mattbowen

Cowboys Collector
Real Name
Kurt
eBay User
debbi7977
:wave:Hi guys

Im a bit worried at the moment!

I am going in to have an operation tomorrow.

I have to have 4 teeth out but will be out to sleep.

Has anyone ever had this done before? Where you worried? And does it hurt afterwards?

Thanks guys

Don't know how old you are - kids teeth nothing to worry about, I had that done without being asleep - just don't get up too quickly after it. Wisdom teeth I hear can be a pain afterwards. Either way if you're getting put to sleep the actual teeth coming out won't hurt, just some discomfort afterwards.

I'm having my 4 wisdom teeth out on Thursday. The operation itself supposedly takes between 15 and 30 minutes so it's not a long ordeal. I've been told by a few people the first few days are a little uncomfortable but some strong painkillers will do the trick (i.e. Panadeine Forte). FWIW I'm not too worried about it, more happy that I get a week off work and Uni so I can get stuck into a couple of new games on the PS3! ;):thumbsup:

Bro dont worry man. I had to get 4 wisdom teeth removed for braces when i was 15, and didnt even get put to sleep, i was awake while they yanked them out and it didnt hurt, the only problem was you would be constantly bleeding for the next two hours. You get to be put to sleep, seriously bro i wouldnt worry at all. It doesnt hurt afterwards really just be a bit numb and bleeding, and you will have to eat spaghetti and soup for weeks.

Let us know how it goes bro.

Most have their wisdom teeth taken out without going to sleep, especially if they have started to come out already.

I had mine out while asleep. After it when you wake up, you are a bit dazed, like with any other operation, but your mouth is absolutely numb. I remember they told me to try drink so I could go home. My mouth was still so numb I couldn't purse my lips together to make a seal on the straw to drink, and it would dribble out my mouth because I couldn't feel that my mouth was not closed completely.

It was a bit sore for a couple of days, and I couldn't brush my teeth - my dental surgeon got my to wash my mouth with a mouth wash instead.

You'll be fine. It is all quick an easy.

Mine were a bit difficult to pull though, cos they were not up right and they needed to break a couple of them into piences to get them out.

Ersk

Thanks guys. I am only having 4 teeth out, not wisdom or baby teeth. I have heving four out to get braces.

I am having them out right up and down and left up and down so Im worried I would be able to eat. I also have a cooking excusion on Thursday to Sydney Tower... to eat at the buffah:( I wanna go!!!!

Thanks guys. I am only having 4 teeth out, not wisdom or baby teeth. I have heving four out to get braces.

I am having them out right up and down and left up and down so Im worried I would be able to eat. I also have a cooking excusion on Thursday to Sydney Tower... to eat at the buffah:( I wanna go!!!!

You get an excuse to eat heaps of ice cream bro:lol::lol:

A nice smile is all worth it. Think of the millions you will be dragging in once the talent scouts see you walking down the street. Or maybe not :D

Just remember to take the painkillers at regular intervals as prescribed even if you don't feel any pain and you'll sail through it no problems.

Yep just be happy your getting knocked out for it. I had a molar pulled not long ago and it was just under general anesthetic. It didn't hurt but just watching, hearing and feeling every tug the dentist made was not a thing you want to experience too often haha

After wards the pain wasn't too bad from memory, just hit the Panadine Forte and i was good after a day.

I had the same thing as you to get my braces on mate. They put me on anaesthetic and drilled it out but I was awake and could hear/feel it - not the pain just a pushing feeling.

You'll be right. The worst bit is not the operation, rather the uncomfortableness that follows and inability to chew!

Back
Top Bottom