Collingwood 2007 Offical Season Thread.

call it what ya want, but at the end of the day Sheeds wanted to stay but the "newcomers" said no. Thats pretty close to a sacking ;)

if his contract was terminated i'd say its a sacking.. but it hasnt been..

though im glad he's going, though wont be happy with nothing less than a mark harvey/gary o'donnell or mark thompson..

I think mark thompson is impossible to get. He wont talk to anyone until after the season and essendon fired sheeds early so they could have a crack at all the best coaches NOW, if bomber wont talk until after the season there is no way essendon can afford to wait cos theres too many other positions to fill.

Pies fans relax...They have the easiest draw of all the top 8 teams for the remainder of the season and should walk in a top 4 finish...

Love to see them play Geelong in a 1vs4 matchup at the MCG away from the cats beloved skilled stadium....throw that home field advantage out the window and get ready for your first taste of blood people...That would be a cracker of a double chance matchup

hot pies at the G boyz and girls

Relax pies fans relax... you guys can stroll right into 4th spot, i mean you've got an easy run home right? dont need to leave melbourne, playing the bottom sides, i mean cmon it's ready for the taking right???

ahh whats better than an essendon win? a pies loss.. while my team has no expectations of making finals, im happy to watch teams thats are meant to and carry on like they've wrapt up the whole thing.. ahhh its great not being a pies fan

haahahahahahahahahahaha
You guys got OWNED tonight, that wasnt even a contest! They got like 100 more possies than you and you got destroyed in the clearances and stopped plays. Man i wish Melbourne had Foley on its list, were talking about a guy who came from the rookie list and leads the leauge in Clearances :woot: . Not much to smile about at Tigerland this year but Foley-Deledio-Tambling-McGuane-Jackson-Howat and a few of the others are really starting to find some form.

and we are going to beat you guys next week too and than you got Syd and Ade to finish. It would be so hillarious if you fell out of the 8. haha

Carn The TIgers! :D :thumbsup:

Good work by the pies resting guys and not rushing Buckley back for this easy game against Richmond ;)

well done tigers played great football and collingwoond thought they would win easy

nothing better than seeing the pies get beat

just looks all too firmiliar.. though I thought this year would be a cake walk.. the melbourne game ahead now looks crucial, and even they'll come in with confidence regardless of their outcomes before hand..

........... now.... let's wait for the excuses.....

WOW, it's amazing how many people are willing to write-off the Pies after just one bad game.

On the flip-side Hawthorn was going really well until it got thrashed by Adelaide 4 Weeks ago, and the Hawks just haven't been the same since.

It will be a challenge, but i'm confident that the Pies can bounce back to their best before the Finals. If the Pies are still struggling in a few weeks time, i'll be eating Humble Pie, or should i say Humble magPIE. Go the Pies.

How is that Pie?? SHould not have ever lost to Richmond even Hawthorn who apparently haven't been the same since... beat Richmond.

In fact you still think Collingwood is a better side than Hawthorn??

At least Hawthorn have passion.

How is that Pie?? SHould not have ever lost to Richmond even Hawthorn who apparently haven't been the same since... beat Richmond.

In fact you still think Collingwood is a better side than Hawthorn??

At least Hawthorn have passion.

LOL Collingwood supporters cant see logic...A bad game is losing to a team a few spots below you on the ladder

Losing to a team that has won 1 GAME for the year is PATHETIC, Collingwood is a long way behind Hawthorn at the present time

Ok thanks for all the lovely comments guys :)

Its ok, yes we were smashed last night. You dont have to be einstien to work out whats going on. You can say all you want but this is the reason i truely believe why our form has slid.

At the start of the season we started out with 6 of our best 10 guys out due to injury that was ok didnt have high expectations, then the kids came in and took over, 6 or 7 new players playing great footy. Yes it looked great indeed, the Pie future was and still is bright.

We happen to play 22 rounds in the season but, now for a group of young lads thats a big task to fill, most of these are first year players who were covering for several long term injuries to our key players, and to play the season out is just to tough for their young bodies.

Now, yes we have some senior guys back :) . But its quite obvious they are not match fit. If you saw Clement last night you see my point, weve had to cut into our list that deep, its not funny. Fraser, O'Bree, Clement and Reece Shaw were all doubtful during the week and they all ended up playing.

Now we found a few things out last night:
Licuria is in his last season.
Midfield is just too slow.
Need another Ruckman (Bryan was ok but just not upto it).
Backline was at its mercy, depth wise.
Cloke had his worst game for the year.

Fire Away!!!

Magic :)

All good points mate... and you probably have the most level head of all Collignwood supporters here.

The fact is I am sure at this point in time as the season stands you would admit Hawthorn is further progressed than Collingwood.

And that doesn't mean I am saying we will set the world on fire - but if winning two of our next three is all we need for top two (and there is a distinct possibility Kangaroos will have a tough problem winning two of there next four)... we have a chance to at least make it to a prelim final... because I believe we can beat Port and the Bulldogs.

Back
Top Bottom