Both my teams going down in OT

JZA

the ginger ninja
Real Name
Jeremy
eBay User
jeremy1439
First Houston pushes the cats to 2OT with no Yao or Tmac but still go down by a bucket, then the Suns push Nuggets to 3OT (again!) and go down by a bucket! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I cant take this much stress in one day...

:D

I think I had a mailday of him the other day. :D

Melo you LEGEND! WOOHOO!

By the way... that Houston vs Cats game was heaps stressful. They play better without TMAC and YAO! That Luther Head guy is pretty good. They should allow him to shoot more and theyll win more games.

"Denver 139, Phoenix 137, 3OT
Denver 139, Phoenix 137, 3OT

Preview - Box Score - Recap

By ARNIE STAPLETON, AP Sports Writer
January 11, 2006

AP - Jan 10, 10:12 pm EST
More Photos

DENVER (AP) -- Carmelo Anthony scored 43 points, including the game-winner with 2.9 seconds left in the third overtime, sending the Denver Nuggets past the Phoenix Suns 139-137 Tuesday night.

After Anthony swished a short jumper, Eddie House was short on a long jumper after a timeout. Shawn Marion tried unsuccessfully to toss it back up as the buzzer sounded.

Earl Boykins added a career-best 33 points for the Nuggets in their first triple-overtime game in a decade. It was the Suns' second triple-overtime game this season alone: They lost at New York on Jan. 2.

Raja Bell led Phoenix with 30 points, followed by Marion with 28, Steve Nash with 26, James Jones with 22 and Boris Diaw with 12.

Nash fouled out with 35 seconds left in the third overtime. Ten seconds later, Bell fouled Andre Miller, who sank both free throws for a 137-135 lead.

ADVERTISEMENT

House hit a jumper with 12 seconds left, tying it at 137 and setting up Anthony's game-winner -- with tissue paper stuffing his left nostril to keep blood from gushing out.

Anthony scored with 2:30 left in the third overtime to give the Nuggets a 131-129 lead, but he was inadvertently kicked in the face by teammate Eduardo Najera and was bleeding during the timeout. He stayed in the game with watery eyes. "

Ouch. Nailed the game winner with tissue stuffed in his nose. LOL. LEGEND.

Back
Top Bottom