Collingwood 2007 Offical Season Thread.

The fact is I am sure at this point in time as the season stands you would admit Hawthorn is further progressed than Collingwood.

I know you guys are a better team at this point of the season, thats for sure. You look at the ya list of main players players they all range in between 20-28 thats when they reach their best form, fitness and have great experience in the game.

Our guys are 1 to 2 years away from that. With a few older guys still needing to be cleaned out. Im not giving up on the season dont get me wrong, but im not holding my hopes to high either.

I know you guys are a better team at this point of the season, thats for sure. You look at the ya list of main players players they all range in between 20-28 thats when they reach their best form, fitness and have great experience in the game.

Our guys are 1 to 2 years away from that. With a few older guys still needing to be cleaned out. Im not giving up on the season dont get me wrong, but im not holding my hopes to high either.

LOL cannot just say we're better have to justify why LOL

But I hear what you're saying. I just might add we have mroe heart at the moment. heart is all you need to beat Richmond.

How is that Pie?? SHould not have ever lost to Richmond even Hawthorn who apparently haven't been the same since... beat Richmond.

In fact you still think Collingwood is a better side than Hawthorn??

At least Hawthorn have passion.

The Humble Pie is on hold for a couple of weeks. To say that a team must have 'no heart' or 'no passion' just because they lost to the Richmond is actually an unfair insult to the Tigers. Give Richmond some credit, they set themselves for the match and they were prepared to work harder and take more risks than us, and they were rewarded with a much deserved win. We are definately playing 'without confidence', but there is no way you could say that we're playing 'without heart'.

Yes, i still rate the Magpies ahead of Port and Hawthorn in 2007. It wasn't a dig at Hawthorn or Port, they are playing some exiting footy, but i just think that they are a year away from being a serious premiership contender. Their younger players would benefit with another pre-season under their belts. The best way to judge if a team is ready for Finals is to have a look at how they play against Sydney and Adelaide, because both those teams play a brand of footy that is 4 Quarters of high pressure, high intensity, 'finals-like' contested footy. You look at the top teams like Geelong and West Coast and see how they play against Sydney and Adelaide. Geelong and West Coast have not lost to Sydney or Adelaide all year. Then have a look at how Port and Hawthorn have gone when they've played against Sydney and Adelaide. Port has been well beaten by Adelaide twice this year, and Sydney thrashed Port also. When Hawthorn played Sydney in Round 11, the Hawks got off to a good start in the first quarter, then Sydney put the pressure on in the 2nd Quarter, and the Hawks crumbled under the pressure and ended up losing the match. When Hawthorn played Adelaide in Round 14, they were absolutely smashed in the contested footy, and the Hawks could manage only 4 goals for the whole game. When Collingwood played Adelaide in Adelaide we stood up to the pressure and we won easily, and to prove that wasn't a fluke we then thrashed Sydney in Sydney. They are the facts, and for those reasons i believe that Collingwood is ahead of Hawthorn and Port at the moment, because we have at least proven that we are up to that level. I know that Hawthorn beat Brisbane, and it was a good win, but that match was a free flowing attacking sort of a match, and there is no way that the Geelong's, Sydney's, West Coast's, Adelaide's, Kanga's etc, will allow the Hawks to play with that sort of freedom. Hawthorn will have to improve alot come finals time to be a serious contender. If the Hawks can beat Sydney in Round 22 then they should be considered a premiership contender in 2007, but that is a big if. Back to the Pies, i know that it is fair to argue we are not playing with the same level of confidence and intensity as we were early in the year. I know that alot of people think that our younger players have dropped off, which is true to a point, but i think that it is our more senior players that have really let us down over the last few weeks. Players such as; Ben Johnson, Paul Licuria, Dane Swan, Shane Obree, Guy Richards, Alan Didak, etc, are all struggling for form. Hopefully those players can regain their Mojo before the finals. The best indication of whether the Pies are still a force in 2007 will come in rounds 21 and 22 when we play against Sydney and Adelaide, and there is no bigger test than that. Go the Pies. :thumbsup:

What a great win tonight by the boys. Buckley back and got thru fine, great win over the swannies. Rocca got reported but surely will get off, clarke got cleaned up in which case in all honesty with the way thing have gone of late the guy will and should get a min of 3-4 weeks. Pies still in with a good shot this year if we can keep on getting better.

I just got home from work, put the TV on had a few drinkies and bam here i am singing songs like a jolly ol pirate :D. In all honesty i really thought we woulda lost but alround great game.

yeah pies all the way.. i mean what pie fan dont wish that every year?

sorry but they're old news.. flavour of the month a few months back.. get past north/haw/port/gee/wce in a final and then we'll talk turkey

yeah pies all the way.. i mean what pie fan dont wish that every year?

sorry but they're old news.. flavour of the month a few months back.. get past north/haw/port/gee/wce in a final and then we'll talk turkey

Yeah well we did beat north, we shoulda beat hawks, almost beat WC, and geelong are just to good. And y always beatin up on the pies choco, are they a bit better than your team or u just taking them as an easy target?

rocca should get at least a week, a clumsy spoil attempt and it was very late. if rocca is gone for next weeks game, thats a huge boost for the crows, who need a win at the dome to make the 8 (and ill be there cheering them on!).

Thanks to the pies I have all tips correct so far this round lol. I don't think Rocca should get suspended, it's not like he drew blood or anything so the contact must have been very minor. 1 week would be the worst case scenario I'd say.

Rusling was looking fantastic till he got injured. Buckley showed some class when he got the ball. Collingwood for mine will still be lucky to get past the first week of the finals. The free kick count was shocking too btw!!

The only things that will help rocca is the fact that he didnt follow thru with the hit he pulled it back and the other thing is goodes is always looking for a cheap free kick and made it look worse than it was. Anyone willing to predict what amon will get for the hit on clarke? My guess after the baker and johnson cases is if he doesnt get a min of 4 weeks there something wrong.

dont worry bout WC... hes just a bitter old man.... :)

Rusling is gonna be something, his pace off the lead looks very special!!!

Big win, we match up well on sydney and loved the $2.30 odds :) , i was confident going in. Rocca should get off, as contact wasnt made i do believe. Buchanan should get 5-6, he was about 1 metre in the air thats just plain disgraceful...

GO PIES!!!!

Great win by the Pies against the Swans :D. We will have to play with that same level of intensity in our upcoming matches if we are to make a serious run in the finals. With Port winning, the only way Collingwood can now make the Top 4 is; if we beat Adelaide, the Swans beat the Hawks, and the Bulldogs beat Kangaroos. I can't see the Kangas losing to the Dogs, so we will most probably finish 5th or 6th which will at least gaurantee us a home final. If we lose against Adelaide this week it might be OK because it would mean we would finish 6th and Sydney could finish 7th so we would then have a rematch against Sydney at the MCG in the Elimination Final. Hopefully Rocca only misses one match becuase we really need him for the Finals. Although it wasn't a high impact strike, it was still reckless and he doen't have the best record at the tribunal. If he does get suspended Ben Reid could come in to replace him for the Adelaide match. He's been in good form in the VFL. Go the PIES!!!! :thumbsup:.

I just wanna thank Clarke for taking that charge and the Pies for helping O'Loughlin hurt himself lol hopefully they're both out for the Hawks game :)

Buchanan One week...another great performance from the AFL tribunal..... seriously a joke!

Yeh Clarke didnt get hurt but come on.... Buchanan had both feet off the air and had no intention to get the ball....

Anyhow GO Pies big game tonight!!!

Buchanan One week...another great performance from the AFL tribunal..... seriously a joke!

Yeh Clarke didnt get hurt but come on.... Buchanan had both feet off the air and had no intention to get the ball....

Give more than a week and our game is in serious jeopody of becoming Netball. Was a good, fair, clean bump. No intention for the ball, correct, equals 1 week, but this is football.

Yeh and Steven Baker gets 7 for something where there is no video and teh bloke says it was accidental contact...the tribunal is a joke

but yeh

This will be the first time this season i want collingwood to win, GO PIES! :p

Matty that Baker Suspension was truly a joke and has cost the Saints a spot in the finals i think. No video evidence what so ever and even so if he did break his nose how that can get 7 weeks is beyond me. Just look at Ben Johnson what was it 6 weeks and imo getting less just shows how inconsistent the tribunal is.
A broken nose gets more than a hip and shoulder that could of quite easily made poor belly a paraplegic. :blink:

Give more than a week and our game is in serious jeopody of becoming Netball. Was a good, fair, clean bump. No intention for the ball, correct, equals 1 week, but this is football.

Perhaps your missing my point here. The fact that the tribunal can be so inconsistant with its decisions...How can you give johnson 6 weeks and the Buchanan hit only 1....i wont bother lol...

Everyone have a good weekend!!

Back
Top Bottom