Check out this absolutely disgusting card I pulled out of a $350 4 Card Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need a reason, after what is discussed do you still think i need a reason? I didn't even know that was a reason until I felt they were ignoring me so I got in touch with afterpay and they advised me they had a returns policy. 100% if you send me a damaged card and are hanging up on my calls I'm going to follow through and look to get a refund.
you keep mixing things around. i never said you need/dont need a reason by policy. a policy can be anything, so yes, you were well within your rights. but by law, that is not the case. a company doesnt have to do that.
i was just clarifying, since you made it sound like that particular policy was also the law.

you keep mixing things around. i never said you need/dont need a reason by policy. a policy can be anything, so yes, you were well within your rights. but by law, that is not the case.
i was just clarifying, since you made it sound like that particular policy was also the law.

It is, the law references that. The law states that if the entity has 30 day return policy then they need to refund eligible returned items returned during that time frame. Either way what you think doesn't matter, AfterPay stated what they stated and confirmed i should be getting the refund. Not sure that anything more needs to be discussed.

Any more questions?

It is, the law references that. The law states that if the entity has 30 day return policy then they need to refund eligible returned items returned during that time frame. Either way what you think doesn't matter, AfterPay stated what they stated and confirmed i should be getting the refund. Not sure that anything more needs to be discussed.

Any more questions?
youre arguing with yourself at this point, since ive already agreed with you on that issue a couple of times. IF the company has a 30 day return policy, of course they have to honor that by law. but emphasis on 'if'. australian law also has a standard policy that ALL businesses have to adhere to, which is the law i was talking about.
but for whatever reason you dont want to get what im saying, so i'll leave you alone.

youre arguing with yourself at this point, since ive already agreed with you on that issue a couple of times. IF the company has a 30 day return policy, of course they have to honor that by law. but emphasis on 'if'. australian law also has a standard policy that ALL businesses have to adhere to, which is the law i was talking about.
but for whatever reason you dont want to get what im saying, so i'll leave you alone.

Yes regarding the if and they do, ok cool we are on the same page. So my refund was justified, discussion ended, thanks

As you were not in the call you have no stance to try and defend them.

The repackers return policy, and in this case it does. If you offer a 30 day return then you must abide by that, you can't say we offer a 30 day return policy as long as you return the item in the state you received it but then choose not to follow through on your returns policy.

Do you agree that companies need to follow through on a stated 30 return policy or will you like the challenge that?

Once you open the product there goes your return the item as you received it policy. Good thing for you it was damaged.

Once you open the product there goes your return the item as you received it policy. Good thing for you it was damaged.

Not true:

Firstly, are you a lawyer? Have you read the return policy to comment or are you just assuming?

"To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging."

The items are the cards, if they all come in perfect condition you can return them as they are in the same condition. Where it says in the original packaging it does not state opened / damaged / in the same conditioning. Like i said earlier afterpay told me as per their returns policy I can return it within 30 days damaged or not, I just need to send it, I was getting my refund regardless of what the repackers view on this was. My calls were being hung up on, messages not responded to, i sent them what afterpay told me and then they were willing to communicate. I got my refund, it's probably best they just revisit their returns policy and look to support customers better in the future.

I've spoken to afterpay and I've received my refund, hope it can make sense that I'll know a bit more about this topic than you.

Last edited:
If the cards were all in 100% condition and the description was 100% on point I feel I could have still legally gotten a refund. The first offer was a replacement box which I wasn't accepting, and I then advised them why I should be getting a refund, and I got the refund. I'm not here to game the system but I understand my rights.

Personally I'll rather the discussion in this regards end here.

That went well.

Also, now that I have fully read through the thread I need to adjust some of my comments. There are indeed a lot of cowboys out there, but Cherry Collectibles is not one of them.

They should not have put a damaged card in but they have gone over and above to make it right.

You seem like an old timer / respected here so i'm sure your input will be respected (edit: i assumed you were but I have more reputation than you, but i'm assuming you've been in the scene for a while?) I'm new to this and my experience differs, my initial gripe in that regards was the first getting that card and the way i was being hung up on meant that i felt for me to get a refund i need to speak to afterpay.

- You agreed that I shouldn't have gotten that card but it did
- From there do you agree that I should be able highlight my concerns with them?
- From there I went to address it with them and I tried to call up multiple times and kept getting hung up on
- Do you agree that they should be hanging up on me and ignoring my concerns via messages?
- I then only got responded to once I highlighted my frustration and how I would be seeking my refund and how afterpay is now involved, that is when "they went above and beyond", this should be key, I shouldn't have had to get afterpay involved.

If you went through my experience will you still feel the same? I feel like you could be ignoring my experience as your experience with them could differ, all customers should be treated the same newbie or old school.

Last edited:
"I assumed you were but I have more reputation than you"

?????

This feels a bit a like a Blowout thread( boy do I miss that place). I am going to have to have a closer look at your comments. Something is amiss with you cobber.

I suspect political correctness and certain types of legislation will impede me from "teeing off" on you - old school style.

How is this thread still going... I think all that has needed to be said has been said.

I think most people in the hobby would have done things differently. But i can understand as a last resort going through afterpay etc to get the problem sorted with no communication from the other if that was the case.

I would probably avoid buying anything in the future that isn't graded as I think you're expectations are just going to keep getting dissapointed busting boxes or buying raw cards if you're looking for everything to be in great condition.

False advertising is why, it was originally advertised as a this is going to sell out quick xmas special, they listed roughly 10 amazing hits and made it read like it was limited to 40 sales (zion rookie auto, Luka auto, Jordan Auto, Lebron Auto, Kobe signed Jersey... ect) I then discovered it was 40 cases, with 4 boxes per case, so it went from a 1 in 40 chance to 1 in 160 of getting the hits. I called them and advised them of this, they then got the description updated but in my mind i felt i had something to fall back on in the case i got junk. I got the first box and it was a great box, some amazing hits so we got another and we were ok if we got some average cards since the first box was really good but yeah I won't cop a damaged card.

"In my mind I felt I had something to fall back on in the case I got junk".

What a marvellous fellow you are.

Locking it down. This threads not going anywhere. You got the refund and more.

I'd suggest spending some time looking at all sorts of other cards as this chipping is quite common from the printers.

I'd also suggest how this situation is making you look, Id say you've scared a lot off from ever selling or trading with you based on this experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom