Buy Graded cards or Not??

KardKid23

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Drew
I'd like to have the graded version (already in the case, you know the quality - usually except for fakes) but put off by price.

Does anyone here in OZ bother to collect graded cards?

I'm sure people def collect graded cards for price protection if its 9+ rating (as per what i have seen around).
As for me myself i still do not own one so im def on the hunt for one!

i've got a few graded cards, mostly pre 1995.
Is it worth getting PSA 10 versus a PSA 9 when the price can be such a difference?

i've got a few graded cards, mostly pre 1995.
Is it worth getting PSA 10 versus a PSA 9 when the price can be such a difference?

Well 10 is perfection, 9 has "certain flaws" so prices will vary, as an example check out Ebay sold items to see what the difference is between products and you will get a better understanding of the price difference
between your cards.

Yeah tonnes collect graded cards. One thing to remember, is the condition/quality of a graded card should never change (unless it's a faded auto - http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/you-gotta-be-kidding-me.176081/), whereas raw, ungraded cards can quite easily become subject to damage one way or another.

You're absolutely correct in that prices change, and depending on the card in question, can more often than not inflate the price quite dramatically (and rightfully so too).

Something you need to answer for yourself, do you buy a raw (cheaper) version, or go the graded version and pay a bit more (sometimes a lower graded version can be cheaper than a raw version too!)

Yeah I agree.

A card chase I was considering doing one time (few years back), was to get the 50 Greatest Players (NBA) rookie cards, graded minimum 7. For some, that's quite expensive, but for some there's no way I would purchase raw, for fear of fraudulent copies.

it's good to use forums like this as everyone knows everyone. hopefully that minimises chances of bad buys/ trades

I like graded cards, but don't particularly collect them. I buy them if it's a low numbered card I need. They are good as display pieces IMO.

Graded cards are for fools!!!! Cards a meant to be appreciated...only the prime cards through the hobby should be graded...MJ, Mikan etc. Death to graded cards!

P1070221.jpg

PB250052.jpg

1997-98FlairShowcaseLegacyRow242of100BGS95BUSTED.jpg

P3110099.jpg

20130216_193612_zpse7373c18.jpg

20130216_193640_zps5cfa4886.jpg

1996-97FlairShowcaseLegacyCollectionRow2148of150BGS9BUSTED_zps0aeb8725.jpg

UD_zpsf9d56859.jpg

Letterman_zpsc352b2a1.jpg

Personally I like my cards graded, even though not all my graded cards are premium, I slabbed them for safety reasons, and somehow I just like to look of a slabbed card :)

Back
Top Bottom