Beware the following seller...

clarkescards

OzCards Greatest Hero!!!!
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
clarkescards
Beware of the following ebay seller - rock_47802

Won 2 auctions for some cards, where he stated $18 postage costs to Australia for Registered Mail, and via Global Priority. Wasn't that thrilled about paying that amount for postage, but really wanted the cards, so decided to bid for them, and I figured that with them being registered, I'll have protection if the cards didn't arrive. Proceeded to win the cards, and was happy that the seller decided to charge $18 to send both cards, rather than $18 each.

After 2 weeks, I still hadn't received the cards, so I messaged the seller to ask when I could expect the cards. The seller responded back with "Be patient". I figured then, that they had forgotten to send the cards, and had just sent them.

Anyway, another 2 1/2 weeks later, I messaged the seller again, and again I get another short response that the cards are on their way. Anyway, about 3-4 days later, the cards finally arrive. To my disappointment, I find out they were sent by Surface Mail (slower than Airmail) rather than the Global Priority that I had been charged for, and nor was it sent via Registered Mail, which again I had been charged for.

I thought I'd do the right thing and contact the seller about my problems with the postage, before I left -ve feedback and file a Paypal claim. The seller responds "You should be thankful that you received the cards". Being less than impressed about his response, I then file a Paypal claim.

Thinking back, I should have done the dishonest thing and reported that I had never received the cards, and claimed the full amount back, as he obviously wouldn't have had any documentation saying he had sent the cards via Registered Globabl Priority.

Anyway, beware, if you are interested in any of his cards, as he says he does this to all his International Customers.

This happens to me daily i'm afraid.

My insured items for high end stuff, often arrives with a $1.80 printed label.

In the end, if it arrives I am happy.

But if it doesn't, then that's the darn sellers problem.

Sure, it's not right. But because of my excellent feedback, so many more sellers are willing to work for me and it's more important to me, than to get a neg from some idiot whom wants an extra buck.

But thanks for the info on this seller, it's good to be alerted.

pfft... "you should be thankful you recieved the cards".....

oh my i would of got ticked off by that Clarkey (BTW welcome back :) ) . Was a tool you paid for the item, $18 friggen for postage! and he says that to ya, seriously get this clown banned from the bay.

What a knob thats just truly pathetic from a seller to say something like that and do something like that, makes me sick!

Only happened to me once this, ut same thing. Charged $15 for registered of a 1/1! A 1/1 mind you! If it's gone, it's gone! And it shows up a week later via regular post and the seller proceeds to tell me that 'I got a bargin on the card and they'd be happy to have it back'. That changes it? Stupid people.

Again ppl, just claim paypal, if they do something dishonest an eye for an eye I say... aye aye! (ps i don't condone fake claims apart from where you are ripped off totally not just overcharged...)

adhunt - I only thought of it after I had contacted the seller regarding the postage, otherwise I might've done it when the cards arrived.

Hill - Nah, I trust that seller. And after all, I have his address!!! ;)

Just go to the US to buy your cards, you can use the money you save from having to overpay on postage costs for the flight over! lol. That's what I did lol.

Back
Top Bottom