Cards bending, need some input...

Kreative666

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Michael
eBay User
elden2000
Has anyone else had their cards bend?

I've had this problem recently, mostly with base cards after I've opened several boxes I have left in piles overnight. I've been too lazy to put them in sleeves straight away as I've wanted to bust other boxes straight away and sometimes the cards will have bent slightly. I'll put my hits in magnetic holders or at least a penny sleeve into a top loader straight away.

I'm guessing the best way is prevention instead of cure. Put the base cards in sleeves straight away and the inserts/autos/patches into top loaders or magnetic holders. The folders of the cards I do have are in my room, there is no sunlight. No air conditioning but I leave the windows open mostly.

Are the Clear Ultra Pro Card Boxes good for storing base cards safely as well?

Would like to hear your thoughts and experiences.

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
The ultra pro 2-piece clear cases are good for storing base cards, but it all depends on the set size. the larger sets will require more than one box. I use the large white cardboard storage boxes (5000ct for me). Far easier to store the larger/cheaper sets.

Sometimes they come out of packs with a bend to them. I remember back the early 90's some of the Skybox and Ultra cards I used to bust came out of the pack with a bend to them, and I know or certain some of the Exquisite from the 2005-06 Limited Logos Set (I think) have a bend to the card, which are in the actual card already when they come out of their packs.

Also on a side not, some of the cards are also not a regular size, where one card may be a little (1-2 mm) longer / shorter or wider / narrower than the other cards for the same set. One recent example is the 2012-13 UD All-Time Greats where the bases when you line them up are not all the same size.

Ersk

Good point Ersk. Thanks for the reply.

I remember buying a box of Topps Finest Football 2013 few months and they all had a slight 'bow' to them on the sides of the card.

Found this @ Cardboard Connection. http://www.cardboardconnection.com/trading-card-supplies-storage-display

"One of the biggest problems with traditional binders is that normal vertical storage and gravity cause the pages to sag and droop. This could potentially bending cards and leave them damaged. Archive-quality albums come with a cardboard sleeve that the album slides into to prevent this issue."

Hence, lying down albums horizontally/flat will stop this.

I have my pc binders standing upright and haven't had any trouble with the pages sagging/cards bending. But I have always used the ultra-pro three-ringed padded binders. As to mid-90's card with bends out of packs - the worst was the 1994-95 Special edition cards out of upper deck. Series wasn't so bad, but series two was absolutely attrocious.

Back
Top Bottom