanks heaps appreciate it!

Is there any process to find a card which has been sent to "my" comc mailbox from an ebay seller two and a half weeks ago, yet hasn't been added to my account? could it have gone to someone elses box?

Is there any process to find a card which has been sent to "my" comc mailbox from an ebay seller two and a half weeks ago, yet hasn't been added to my account? could it have gone to someone elses box?
hey mate,

maybe the seller you purchased it from left your comc name out of the address or it was written unclear.... this has happened to me before when using comc mailbox.
Moe should answer back by tuesday as it will be monday in the states and im sure he will sort it out for you. He traced down my missing card (which was sent with no username) and was added to my account the next day. I think they put aside unclear packages until someone lets them know.

You should be fine dont stress! especially with it being numbered. let us know what happens mate.

regards

Yep Moe and the team found is for me, many thanks. Seller had left the user name off as you said. I let the seller know about the having to add username so I'm sure ol mate won't make the same mistake again. He was a good seller too very responsive

does anyone know how long the comc grading submission takes? its only been a week since i requested but was hoping i get a review soon so i know to keep the card or send it back cause it was advertised on ebay as 'like new' but looked far from it in the comc scans.

does anyone know how long the comc grading submission takes? its only been a week since i requested but was hoping i get a review soon so i know to keep the card or send it back cause it was advertised on ebay as 'like new' but looked far from it in the comc scans.

HI, the COMC Condition Review usually takes a week or so, sometimes they get it done sooner. If you'e waiting longer than that, just send an email to [email protected] and I can forward it to the review team for you.

Back
Top Bottom