COMC Mailbox Thread

Does anyone still use this? I loved it when it first came in but now I am not seeing any value in continuing to use the service. Is there any alternatives available which don't include a Borderlinx type service as they have been even more expensive in the past.

Yep I still use it and love it. Huge value in it. The only thing changing the price structure did was mean I'm not sending $1 base or inserts there anymore. Instead waiting for those to become available on the site by others.

I just got my first package and couldn't be more pleased, however even with rapid service it was slow.

Does anyone still use this? I loved it when it first came in but now I am not seeing any value in continuing to use the service.

Still use it but not so much anymore. Was averaging over 300 cards a month, only around 100 cards in the past month since the new fee structure has been in place. Over the coming month, I expect that number to be even lower. So in a nutshell, while customer service is still top notch, I must agree the service isn't as valuable as it used to be economically.

I just got my first major comc mailday in yesterday (will post a thread in the mailday section soon :cool:)

But i can say that it will probably also be my only big comc mailday. Already am using it much less than before because of the increased fees.

Plus im also not that happy with how they follow up on requests.
I send seperate emails for 3 or 4 high-end cards to keep them in the Original one-touch the seller send them in. I notified them that i would be getting them shipped to me and wasnt selling them on the site, they would forward it to the mailbox department.
I got charged for the usual toploaders, but was absolutely dismayed that 2 of these high-end cards were just loose in box!! :mad:
Definitely not in the Original one-touch, not even in a toploader, no they just put a $200 cards in a penny sleeve and threw it in the box!!
Im very fortunate that so far i havent seen any damages, but i just cant understand why a business that solely deals with cards would take that much risk with such valuable items! :red:

Am very interested to see if other users of the mailbox service did receive some of their cards in their Original one-touch? But from the looks of it they dont send in one-touch even if you specifically ask for it.
Also very displeased that i was charged toploaders for around 40 cards (while all cards send to comc come in toploaders anyway :whistle:) only to find that at least half of the cards were just dropped in the box in a penny sleeve and team bag without any toploaders!!! :mad:
Even though i didnt like it i accepted the fact i get charged for toploaders even though the cards were already in toploaders, but to get charged for something and then half of it not being there is just not ok.

I just got my first major comc mailday in yesterday (will post a thread in the mailday section soon :cool:)

But i can say that it will probably also be my only big comc mailday. Already am using it much less than before because of the increased fees.

I send seperate emails for 3 or 4 high-end cards to keep them in the Original one-touch the seller send them in. I notified them that i would be getting them shipped to me and wasnt selling them on the site, they would forward it to the mailbox department.
I got charged for the usual toploaders, but was absolutely dismayed that 2 of these high-end cards were just loose in box!! :mad:
Definitely not in the Original one-touch, not even in a toploader, no they just put a $200 cards in a penny sleeve and threw it in the box!!
Im very fortunate that so far i havent seen any damages, but i just cant understand why a business that solely deals with cards would take that much risk with such valuable items! :red:

Am very interested to see if other users of the mailbox service did receive some of their cards in their Original one-touch? But from the looks of it they dont send in one-touch even if you specifically ask for it.
Also very displeased that i was charged toploaders for around 40 cards (while all cards send to comc come in toploaders anyway :whistle:) only to find that at least half of the cards were just dropped in the box in a penny sleeve and team bag without any toploaders!!! :mad:
Even though i didnt like it i accepted the fact i get charged for toploaders even though the cards were already in toploaders, but to get charged for something and then half of it not being there is just not ok.

Since the new price rate came in, everything that goes in via a one touch has left in a one touch for me. Same if it comes in via a toploader, or *gulp* with no protection. You CAN however remove these without meaning to (I've done this once myself) and only worked out later that it was my fault, by clicking a button in error at the checkout stage.

Yeah I had the same happen to me with my last shipment 11 cards I paid for toploaders and only 2 came in toploaders, rest were unprotected and was lucky only one was damaged. Moe from COMC did sort it out for me but had a few more expensive cards in this shipment and stressed my worries to him about them.

Just been to the Post Office to pick up a parcel, wasnt sure what it was as hadnt ordered anything of late that would mean Large Parcel was ticked on the delivery card.
Well well! I had accumulated over about 7-8 months all my purchases on COMC via both the Mailbox service and site buys, and it had gotten to a whopping 437 items, so decided after selling a Flawless David Robinson that that could fund paying for the postage to get this thing here. Requested shipment on 21st March, less than a week ago, and here it is, with missed delivery from yesterday, 26th March. 5 days! It was taped with Air Express from USA, and I couldnt fault the timeliness or packaging of this service..
I paid just the normal level of postage too btw.

Here's a few pics, mailday will follow when I eventually sort this motherload out!
20140327_093446.jpg

20140327_093850.jpg

20140327_094648.jpg

20140327_094754.jpg

20140327_094938.jpg

20140327_094840.jpg

That's an impressive mailday! Will see the mailday after 54 weeks of scanning? :p

Unfortunately, I too continue to be a constant victim of the 'pay for top loaders but we don't give a stuff and will send them without' setup. What really gets me is it has to be a fully intentional directive (it can't be a mistake when happens most of the time). Also would have appreciated a little bit of warning about the site maintenance - an email on the day is not what I deem as adequate.

Other than this, pretty much love everything else about it :thumbsup:

Since we are forced to use the premium processing service, do we get a reimbursement if cards are not processed by the due date?

I understand the site is being transitioned but to me that's no excuse.

I'm annoyed at the fact that selected a priority service which cost me a fair but more considering there was like 70+ cards mailed and they shipped it via regular first class.
I've already contacted them asking for a refund on the difference but still cards should have been here already BUT there not even in Australia.

I think u guys need to tighten up ur shipping team as there has been one to many errors.
When we select top loaders we want top loaders otherwise why make it a option and charge us!
We select it for extra protection on cards!!

Since we are forced to use the premium processing service, do we get a reimbursement if cards are not processed by the due date?

I understand the site is being transitioned but to me that's no excuse.

Hi, if we miss a due date, you will get a partial refund on the processing fees. That's always been the case, and isn't going to change just because of the delays caused by the transition.

I'm annoyed at the fact that selected a priority service which cost me a fair but more considering there was like 70+ cards mailed and they shipped it via regular first class.
I've already contacted them asking for a refund on the difference but still cards should have been here already BUT there not even in Australia.

I think u guys need to tighten up ur shipping team as there has been one to many errors.
When we select top loaders we want top loaders otherwise why make it a option and charge us!
We select it for extra protection on cards!!

Hi,

Did you call or email us on this? Drop me a line at [email protected] and we'll get this worked out.

Hi, if we miss a due date, you will get a partial refund on the processing fees. That's always been the case, and isn't going to change just because of the delays caused by the transition.

Thanks for your response Moe.

That is definitely good to know.

Will the refund by automatically put back into the account or do we need to request for it?

How long do you envisage it will take for the COMC site to be usable again?

For instance, there is a LOT of information missing (only looking at basketball) and searches are absolutely useless right now.

Some cards do not even have player names.

How long do you envisage it will take for the COMC site to be usable again?

For instance, there is a LOT of information missing (only looking at basketball) and searches are absolutely useless right now.

Some cards do not even have player names.

As Tim says in the latest COMC Blog entry:

"We expect to have player and team search functionality fully restored by the end of April. "

So, the next few weeks will be a little rough, but things will get better sooner than later.

Hi Moe, are you guys running a lot behind schedule at the moment? It's just I have a few cards awaiting processing that are a fair bit over there due date.

Processing Status
Batch Progress Due
881831 0 % 4/2/2014
883399 0 % 4/2/2014
883578 0 % 4/3/2014
884397 0 % 4/8/2014
884631 0 % 4/8/2014
886072 0 % 4/10/2014

Back
Top Bottom