graham

Site Admin
Real Name
Graham
eBay User
ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
Something that seems to have slipped under the radar recently is the announcement of a Mailbox service by COMC (as discussed in another thread here). You can have cards you purchase on ebay or elsewhere sent to COMC and they will open your packages, take a photo and then process them and put them into your COMC account. From there, you can either resell them, hold them there or get them shipped to you in Australia.

http://blog.comc.com/2013/05/17/announcing-the-comc-mailbox-service/

Today I got my first package delivered to COMC - they sent this photo as confirmation of what was received.

13.38.47.8533133.jpg

They then keep it in your mailbox and after a month they will add it to your account. OR alternatively, you can ask them to process it immediately. There is a $5 minimum processing fee, so best hold onto them until you have a few more cards.

I also personally use this... Also received first items to my mail box (Christened with a PC 1/1 :) )

The money that you can save will make up for the falling Aussie... Can also buy "lots" now and more case shares and sell on COMC.... woo hoo!

Love it so far.... The hassle with borderlinx (delivery, keeping track of cards sent with no tracking number, fear of lost/damaged cards due to the repacking and multiple parcels you receive) was killing it for me....

Irony is.... I am waiting on my last borderlinx delivery and in that is half a dozen cards from COMC sent before I found out about this.... Including a VBrown /5 Letterman auto... I'm a little fucking nervous now it's gonna fall out or get damaged....

Maybe put this thread in the Basketball section as well so more people see it..... This is massive news for the Aussie collector

COMC sounds so much better than Borderlinx, I have 20+ items ready to go from Borderlinx but 4 items still missing which I'm discussing their whereabouts with them. Some of the cards arrived with an invoice & tracking and they still managed to lose them, these 4 items are big pc additions which makes this even worse.

My tracking info shows that they were delivered but apparently nothing has arrived, i'll be out of pocket hundreds of $$$:mad:

I will be ditching Borderlinx and using this service from now on, It looks great and I love the fact that they take photos.

Thanks for this Graham. Been having heaps of problems with those clowns at Borderlinx - about to send out my last shipment and never use again. Was wondering what I was going to do now so definately going to give this a go!

whoah nellie! So if I read that blogpost right (thanks mods!) instead of doing what I'm doing at the moment,
which is accrue 20 parcels at borderlinx, and then have them sent out at a cost of about $90-100,
I can send 20 (or more) to COMC , tell them to only open them monthly at a cost of .50 per package ($10),
then ship all of them to me for their normal shipping fees of $3? Thats a huuuge saving if so!

whoah nellie! So if I read that blogpost right (thanks mods!) instead of doing what I'm doing at the moment,
which is accrue 20 parcels at borderlinx, and then have them sent out at a cost of about $90-100,
I can send 20 (or more) to COMC , tell them to only open them monthly at a cost of .50 per package ($10),
then ship all of them to me for their normal shipping fees of $3? Thats a huuuge saving if so!

With 20 parcels worth of cards I probably wouldn't go the $3 option and running the risk of them going missing uninsured/tracked but even with $25 shipping it's still a decent saving vs Borderlinx and you don't have to deal with DHL and trying to organise delivery bc Im never home during delivery and I don't want 20 parcels rocking up to work especially if Im out of the office

This is just my opinion but I say stay away from Borderlinx, I'm just clearing out my suite and it has cost me just over $200. I haven't incurred any extra storage fees and this is just the standard shipping option.

The lost cards I previously mentioned have been lost for good and they have wiped their hands clean of this situation.

COMC here I come.

Hey, all. Jeremy from COMC here. We're really exited about the new Mailbox service and folks are finding even more ways to use it than we originally guessed. We've hardly announced it and we've had over two dozen users jump on it already which is really encouraging. I wanted to poke my head in here to answer any questions or give any clarifications I could if that would be helpful.

A couple things: the mailbox is great but unfortunately isn't "too good to be true" - our $3 flat-rate shipping is exclusively for items purchased on COMC.com and so Mailbox items aren't eligible. We will let you pay for shipping with store credit and we're still figuring out how to declare values for insurance and duties (so suggestions are welcome - a user suggestion is what led to the creation of this service!) We want this to be a great tool for everyone so we're eager to hear your ideas and feedback on how you'd like to use it.

Currently the service works like this: 1) we receive a package - from anyone - addressed to your COMC username's Mailbox; 2) we open the package (on camera) and take photos of the contents and send the pics to you for confirmation; 3) you decide if you want us to start processing those cards into your COMC account right away ($0.50/item, $5 minimum) or if you want us to ship the items to you at normal shipping rates. You have one month to decide / wait for more packages to arrive in your Mailbox. After a month, we automatically move ahead with processing whatever is in your mailbox - however many items we've received in that month will get processed all together for $0.50 each and will be up in your account a week later.

So if you have several auctions you've won that you would like shipped in one package all together, you can wait a week or two for everything to arrive to your COMC Mailbox and then let us know to mail it to you. If you process items into your COMC account you can keep them there indefinitely with no storage fee if the items aren't for sale and/or are for sale for $0.75 or less.

Thanks very much,
Jeremy, COMC

If someone has time could you please let me know how to set up ebay so i can choose to have cards that only ship to the US go to my comc account. Thanks in advance.

If someone has time could you please let me know how to set up ebay so i can choose to have cards that only ship to the US go to my comc account. Thanks in advance.

Go into My Ebay- > Account ->Addresses and add the COMC Mailbox as a shipping address.

I added it as my primary address, and just have to remember to change it before checking out when I want to get something sent to my AU address.

Ebay forced me to put this address in, and it seems to have worked (and the parcel arrived in my COMC mailbox without any issues)

COMC.com Mailbox
6727 185th Ave NE
C/O YOUR COMC USERNAME
Redmond WA 98052-5037
United States
s.gif

Currently the service works like this: 1) we receive a package - from anyone - addressed to your COMC username's Mailbox; 2) we open the package (on camera) and take photos of the contents and send the pics to you for confirmation; 3) you decide if you want us to start processing those cards into your COMC account right away ($0.50/item, $5 minimum) or if you want us to ship the items to you at normal shipping rates. You have one month to decide / wait for more packages to arrive in your Mailbox. After a month, we automatically move ahead with processing whatever is in your mailbox - however many items we've received in that month will get processed all together for $0.50 each and will be up in your account a week later.

Hi Jeremy

Just to clarify, there's a charge for processing cards in your mailbox (minimum $5) and once they are processed they are available in your inventory on COMC OR you can choose not to list them in your inventory and ship them to yourself ?

Can we ship mailbox cards to ourselves with other cards we've purchased on COMC ?

Is there a surcharge for graded card processing in the mailbox or is it a flat rate 50c ?

Graham

Is there a surcharge for graded card processing in the mailbox or is it a flat rate 50c ?

Answered my own question on this one

Graded cards will not incur an additional $5 minimum fee if they are processed at the same time as standard cards, although they will be billed at the regular oversized item processing rate of $2.00/item for One Week or $3.00/item for One Day.

Go into My Ebay- > Account ->Addresses and add the COMC Mailbox as a shipping address.

I added it as my primary address, and just have to remember to change it before checking out when I want to get something sent to my AU address.

Ebay forced me to put this address in, and it seems to have worked (and the parcel arrived in my COMC mailbox without any issues)

COMC.com Mailbox
6727 185th Ave NE
C/O YOUR COMC USERNAME
Redmond WA 98052-5037
United States
s.gif

I noticed their blog only has 98052 as the post code, do you need 5037 as well?

Hey, all. Jeremy from COMC here. We're really exited about the new Mailbox service and folks are finding even more ways to use it than we originally guessed. We've hardly announced it and we've had over two dozen users jump on it already which is really encouraging. I wanted to poke my head in here to answer any questions or give any clarifications I could if that would be helpful.

A couple things: the mailbox is great but unfortunately isn't "too good to be true" - our $3 flat-rate shipping is exclusively for items purchased on COMC.com and so Mailbox items aren't eligible. We will let you pay for shipping with store credit and we're still figuring out how to declare values for insurance and duties (so suggestions are welcome - a user suggestion is what led to the creation of this service!) We want this to be a great tool for everyone so we're eager to hear your ideas and feedback on how you'd like to use it.

So if you have several auctions you've won that you would like shipped in one package all together, you can wait a week or two for everything to arrive to your COMC Mailbox and then let us know to mail it to you. If you process items into your COMC account you can keep them there indefinitely with no storage fee if the items aren't for sale and/or are for sale for $0.75 or less.

Thanks very much,
Jeremy, COMC

Jeremy, this is a brilliant initiative for overseas collectors, I hope you are prepared for almost every international collector possibly signing up... I was really getting frustrated with the hobby mainly due to shipping hassles and this just potentially solves all my problems and even opens up some possibilities not possible previouslym like buying "lots" to flip to raise a bit of spending money and I already have a cpl on the way.... Not to mention the savings on shipping compared to Borderlinx

Much appreciated =D>

Back
Top Bottom