Buddy Hield

thePACisback

I Hoard Horford
Real Name
George (Call me Gee)
COMC User
No1CavsFan
Has anyone been watching this guy play for the Oklahoma Sooners? I mean, I think he's a better prospect than Ben Simmons, as unpatriotic as that is...

I mean, he is nearly a lock for National Player of the Year... The kid is a beast, best shooting guard prospect I've ever seen, doesn't matter that he's undersized because he is a beast.

I'm gonna PC him when he gets in the league, and if you haven't seen his game yet, watch the NCAA March Madness Final Four on ESPN. When you watch his game, it'll be worth sending some time watching college basketball for once.

He's very undersized and I think in the pro's that's going to hurt him - he's not going to be able to easily shoot over the top of other SG's like Jimmy Butler, Bradley Beal or Klay Thompson - his hype actually reminds me a lot of Jimmer Fredette. He's also in his 4th year of college so he's much older than Simmons who spent one year. When a first year college player is putting up those Simmons type numbers there's no way that Buddy will be taken higher nor should be a better prospect in the eyes of scouts.

Additionally, 4 year college players haven't been successful in the NBA for a long time as a general rule. Buddy at best can have the offensive impact of a Jr Smith or Jason Richardson or a CJ McCollum from behind the arc where Simmons has the tools to be a hybrid of Blake Griffin (rebounding), Lebron (scoring range), Lamar Odom (defense) and Toni Kukoc (playmaking).

Don't get me wrong, I'm on the record for being a fan of Buddy - but I just don't see him being anywhere near Ben Simmons in terms of his ceiling and what he can do to a franchise.

There was a player with similar hype back in the 1995 draft - can't remember his name - who was also small for an SG. He didn't do much. Shawn REspert ... that was the guy's name.

won't need to shoot over jimmy,

he'll be shooting with jimmy,

(in other words, from what ive seen, i want him at the bulls next year, and im aware he probably wont be there for us to pick)

won't need to shoot over jimmy,

he'll be shooting with jimmy,

(in other words, from what ive seen, i want him at the bulls next year, and im aware he probably wont be there for us to pick)
Do you reckon the Bulls will trade someone to the team that selects Hield?

theres no-one id trade for him outside of mirotic simply because i like our core, and to trade jimmy (which is what it would legit take to get up that high in the draft) is a dumb ass idea to me,

@nike1 The Bulls pick would be between 14th-18th IMO, so I reckon their first round pick this year, a first-rounder next year & Mirotic would get Hield in Chicago.

In saying that, unless a team like New Orleans, Denver or Orlando pick Buddy up, I don't see him becoming a Bull. Even with those teams, Chicago would have a faint hope.

But then there's always the hope that the Bulls can miss the playoffs by a tiebreaker, and win the Lottery with the 0.36% chance of them getting a top 3 pick, or whatever those chances are...

I think he's top 5 for sure now.... Simmons will probably go first even though he can't shoot
My top 10 draft prospects are

1. Buddy Hield, Oklahoma
2. Dragan Bender, Croatia
3. Ben Simmons, LSU
4. Brandon Ingram, Duke
5. Jamal Murray, Kentucky
6. Jakob Poetl, Utah
7. Kris Dunn, Providence
8. Domantas Sabonis, Gonzaga
9. Grayson Allen, Duke
10. Brice Johnson, North Carolina

For anyone who hasn't seen Dragan Bender play, I strongly encourage you to search him up on YouTube for some highlight plays. This guy is a projected top 5, and I strongly agree. Hes a Dirk/Porzingis/Pau hybrid. Most mock drafts have him going to Boston at the moment... We'll see if that changes.

Ingram at 4!?
I thought until about a month ago it would be better for him to stay in school than to go to the NBA this early.

Don't get me wrong, he is an awesome athletic prospect, but his defensive game needs a lot of work for a power forward.

Back
Top Bottom